God of War

Big Boss

1 minute ago, krados said:

hey man, what is this video about? I havnt watched any GoW video after the one at E3 2017...does the above one has spoilers in that regard?

Shows the armour set and shield which is already visible in promo shots. Also, a monster in a snow area for 2 seconds. 

(don't remember if the small monster is already shown as I've not watched the older videos) 

nope not watching it.

PS: Request anyonw who watches it to please discuss it in spoilers, please don't spoli for the one's who are holding on till release date.

Edited by AtheK
  • Like 1

It got leaked. 

From era user. For people who don’t want to watch the footage 

Ok I'll post some sh*t I gathered from the trailer:
- Standard layout basically, blocks with shield immediately. There's a sprint too, and square is used to tell Arteus to shoot arrows, triangle to call back axe.
- Press down for quick turn. RE4 anyone? :)
- These "Labors" pop up whenever you perform a special kill of some kind.
- Cooldown timer for abillities, although it seems to let you use them while it's counting down so it might work a bit differently.
- There's a danger ring like in MGS4 with detailed tutorial screens for it in the video.
- The boss seems to have his health bar divided in half and a weird symbol, might be covenant or level related?
- Artues' ammo is recharged with time, and has a slot for a special abillity (probably).
- Kratos can get "shield-broken" from enemies.
- Artues has a notebook where he writes all the lore stuff down, it's like he's studying the Norse lore as the game goes on.
- There are breakable boxes and vases in the environment.
- Enemies can get status effects.
- Finishers like in the last GOWs are there, only with R3 instead of circle. Becomes avaliable when enemies get their "stun meter" all the way up from getting hit. Enemies also have levels.
- Can aim for different body parts with the axe throw.
- There's a beastiary, and a map.
- Shop layout. Can craft armor, upgrade weapons. The rest might be buy, sell, and something else which looks like a chain, might be for enchanting?
- Stat screen. Luck stat probably affects loot?
- Loot required for upgrades. Can get loot and "money" from dead enemies.
- There are also skills? Skill tree?
- XP used for upgrading, "money" for armor.
- Different rarity types of armor.
- Looks like Kratos may have another weapon to switch to. Health bar in green and Rage bar underneath, if full Kratos can activate L3+R3 rage attack. Axe abillity equipped and room for one more.
- Weirdly, those big circles appeared only when the tougher enemies attacked...and they have a division in the health bar like the boss.
- Can counter projectiles like in previous GOWs.
- HUD disappears when not in a battle.
- Looks like there are some environmental puzzles that invlove throwing the axe on stuff, and Arteus can drop chains for Kratos to climb on.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Another link if its taken down

9 mins of b roll footage from sony. 

Oh my god. Combat concerns vanished after watching this.

I am just gonna throw the Axe. That finishing move is epic. How cool what happens after you sprint towards the enemy. The Upgraded Axe is so much more fluent than the standard one. Its almost butter smooth like Blades.

Really liked the puzzling Norse lore. Kid is annoying during battle a bit.

HUD is  ugly. How was that approved? Everything oozes style and HUD is pretty bad especially the enemies, health bar.

Some gifs below

7lxp0r.gif

1ilo79.gif

9P022Dp.gif

Edited by IamSun