Red Dead Redemption II

Big Boss

The only thing I liked in the trailer was the music. R* used to be the masters of trailers. I think they've missed a step with the last two trailers.

GTA 5 released 5 years ago and there definitely has been an open world fatigue since then. This game can't just rely on a  good story. There need to be new gameplay elements to keep the game fresh. And they haven't shown any of them. It'll be a disappointing game if they simply use the open world model of the first RDR with a new story and better graphics.

Some new details. The following is from an official press release. It outlines the overall story:

"After a robbery goes badly wrong in the western town of Blackwater, Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang are forced to flee. With federal agents and the best bounty hunters in the nation massing on their heels, the gang must rob, steal and fight their way across the rugged heartland of America in order to survive. As deepening internal divisions threaten to tear the gang apart, Arthur must make a choice between his own ideals and loyalty to the gang who raised him."

Also, IGN seems to have gotten some exclusive info. Hope it's worth it and not just clickbait articles.

So, IGN did get to see a 45-minute preview. Here it is: http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/05/03/worlds-first-look-at-red-dead-redemption-2

Just got done reading the whole thing.

There are quite a few new details mentioned about the game.

A proper camping system with gathering resources for your gang, to feed them. Hunting is more detailed too. Heists are in. Also, a very thin line in terms of triggering a main mission and a side mission. Choices at almost every situation. Even while free roaming.

Overall, it seems to be shaping up really really well. Hype level++

Other coverage links. I'm yet to read them, though.

Who is Arthur Morgan?: http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/05/03/red-dead-redemption-2-who-is-arthur-morgan

Why it's more than just a prequel: http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/05/03/red-dead-redemption-2-who-is-arthur-morgan

Every secret of the new trailer: http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/05/03/analysis-every-secret-in-red-dead-redemption-2s-new-trailer

Saying I'm excited for this game is an understatement. The last game was my 'Game of the forever' for me. Hope this one lives up to it. By the sound of the preview, it certainly will.

???

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Well, the trailer seemed kinda boring, too much of talking and very less gameplay .... game is looking good though.... wonder if we can we swap the members in/out like in RPGs :scratchchin:

I highly doubt that. A game by Rockstar and the words 'Party System' just doesn't go well in my head. ? Especially after reading the preview.

First looks for Red Dead Redemption 2 have gone live with details on the game, the world, and the gang Arthur Morgan is tasked with managing.

The third trailer for Red Dead Redemption 2 was released yesterday, and it was a cinematic feast for the eyes.

Today, IGN posted its impressions of a 45-minute demo and according to the site, the NPCs in the background won’t be lost in a constant loop of activity. This also applies to the gang.

As Rockstar Games revealed yesterday, players take on the role of Arthur Morgan. He is one of the higher ups in Dutch van de Linde’s gang. After a robbery in town of goes wrong, the gang are forced to flee, and stay on the move with bounty hunters and law enforcement hot on their trail.

Despite things going haywire in town and having a price on their heads, the gang sticks to its ways continuing to murder and steal to in order to survive.

All is not copacetic, as cracks start to form. As Morgan, the player will be dealing with his internal conflict.

As yesterday’s Red Dead Redemption 2 announcement read, “Arthur must make a choice between his own ideals and loyalty to the gang who raised him.”

Rockstar said players will find story connections in the game with Red Dead Redemption, as it takes place prior to John Marston’s tale. We did see him in the trailer yesterday, after all.

The demo shown to IGN starts off near New Hanover with Morgan and the rest of the gang at camp. It is described as a “living community constantly changing.” Morgan is basically Dutch’s right-hand man, tasked with managing the gang. He will help provide for the group by bringing in supplies and hunting for food.

Members include: Sean McGuire, Uncle, Bill Williamson from Red Dead Revolver, Lenny, Karen, and others. Each will go about their daily lives at the camp. All have their own role to play and duties to perform: doing laundry, gathering wood, and whatnot.

Players will find a group morale system in place. According to IGN, if plenty of resources are available, morale is high. When Morgan is a good provider, he will be rewarded. Should food run low, folks will get grumpy and he’ll know about it.

Whether or not Morgan keeps the camp running smoothly will have zero consequence though, as things will continue business as usual. They’ll just get cranky. That said, Rockstar wants the player to have fun while balancing Morgan’s responsibilities.

Quests won’t necessarily come about through cutscenes. In one instance, Arthur Morgan walks by Pearson the cook who informs him supplies are running low. These interactions will be “triggered through a combination of proximity or Arthur choosing to continue the conversation.”

Player choice isn’t limited to quests as it extends to interactions with NPCs in the world, as reported earlier. The player has “complete control” when it comes to choice, and this also applies to the gang.

In the instance with Pearson, the player has a choice in the matter: help the cook or ignore him. This is a running thread throughout the game, with story and side missions a fluid mix. This provides continuity instead of a sense of detachment, and some quests will be dependent upon time of day, location, and the gang member along for the ride.

