Heaven Angel

Planet Coaster - Update 1.0.1 - Adds Harder Challenge, New Blueprints, Optimizations and more

Hey everyone,

As you may remember from yesterday's competition announcement, we have a new update coming to Planet Coaster today!

It's live and ready for you to download now. The update notes are below. Don't forget there is a December update on the way too which includes more free content.
Enjoy!

New blueprints

• New shops/facilities blueprints for all 5 themes
  • New scenery blueprints for all 5 themes
  • New coaster blueprints
  • Added a "harder" challenge mode
  • Crash fixes/stability improvements
  • Optimisations
Bug fixes
  • Loading an old park will not reset your custom music
  • Fix black artefacts on HD4000 machines
  • Fix mouse issues on Windows 10 Insider
  • Fix heatmaps when a train falls off the track
  • Fix Priority Pass attendant animation issue
  • Reduced CPU/GPU usage when the game is minimized
  • Excitement, fear and nausea values now appear on coaster blueprints tooltip
  • Tacos icons now appear in Guest Inventories correctly
  • Fixed lights on dark ride in "The Creature Awakens"
  • Allow guests to stand at different heights on raised queues/paths
  • Guests re-equip balloons when leaving rides
  • Fix issue where control rebinding's were not being reapplied if you cancelled out of a change
  • Fix harness animation on Canyon Runner
  • Star Studded Career achievement fix
  • Guests now enter toilets/first aid centrally rather than clipping into the building
  • Guests with nothing to do leave the park rather than idling on the spot
  • Improved performance when editing terrain around water bodies
QoL improvements
  • Coaster auto-avoid now ignores terrain when auto-tunnelling is selected
  • Clicking a notification will now rotate the camera to focus on the affected facility/exit/entrance
  • Height markers now appear when building downhill more often
  • Community translations now support overriding the games font, allowing support for East Asian languages where characters were previously not included.
  • Escape now exits the main menu

Have fixed most of my quarrel with the game. Also added harder mode. CRVU9g7.png

Edited by Heaven Angel

8.5 - GREAT.

Planet Coaster is a wild ride of delightfully customizable roller coaster theme parks and light economics.

While it may not be an amazing capitalism simulator, Planet Coaster is a fantastic theme park-building sandbox that rarely ever took an idea I had and told me, “No, you can’t do that.” Its knobs and levers are various and potent enough to allow creativity on par with a Minecraft or a Second Life, and a big part of my excitement is seeing what other people are going to do with it - especially when you factor in the seamless Steam Workshop integration. If I were another prominent theme park game coming out this year, suffice to say I’d be pretty worried right now.

The building tools in this game are incredible and it's probably the best looking sim out there. The lighting looks so good!

That said, I have really bad OCD while playing it, everything needs to be perfect. I find it hard to play because of my self-imposed perfection. You could for example spend 5-6 hours just building the entrance to park if you're particularly fussy. Then I look at parks created by other users and go "yep, I'm never going to be able to do that".

I really think the game works better as a creative sandbox builder than a management sim. I tried a few games in Challenge Mode and it simply wasn't fun to wait for cash to build up just so I could place a new ride.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Summer update:  June 27, 2017.

Fireworks are an explosive new way to customise parks in Planet Coaster’s Summer Update coming June 27, 2017. Celebrate the Fourth of July, New Year, Bonfire Night or any other occasion! Design epic firework displays with the new Display Sequencer, trigger them alongside other park events, and even choreograph them to custom music! Create the ultimate sky-high summer spectacle, or download the most explosive displays from the Planet Coaster community.

dLOyBbW.png

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Mizanurification said:

There's no tutorial in game? 

Nope, just some videos which you can watch here:

The main campaign starts off with basics. As you progress, you will understand the mechanics.

The game does not cover a very advanced way of building and managing. That you should learn by yourself. 

More tutorials:

For ideas, crazy designs and advanced tutorials:

^Ctop is one my favourite Planet Coaster player to watch. Great ideas and designs. Fun to watch. 

Other than that, check out these guys: Silvarret, Geekism, and El Escoces.

Steam Workshop is also filled with a crazy amount of content to give you ideas and stuff you need.