Yakuza 0

Shadoken

3 hours ago, majima said:

Majima > Kiryu. Majima’s combat styles and character development is much better than that of Kiryu. Even the Cabaret Club minigame is better than Real Estate Royale. 

I think your opinion will change once you play the other games in the series. All i will say is that the majima in Y0 is very different to the majima in other games 

3 hours ago, majima said:

Majima > Kiryu. Majima’s combat styles and character development is much better than that of Kiryu. Even the Cabaret Club minigame is better than Real Estate Royale. 

Like KC said, Majima is very different in other games.

I think the only guy who comes close to Kiryu would be Akiyama from 4.

I saw some random videos of Majima in the latter Yakuza series and he's like the polar opposite of what he is out here. I feel in this game, his story line was fleshed out really well and the intention would have been for newer audience to connect with his original persona. But doing that, set huge expectations, which I'm not sure of how people would perceive in the latter game(s). 

His introduction was great and I really found his relationship with Makimura Makoto (love her voice actor) to be heart-warming. This game is on a different level when it comes to character portrayal and can toggle very well between it's slap-stick humour and serious moments. Majima's main and sub-stories are a testament to this

I find Kiryu to be the calmer and more grounded character. He's what everyone would expect to be a proper template protagonist; slightly conflicted, loyal & heroic. While Majima shares some of these qualities but brings a crazy/psychotic part of him to the table, which Kiryu doesn't. This is what separates them both. Then we have the dramatic change at the end, which essentially makes it like a Batman/Joker-esque shift. 

His craziness reflects well in the karaoke sessions interjections (Rouge of Love anyone?), his slugger style heat action finishers and towards a certain point near the end which we'd all know when. He's compassionate & protective towards Makoto & the Cabaret stroyline hostesses. Finally, his suave attitude which is found in those hostess training conversations. 

So to sum up, for this game, he's definitely the stand out character who can hold his own against Kiryu. 

• Like 1

^^

Oh and then we get this right at the end;

I felt so bad for Majima that I actually cried. It is amazing...nothing happened to him but those sad eyes. 

Oh I and I have already preordered Yakuza 6 but now I will not play that game because Yakuza 2 is coming out in Aug. I also need to start Kiwami.

Edited by kaka_messi

1 hour ago, majima said:

Acknowledged, it’ll be some time before I play the other games in the series. In Yakuza 0 though, Majima is on another level. I also prefer the Mad Dog of Shimano combat style over Dragon of Dojima. 

In other Yakuza games (before 0, such as Yakuza 4,5 etc.) each character had 1 different combat style, instead of one character having 3-4 styles. Overall, I prefer Akiyama's combat style which was pretty well balanced and centered around kicks.It was pretty fast and packed quite a punch too.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ said:

Guys which  combact style should i invest iam in chapter 2 got 3 styles with kiryu

Whichever you're more comfortable with. Go with rush as it really helps in the initial stages with the quick strafe dodging and builds up the heat meter. 

1 hour ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Whichever you're more comfortable with. Go with rush as it really helps in the initial stages with the quick strafe dodging and builds up the heat meter. 

which stats are worth investing in rush initially. I got health and attack power 

17 minutes ago, ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ said:

which stats are worth investing in rush initially. I got health and attack power 

Since you'll have limited money in the start of the game, go with Heat Wave , Heat Retention (Time) , Power Surge & Rising Tornado. Once you progress further in the game and start raking in more moolah, you can invest in the mid and top tier upgrades. Don't go over-board with the health upgrades as you'll have plenty of money later to keep stuffing up on Stamina Royale and use it during your battles. 

Edited by Ethan_Hunt

• 5 weeks later...

Played for about 3 hours non-stop. Took a break and when I came back....greeted with one of the most heart braking pop-up - "There is no saved game" :cry::ko:  WTF!! I havnt missed any tutorial or anything...game never tells you how to save? I was having an amazing time with the game...its such a buzz-kill....to start from scratch again....dont feel like doing that at all :( 

2 minutes ago, krados said:

Played for about 3 hours non-stop. Took a break and when I came back....greeted with one of the most heart braking pop-up - "There is no saved game" :cry::ko:  WTF!! I havnt missed any tutorial or anything...game never tells you how to save? I was having an amazing time with the game...its such a buzz-kill....to start from scratch again....dont feel like doing that at all :( 

You need to save at the telephone booth. It has an 'S' symbol on the map. This game doesn't have any auto-save system. So you'll need to manually do this.

Don't give up. RESTART!

1 minute ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

You need to save at the telephone booth. It has an 'S' symbol on the map. This game doesn't have any auto-save system. So you'll need to manually do this.

Don't give up. RESTART!

I remember calling from the booth twice -

1. First, when you have to call the HQ, after that guy gets killed.

2. Secondly, when you receive a pager from Nishiki who ask you to come meet your mentor's right hand or something.

But, the game never gave any option to save. So, after these cutscenes/conversation, I enter the booth again to save? How could anyone know how to save? :ko:

Just now, krados said:

I remember calling from the booth twice -

1. First, when you have to call the HQ, after that guy gets killed.

2. Secondly, when you receive a pager from Nishiki who ask you to come meet your mentor's right hand or something.

But, the game never gave any option to save. So, after these cutscenes/conversation, I enter the booth again to save? How could anyone know how to save? :ko:

Calling from the booth for that mission will trigger a cut-scene only. That part won't save and only send you out on the mission. It has to be done for a non-mission part. As soon as you access the booth, it should bring up the save menu instantly. Try it when you're free roaming. 

I do remember the basic tutorial explains this (been a while since I went through that). I remember checking for this option as soon as I didn't find any save option in the game when I got it the first time. For new players like us, it feels really different. :P 

Stick with it. Trust me, you don't want to let it go. 

1 hour ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Calling from the booth for that mission will trigger a cut-scene only. That part won't save and only send you out on the mission. It has to be done for a non-mission part. As soon as you access the booth, it should bring up the save menu instantly. Try it when you're free roaming.

1 hour ago, adity said:

Save spots appear as an S on the map. You have to manually save.

Got it. Thanks.