When the gang goes on a mission, various gameplay elements come into play. Distraction, pistol whipping a non-compliant bank teller, the choice of whether to crack open a safe or blow it up, are just three examples.

Dead Eye is back, as reported in February,  and “long-distance kills will play out in slow motion, shown from a reverse angle,” according to IGN.

Like Grand Theft Auto titles, a certain randomness can occur in game. In the demo, Morgan hops on his horse after pulling off a bank robbery and a bullet whizzes by knocking his hat off. This is just one example of unscripted moments in the game.

Horses in Red Dead Redemption 2 are more than just an important mode of transportation.

This time out, horses are not only the 19th century version of a car, but companions . Players will bond with their mount the more time spent with their equine friend. Grooming and feeding the horse will strengthen the bond, leading it be more well-behaved, and progressively calmer when danger presents itself.

As in real life, each breed has its own personality and set of skills. Some do better with particular terrains, some aren’t too keen on water and none will be bonded enough to jump off a cliff even when prompted.

Mounts will also act as pack animals and this is where Morgan will store most of his supplies and large weapons. The horse will stay put where left, and can be called with a whistle if the player is nearby.

Other fauna in the game include game animals. These must be hunted in order to provide the camp with sustenance. Some can be picked off with a gun, others can be killed using a bow or a knife.

As with Red Dead Redemption, the kill can be gruesome and the animal will scream. Skinning it will also be a gross endeavor like the last outing. The animal will also start to decay once killed, so as Morgan, the player will need to get it back to camp quickly. This is also the case when selling the carcass to local butchers – who aren’t too keen on meat riddled with bullets.

The IGN article has tons of information culled from the demo, and plenty of extra details. Be sure to give it a read.

Red Dead Redemption 2 will be released for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on October 26.

As previously reported, multiplayer will return, but nothing more is known at present – other than rumors.

source:https://www.vg247.com/2018/05/03/red-dead-redemption-2-choice-gang-relations/

red_dead_redemption_2_cover_art_1.jpg

After yesterday’s story trailer for Red Dead Redemption 2, the game’s main art has now been made official.

Alongside the new Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer, pre-order pages for the game went up on several major retailers’ websites. The official Rockstar website even has the usual ‘pre-order here’ page, only this time with the official art.

The red and orange art is not new, but it’s done in the same style of Spaghetti Western posters. Arthur Morgan, whom we’ve seen plenty of in the previous trailers, is at the forefront.

Below him we have silhouettes for seven unnamed characters, likely members of Dutch’s (Van der Linde) gang. Stars from the American flag adorn the background of the game title, alluding to the game’s 1899 America setting.

source:https://www.vg247.com/2018/05/03/red-dead-redemption-2-ps4-xbox-one-cover-art-revealed/

Hmm. That leak does seem to be true after all along with the map (apparently).

From 2 years ago (Spoilers!):

Spoiler

"Lets see what I remember...

You play a gang leader named Arthur. The biggest change made to the game is you have a posse. If I remember correctly, the story kind of starts when you find out someone in your outlaw gang is a pinkerton spy. The pinkertons end up having you on the run through most of the game. You acquire lots of members of your gang such as abigal, little jack, marsten, and others. The core mechanic of the game is having to maintain and continuously move your outlaw camp. When you go on a mission you will choose who to take with you, similar to mass effect or dragon age. The game spans five zones. A directive they keep getting is to make the environments more interactive like skyrim. Whatever that means.

There is kind of a game plus like like the last one had. You end up at beechers hope and switch control to Jon marsten. The are then lots of quests etc dealing with building up your ranch. You literally will do x And Z to build a gazebo. I heard someone designed a mini game where you help a mare give birth that had people laughing.

The last I heard, which was a few months ago, the game was kind of stuck in development hell of sorts. Then team kept remaking a vertical slice demo for the leaders of rockstar and they aren't impressed... They didn't find it different enough or innovative enough. Hopefully they got out of that rut.

I've also heard that since gta5 morale at rockstar SD had been bad. Long timers are quitting. Lots of turnover. Lots of frustration.

That's all I can remember off hand."

Map:

Spoiler

3048885-4116445784-Red%252.jpg

Also, going by all the screenshots released (so far), John Marston seems to have a bigger role than expected.

