GTX 1070 based laptops. Where can I buy?

Asus ROG GL502VS doesn't seem to be avaialble in India. If I get it from the US, will the warranty work in INdia.it seems to have heating issues with a lot of people.

MSI has brought its GTX1060 based Laptop in India, but left out the equivalent GTX1070 one for now and instead has a higer end version with tobi eye tracker for sale.

Apart from the fact that the laptops are mightily overpriced in India, I am very fearful of the warranty experience here. DOes anyone have any experience?

^ ASUS offers international warranty on its products, better contact their support / social media for clarity on point.

Well, I tried finding out from a distributor yesterday and he says its a "International Travellers warranty" and not really an international warranty, which means u need t hold the passport of the country u buy from and then if u r visiting another country , you can avail services there as long as u have a visiting visa which is valid at that time. So, basically, I will need to have someone having a US passport buy it, which is doable, but for warranty that guy needs to be visiting here and have a valid visa. Too much BS, not doable.

According to the distributor its the same if I get the 1070 variant of MSI from US, which would actually cost the same as the 1060 one here even if I import properly paying all fee.

It sounds pretty wrong to me, but he says thats how it is and he is a ery reputable guy so hard to doubt him. If that is true then I am left with no choice but to buy the MSI 1060 variant for now and maybe sell it next year when more of 1070 ones become commonplace.

EDIT: BTW< nice to see you area Witcher3 fan now :) . I remember you saying that u havent yet dived in to the Witcher series so won't play TW3 for a long time.

~snip~

Oh! That is just moronic and here they advertise it as full international warranty.

Thanks for the heads up good Sir.

EDIT: BTW< nice to see you area Witcher3 fan now :) . I remember you saying that u havent yet dived in to the Witcher series so won't play TW3 for a long time.

You must be mistaking me for someone, I loved the Witcher franchise from the beginning.

• 3 weeks later...

Azom systems have laptops with GTX1060/1070 desktop cards. I was in touch with them, and their user reviews seem decent. The one with GTX1060 was costing aroung Rs.1.30 lakhs. They use mostly desktop components for their laptops. Since I could get a desktop with the same config at 40k less, I am going for a desktop instead. Not to mention the upgradability in laptops is severely limited by change in any form factor in the future. However, if mobility is your primary concern and you want a laptop only, they are a good choice. Check them out on Amazon.in by searching Azom.

• 2 weeks later...

External GPU adapters have been available for laptops for a few years now. Good idea until the CPU starts becoming the bottleneck.

Yeah but then again that will always be the case in Laptops. CPU will become a bottleneck at some point, so one would need to discard it anyway. Till that point I feel external GPUs can offer solid upgrades, at least in theory. Not sure how these hold up in practice.

Did you even read what I wrote? Don't just reply for the sake of replying. Just saying...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aggressive much? Had a bad day?

I simply posted posted that yes I agree CPU will be a bottleneck EVENTUALLY but till that TIME an external GPU seems like a good option. How hard is that to comprehend?

Archived