Update: Vivendi holding off on Ubisoft takeover plans for six months

They are not video game companies

They Hired Obsidian in collaboration with THQ with THQ doing most of the funding's

They did not hire OBSIDIAN. OBSIDIAN was developing the game with South Park Digital and ThQ was the publisher.

Read up on Wiki, game was in development long before UBISOFT even got the publishing rights following the collapse of ThQ.

Since 2013...yes

WD,Siege,Crew,Division,South Park,For Honor,Wild Lands are all fresh concepts

WATCH_DOG's as we all know was a pathetic start to a new IP. It was an open-world game for its sake.

SEIGE is doing just about okay. OverWatch has pretty much gutted it for now.

The Crew was a laughable failure, I do not even know why you want it here but I will humour you and they did try to revive it, just too late, too little.

The Division, do not even know what's happening with the game but it has pretty much changed from what was shown in its E3 reveal and I dunno how many players are still active here (again courtesy OverWatch).

South Park is not their IP. Already given you a wiki link on how long it was in development at OBSIDIAN before they came in. The Fractured but Whole will be their first release, so no comments.

For Honor, not released, no comments plus I do not think it will stick around much unless UBISOFT supports it properly.

Same with Wildlands, no release date, nothing to actually lead us on what exactly is in the game. From the footage they have shown it just looks like Borderlands without the charm of that, just tacticool, macho, serious, brown-cover-shooter stuff happening.

So against any major conglomerate. They have not done anything great or revolutionary or innovative, they have just launched more IP's than anyone else (maybe, I do not have the time to comb through mega-block-buster release charts). Most of the innovative(s) they launched, were either mediocre IP's needed to fill a niche or old franchises that needed to fill in the gaps

• WATCH_DOGS (because everyone has an open-world and we need something apart from Assassin's Creed)
  • SEIGE (multi-player shooter, badly supported and I dunno how good its faring)
  • The Crew (massively multi-player racing game, dead for all intents)

I do not think whether we want this takeover to happen or no matters and in the grand scheme of things I do not see it interfering with how UBISOFT will operate. To stay relevant in the industry at its size it will have to compete with EA and ACTIVISION, Square, SEGA etc.. Its not Devolver Digital or Deep Silver or Paradox or some other eccentric mid-tier company which can live on games in a particular niche and release them on a limited front, it has to release mega-block-busters which are heavily driven on a hype train marketing model to survive.

AnK

You do realize that Joe and Alpha are no.1 Ubisoft haters here? Just like you hate MS, they hate Ubisoft. Don't waste your energy arguing them.

They can bash all they want but whole world knows Ubisoft is one of the best publishers on the planet. I would go ahead and say they are miles better than even Sony.

Ubisoft game over UC anyday.

And yet I own all Ubisoft games (except Division & Primal) and played all.

I don't judge a game based on metascore. Like, are you for real? 8etn7W6.gif

Far Cry series: Blood Dragon trumps Far Cry 4 and pretty sure it's better than Primal too. However, Far Cry 3 takes the cake. Simply amazing.

Assassin's Creed series: Well, II is always going to be my favorite. However, I did enjoy Black Flag a lot. Unity & Syndicate? Not so much.

Splinter Cell series: classics are always going to be better. But, Blacklist was fantastic. I played so much, and did achieve leaderboard scores in co-op.

Watch_Dogs: Have already said it many times. I liked the mini-games and driving around at night (8etn7W6.gif). Rest everything was just mediocre.

Rayman: All are good and fun to play.

South Park: Goes straight to favorite list.

Siege: Died before I got chance to explore much.

Crew: I wanted to enjoy it, but sadly couldn't. It was mediocre on all basis.

You would be surprised that I was the one who voted Ubisoft for best E3 2016 conference.

Sure, I hate them. 8etn7W6.gif

AnK

You do realize that Joe and Alpha are no.1 Ubisoft haters here? Just like you hate MS, they hate Ubisoft. Don't waste your energy arguing them.

They can bash all they want but whole world knows Ubisoft is one of the best publishers on the planet. I would go ahead and say they are miles better than even Sony.

Came here to see Ank and Zodka team up vs the world.

Unfortunately that didn't last long :(

Lol You have not played two of the best Ubisoft games of all time. FAIL

Division is one of the best MMO-ish game of this gen and Primal is one the most risky and daring game from Ubisoft. You need balls to release a game like Primal. They completely changed the series by removing guns nd all from them.

You don't even know what MMO games are. 8etn7W6.gif

Best Ubisoft games of all time. Sure. 8etn7W6.gif

Division is dead. No one cares. Not even Ubisoft. It's probably fastest selling and fastest dying game ever made. 8etn7W6.gif

Primal, bro, but it has only 76 meta. How is it all time best? 8etn7W6.gif

Could you be more delusional please? 8etn7W6.gif

You don't even know what MMO games are. 8etn7W6.gif

Best Ubisoft games of all time. Sure. 8etn7W6.gif

Division is dead. No one cares. Not even Ubisoft. It's probably fastest selling and fastest dying game ever made. 8etn7W6.gif

Primal, bro, but it has only 76 meta. How is it all time best? 8etn7W6.gif

Could you be more delusional please? 8etn7W6.gif

You said you don't care about Metacritic then why bring Metacritic?

And Division is One of the best games from Ubisoft. I have spent over 100 hours in it. You have not played it, so keep quiet.

AnK

53603210.jpg

Zodka BS ke hadd hoti hai yar.

:rofl:

Unlike EA, Activision and Bethesda, Ubisoft PC games here are reasonably priced. I think all are below 2k. Bc EA treats Indian gamers like sh*t. They have stopped releasing retail version of PC games here and charges insane amount of money for games and still you guys worship them and hate Ubisoft?

Bethesda and Activision are not different from EA when it comes charging retarded amount money for Pc games here.

Ubisoft still support regional pricing here like SE.

Wow. The delusion is real. So if the game is dead, it's not developer/publisher's fault?

Let's make online shooters & MMO wannabe games and not add anti-cheat. So innovative. The cheaters are there is first place because Ubisoft didn't invest nor showed any sign of interest in having anti-cheat system in first place.

ARK is more MMO and more active than Division will ever be. You know why? Because they care, and Ubisoft doesn't. Even their latest patches are a joke.

All Ubisoft does is, put out 10 different editions for every fυcking game. At least EA, Activision, and other publishers don't.

Wow. The delusion is real. So if the game is dead, it's not developer/publisher's fault?

Let's make online shooters & MMO wannabe games and not add anti-cheat. So innovative. The cheaters are there is first place because Ubisoft didn't invest nor showed any sign of interest in having anti-cheat system in first place.

ARK is more MMO and more active than Division will ever be. You know why? Because they care, and Ubisoft doesn't. Even their latest patches are a joke.

All Ubisoft does is, put out 10 different editions for every fυcking game. At least EA, Activision and other publishers don't.

B-b-b-b-b-but Hoodies! and Open World!

All Ubisoft does is, put out 10 different editions for every fυcking game. At least EA, Activision, and other publishers don't.

Division is designed keeping console audience in mind. So Iam not surprised it's dead on PC.

Games like Destiny and Division only works on consoles.

Anyway, iam done here.

Archived