NCoSRzu.jpg

fZlHkxJ.jpg

aGh0XjuveDAmt3k4uSwwRrXtsfd0f2YQ0_tzmf-KvWiuSQe.jpg

A rundown on the new info about the game (from /r/reddead....):

• I've compiled the details mentioned in the first look video from IGN, as well as some other sources. feel free to comment anything I've missed.
  • the leaked map was indeed real, but keep in mind it was unfinished.
  • poker is back (https://i.imgur.com/FFCqyWi.jpg), nothing concrete about liar's dice and blackjack yet but I'd say they're likely coming back as well.
  • Blackwater and the surrounding area are confirmed to be back (Tall Trees, Manzanita Post, Beecher's Hope, the mountains)
  • walking to NPCs and some enemies with your gun unholstered will unsettle them whereas being holstered will yield a more friendly or passive response
  • the way you use the firing trigger determines what you do with your gun. for example, holding the trigger on a revolver and not letting go will just raise the hammer. mashing it will do the famous rapidfire you see in so many westerns.
  • that is indeed Uncle in the trailer.
  • you can even rob people by just intimidating them with an unholstered weapon
  • many more details at play to make the world more lively such as more NPC-to-NPC interaction, stocking your gang's camp with food affects their mood in-game, etc
  • the gang's camp, a hub of sorts, is full of characters, and everyone has a role. some will be sleeping depending on the time of day. you can keep it stocked with food, talk to people in camp, tell stories around the campfire, etc.
  • more than just food needs to be stocked. there's a bit of a camp upkeep mechanic, in that you can get wood, water, supplies and horses. the more you have, the more lively, bonded and successful you and your camp are.
  • judging by the way they describe the demo, there's no indication that anyone but Arthur Morgan is playable
  • horses have far more importance and emphasis. you can build a 'bond' of sorts with them over time, which will allow them to carry more for you (such as killed animals, or ammo), or be less scared of things like hostile animals and explosions. they can even get injured and you get a chance to save them with medicine. if you lose one it's gone forever and there is a permanence to the consequences of losing one. every time you get a new horse the whole bonding thing starts over. horse breaking looks to be back as well.
  • it also appears that your horse can carry your weapons for you, in addition to ammo. this could mean you can only carry 2-3 weapons at once while your horse carries the rest. this also means that weapon wheel is likely gone.
  • various different types of areas like the last game from swamps, snowy areas and deserts to the more bustling towns and campsites.
  • hunting and skinning are also obviously back. you can skin animals after killing them or haul them on your horse and take them back to towns to sell.
  • you can lose your hat in shootouts and, what I assume at least, you'll be without one until you get another. it's kinda implied that clothing is back as something you can do, ala GTA V rather than outfits in RDRedemption.
  • animal AI seems to be more advanced. for example, if you happen to shoot a deer in the shoulder with an arrow they'll struggle and limp, and you can finish them off.
  • depending on the weapon you use, the value of the corpse/skins will change. arrows will deal cleaner kills and get you good money, while a shotgun will leave things messier and net you less money.
  • skins and corpses do indeed rot and decompose if you don't get them sold in time.
  • the honor system is back and more advanced.
  • it seems like smalltime robbery missions are in this game, similar to gas station robberies in GTA V. you can either do it solo or bring on your gang members to help, some of which seem to have their own perks or abilities kind of like the recruitment in GTA V heists. for example, the woman of the gang can either play the role of a scared lost woman or a sleazy harlot as distractions. it's implied there's quite a lot of different choices to make in these robberies.
  • depending on the severity of the robbery, or how well you've done in keeping things quiet, you could attract a lot of law and end up in a shootout.
  • seems to be a killcam of some kind? the guys said that every now and then a kill would show a different angle with some dramatic flair.
  • more focus on interiors compared to previous Rockstar games. examples include taking things from drawers in homes, thieving from shelves in general stores, stealthily taking bags from train cars, etc.

Almost everything sounds good except for maintaining your gang. I hate companions and this game seems to heavily rely on that with bs like reading bed time stories etc. What a waste. I hope the story is great at least.

Edited by The Panda

2 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

I highly doubt that. A game by Rockstar and the words 'Party System' just doesn't go well in my head. ? Especially after reading the preview.

R* is full of surprises , you never know :P  

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

R* is full of surprises , you never know :P  

Agreed. However, I can only think of Heists as a situation where the game might give us an option to pick and choose gang members for the heist, depending on the strengths and weaknesses of each member.

I think that's the closest we're getting to a 'Party System.'

Just now, VelivolusDas said:

Agreed. However, I can only think of Heists as a situation where the game might give us an option to pick and choose gang members for the heist, depending on the strengths and weaknesses of each member.

I think that's the closest we're getting to a 'Party System.'

I'm basing my assumption on what was said in the IGN article that different camp members had different things to do .... and considering there're 6-7 of them, I'm presuming each of them will have a unique trait/strengths and depending on the situation, you can go with them .... or maybe if they go the modern-gta way,  upgrade relationship with them ?

China Gate confirmed :rofl: Every member of China Gate had specific skill,this one too :P Many similarities to the movie. I m interested now.

Hope it has Chamma Chamma :P

Edited by hope
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, hope said:

China Gate confirmed :rofl: Every member of China Gate had specific skill,this one too :P Many similarities to the movie. I m interested now.

Hope it has Chamma Chamma :P

:sign_banhim: