METAL GEAR SURVIVE

SRINI87

47 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

And I doubt people will create multiple characters in this game coz first playthrouh itself includes crazy amount of grind and takes hours of to complete all missions. 

NJ9eRSn.png

He's completely lost it. RIP. 

I saw couple of guys on Era doing such amazing mental gymnastics to defend it, it was incredible.

"If you didn't like the game you obviously are not going to replay it again with new character, so second slot is useless. But if you did like it to play for 30-40hrs and want to replay it then $10 is totally reasonable because base game is $40 so its still cheaper than other AAA games. Plus you liked it so $10 isn't big amount to pay for 2nd run"

pZ9rdhfNLt-6.png

6 minutes ago, adity said:

?The?intent?is?to?provide?players?a?sense?of ?pride?and?accomplishment?

The ? intent ? is ? to ? provide ? players ? with ? a ? sense ? of ? pride ? and ? accomplishment ? for ? paying ? $10 ? for ? save ? slot. As ? for ? cost, ? we ? selected ? initial ? values ? based ? upon ? data ? from ? the ? Beta ? and ? other ? adjustments ? made ? before ? launch. ? Among ? other ? things, ? we ? also ? have ? microtransactions ? for ? powerups. ? Daily ? SV ? points? will ? be? given ? once ? per ? day. ? Ensuring ? that ? players ? have ? challenges ? that ? are ? compelling, ? rewarding, ? and ? of ? course ? not ? attainable ? via ? gameplay. We ? appreciate ? the ? candid ? feedback, ? and ? the ? passion ? the ? community ? has ? put ? forth ? around ? the ? current ? topics ? here, ? our ? forums ? and ? across ? numerous ? social ? media ? outlets. ? Our ? team ? will ? continue ? to ? make ? stupid ? decisions ? and ? monitor ? community ? feedback ? and ? update ? everyone ? as ? soon ? and ? as ? often ? as ? we ? can. ? Thank ? you ? for ? buying ? the ? game ? and ? save ? slot.

6 minutes ago, adity said:

"If you didn't like the game you obviously are not going to replay it again with new character, so second slot is useless. But if you did like it to play for 30-40hrs and want to replay it then $10 is totally reasonable because base game is $40 so its still cheaper than other AAA games. Plus you liked it so $10 isn't big amount to pay for 2nd run"

aRZruL6.gif

Koji Cult is celebrating everywhere. Everyone wanted this game to failed and they finally succeeded. 

This unhealthy obsession with Kojima is disgusting and scary. 

you bought it yet?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

And I thought they can't make a worse MGS game after Phantom Pain. I was so wrong. 

Well they wanted to focus on Mobile games, guess now they will have lots of time cause MGS is dead now.

2 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

And I thought they can't make a worse MGS game after Phantom Pain. I was so wrong. 

Well they wanted to focus on Mobile games, guess now they will have lots of time cause MGS is dead now.

It went down after Snake Eater anyway. 

Survive is a disgrace to MGS legacy. 

16 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

^^^ Here you go again. People still think that you pay money to buy save slot to save your progression which is not true. lol 

Nobody thinks that. Everyone knows that you need to pay $10 if you want to make new slot/character. 

Why don't you buy the game first, play and then defend? You itself know how big pile of garbage it is. ldWXYsP.gif 

^^^ Here you go again. People still think that you pay money to buy save slot to save your progression which is not true. lol 
why the hell are you defending this crap malpractice..?

again please tell me have you bought the game yet?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Metal Gear Survive has 63 on metacritic. I think this is due to the fact that most critics don't use the full 10 point scale.
If critics used the entire scale, it wouldn't score more than maybe 40 at best. From what gameplay footage I've seen i can't see how some critics gave it 8/10 or 7.5/10.
Most critics only use the 5-10 points scale.

19 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Suppose you bought a car and the salesperson says that you have to pay extra if you want other seats besides driver's. You can still drive the car with one drivers seat. Now tell me will you be okay if this?

I hate the fact that the save slot thing has completely eclipsed an actual major issue with the game. Aside from being an online only game for even SP mode, the game only saves when you're in base camp. And God forbid if you're outside hunting and gathering for an hour or two and the net disconnects, you're fked because the game kicks you out to main menu, losing all your progress and inventory since last save. This is the most retarded way to handle online only save system since Ubisoft DRM from old AC games, and even those games autosaved every few seconds.  

Suppose you bought a car and the salesperson says that you have to pay extra if you want other seats besides driver's. You can still drive the car with one drivers seat. Now tell me will you be okay if this?
I think he will be ok with it.

Giantbomb - Metal Gear Survive is both a bad survival game and a bad Metal Gear game

The story has very little to do with the pre-existing Metal Gear universe and the areas where it does tie in seem like they're only there to justify the re-use of some old Phantom Pain assets. The few cutscenes that do pop up are light on story content and only serve to remind you that the Metal Gear name used to really mean something.

The game also has a lot of wave-based survival sequences, where you must protect a piece of equipment from incoming hordes for a set amount of time. These parts of the game can really drag in the story, but once you're done with the story, repeating this sort of activity is one of the few things left to do. The game lets you take on these challenges with three other souls, should you want to engage with the game's co-op mode, but back at base you can also set up longer-term survival missions for yourself. These come with timers that last 12 or 24 hours between waves, and the zombies attack whether you're playing the game or not, so if your base defense team isn't very good you'll need to make sure you remember to fire up the game and do it for yourself. The online co-op is far shorter, but not really any more engaging than the solo stuff. In the end, this is the way to get some of the game's best crafting recipes, but once you've finished the story, why would you care about finding shotgun ammo that shocks enemies or a quiver that lets you hold a slightly higher number of arrows? It's wild to see in practice.

On top of all this, the game layers on some microtransactions. Want an additional character slot? That's 1000 "SV coins," which is around $10 in Actual Money. Want to speed up this lame, long timer between the zombie attack waves that comprise the bulk of what I'd probably call "endgame content?" Drop some cash. Want some emotes for the co-op mode that isn't much fun in the first place? They'll sell 'em to ya, no problem. It has all the trappings of a game that should probably be free-to-play, but Konami is asking $40 for it up front. That's a bad deal.

2/5.

16 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Somehow this game has managed to garner a pretty vocal defense force. People really do defend anything on the internet.

Some people seem to enjoy the game's story and survival gameplay and its understandable.But still does not justify the $40 tag when it could be a $10 expansion to MGS V.

Archived