Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slackerninja

IVG Podcast 43: Post-E3 2016 reactions and analysis

41 posts in this topic

E3 2016 was packed with lots of new announcements, with new games and hardware being unveiled.

e3-2016-001.jpg
In our post-E3 podcast – which runs over 90 minutes – we sift through all the major announcements from the major press conferences and elsewhere.

Here’s a brief list of the topics we’ve covered this time:

EA press conference

• Still no proper Mass Effect gameplay
  • Cringe-worthy FIFA 17 segment
  • Titanfall 2 single-player and new gameplay mechanics
  • Every EA studio has a Star Wars game
  • Battlefied 1 impressions

e3-2016-ea.jpg

Bethesda press conference

• Quake Champions and the over-reliance on old franchises
  • Prey reboot
  • Skyrim Remaster
  • Dishnonored 2 gameplay, new features and powers

Microsoft press conference

• Xbox One S: What’s the point?
  • Xbox Anywhere: The finer details
  • Forza Horizon 3 and how glorious it looks
  • Sea of Thieves looked pretty underwhelming
  • Project Scorpio: Did it make sense to announce it so early
  • Gwent, Final Fantasy XV, Scalebound, Minecraft, and more

xbox-one-s-003.jpg

PC Gaming Show round-up

Ubisoft press conference

• Ghost Recon Wildlands doesn’t look like a Ghost Recon game
  • South Park: The Fractured But Whole
  • For Honor looks a lot of fun
  • Trials of the Blood Dragon
  • Watch Dogs 2: Memes, setting, possible editions, and gameplay improvements
  • Steep: The Crew meets adventure sports

Nintendo round-up

playstation-vr-003.jpg

Sony press conference

• God of War’s much needed reboot: Speculation on setting, gameplay, characters, etc
  • The Last Guardian release date
  • Kojima announces a game that isn’t yet in development
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn walkthrough impressions
  • Crash Bandicoot remakes/remasters
  • Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare looks surprisingly good
  • Insomniac’s fantastic looking new Spiderman game
  • Days Gone

Best moments and favourite games of E3

As always, you can download or stream this week’s podcast here. If you have a different podcast app on your device, throw our feed in there.

You can also check us out on iTunes, and if you like what we’re doing, please leave a rating and review.

Sea of thieves stage demo was not good but behind close door hands on demo was quite good according to Gb, IGN,GS nd all. Many websites were praising the game.

IGN, Gamesradar nd all included it in best of show list after playing the game. It's a loot based MMO RPG game.

Also Xbox One S makes lot of sense for those who want cheap gaming system to play Xbox exclusive games with 4k Blue Ray playback support and can't afford or interested in High end PC or Scorpio just to get few extra pixels. For $299 Xbox One S is the cheapest and only console in the market with 4k Blue Ray support.

AtheK from IVG will be getting Xbox One S this year. It's for people like him not you, who want everything cutting edge and High end every year.

Edited by WhiteWolf

Sea of thieves stage demo was not good but behind close door hands on demo was quite good according to Gb, IGN,GS nd all. Many websites were praising the game.

IGN, Gamesradar nd all included it in best of show list after playing the game. It's a loot based MMO RPG game.

Cool story bro. I'll tell you what, the moment anyone of us get a hands-on with the game, we'll revisit our statements. Till then things stand as is. If it looked like a*s in the presentation, that's what it's judged by. And given how previews are versus how the game inevitably turns out, I rather be erring on the side of caution. Reminds me of how good Battleborn and Homefront were in their initial previews only to be glorified shitfests.

Also Xbox One S makes lot of sense for those who want cheap gaming system to play Xbox exclusive games with 4k Blue Ray playback support and can't afford or interested in High end PC or Scorpio just to get few extra pixels. For $299 Xbox One S is the cheapest and only console in the market with 4k Blue Ray support.

AtheK from IVG will be getting Xbox One S this year. It's for people like him not you, who want everything cutting edge and High end every year.

Preaching to the choir son, day zero on the X1S. Already pre-ordered. But for most people, and those who own an Xbox One, it's a waste of time right now. Plus, if you consider it from an Indian context, 4K TVs are still expensive. So if someone has one they have the money to spend, so spend for a better BD player rather than an X1S which from the looks of things, isn't getting a release here anytime soon.

It's not for me or you who already own X1 or PC, but if you don't own a X1 or can't afford a Pc then it's a great deal for 299 imo.

Plus 4k Blue Ray support is a great add-on.

It's not for me or you who already own X1 or PC, but if you don't own a X1 or can't afford a Pc then it's a great deal for 299 imo.

Plus 4k Blue Ray support is a great add-on.

It won't be $299 in India. :naughty:

Not too loud because Alpha. :fear:

I don't think he will check this thread.We are safe here.

Also You said nothing but truth. Adding oil or making combat unnecessarily complicated doesn't make Combat good, when character only use same 2 animation move through out the game.

I want dedicated podcast on Witcher combat please :P

It won't be $299 in India. :naughty:

Price of Fat Xbox is 32k right now. So expect it around 30k. Plus Amazon koi toh lelo sale will make it even cheaper.

I don't think he will check this thread.We are safe here.

Also You said nothing but truth. Adding oil or making combat unnecessarily complicated doesn't make Combat good, when character only use same 2 animation move through out the game.

I want dedicated podcast on Witcher combat please :P

Two animations? What?

Shows how much you even explored the combat section.

Oh please. I spent around 100 hours in Witcher.

He uses same 2-3 animation moves. Magical powers add little variation but core combat is unchanged. There's nothing you can say to change my opinion about combat in that game.

And Joe you yourself said you like ES combat more and you don't find Witcher 3 combat that much good.

Edited by WhiteWolf

Yes, I like TES combat, but that doesn't make Witcher 3 combat bad by any means. Witcher is a character driven RPG. So you cannot expect variation in combat.

And you are wrong with two animations. Have you even tried rend, while attacks? Alchemy skill line?

That was not the discussion? Yes, the combat sucks, but I'm talking about you saying it has only two animations?

You are wrong about that.

unnecessarily complicated doesn't make Combat good

I don't know how addition of potions/oils/usage of bombs is complicated. Literally every RPG game has potions and stuff.

I completed on hard without using any oil or sh*t. After few hours I was literally god and massacring every enemy in few hits without using Alchemy.

Combat remains same and does not change or give you good enough reason to use Alchemy unless you are really into that kind stuff in RPG games.

If you are going to talk about animation, even Dark Souls has same animation. It just differs from weapons, but that's about it. Same roll, dodge, attack. Same two animation.

I agree the combat one of the weakest part of the series. I never like the roll-dodge-crappy combat, but for that you simply cannot ridicule entire combat elements available. At least it has some combat depth for character driven game.

I completed on hard without using any oil or sh*t. After few hours I was literally god and massacring every enemy in few hits without using Alchemy.

Combat remains same and does not change or give you good enough reason to use Alchemy unless you are really into that kind stuff in RPG games.

Well, you can complete Dark Souls and other plenty of RPG games without using any armor or weapon on any difficulty level. Does it mean all available combat elements doesn't change anything?

Just because you play RPG games as an action game, it doesn't mean all that stuff is not required or unnecessary.

Edited by Joe Cool
3 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0