The Last of Us : Part II

WhiteWolf

7 minutes ago, sobbii said:

or may be just the right choice to get everyone talking..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I mean, maybe. But its Naughty Dog. And its The last of us 2. Its not like they wouldn't have everyone talking anyway. They could show a logo and half the internet would melt. So I don't think they were going the "any publicity is good publicity" route. Simply because they dont need to. I honestly think they thought it would be an impactful trailer to show off the game. Which it was, just not for everyone the way they thought it would be. 

That Detroit trailer through, that was 100% knowingly done to get people to talk about it. And is probably the worse offender. At least Naughty dog have a pedigree of solid writing and characterization so you know they can back up that kind of a trailer with a world where it would fit. Detroit Whatever tackling child abuse is like Tommy Wiseau doing a holocaust movie. :rofl: 

Edited by Aftrunner

I think people are offended with the fact that such a scene was used to market the game more than anything else and I guess it's understandable.

I personally didn't think the trailer was anywhere near gratuitous though. I just hope the negative reactions don't make ND compromise their vision.

9 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

That Detroit trailer through, that was 100% knowingly done to get people to talk about it. And is probably the worse offender. At least Naughty dog have a pedigree of solid writing and characterization so you know they can back up that kind of a trailer with a world where it would fit. Detroit Whatever tackling child abuse is like Tommy Wiseau doing a holocaust movie. :rofl: 

Yeah im not at all excited for Detroit. David Cage games are strictly mediocre. I only play his games to get easy platinum :P

I personally didn't think the trailer was anywhere near gratuitous though. I just hope the negative reactions don't make ND compromise their vision.

They should go all out... It's M rated game. No need to hold anything back.

Zaada se zyaada kya hoga Germany wagera mein ban hojayega game :P

Edited by WhiteWolf

Graphics were amazing.

This game is also concentrating on stories revolving around other people in the game's universe.

80% of views on internet are fine with the violence in the game. I don't think they overdid it. It's too early to judge. May be we were expecting Ellie & Joel

I am sure ND would definitely sweep us off our feet with the final outcome.

Albeit this game is not for kids.

Plus the game won't be out until 2019, they just started working on it a while ago, so expect a small gameplay video in E3 2018.

• 1 month later...

Biggest takeaways from TLOU Part II PSX Panel

• Neil confirms that SOMEONE is pregnant, just not who.
  • Neil confirms we will see new footage, most likely gameplay, at E3 2018. Hannah Hart (host), said it blew her mind, both surpassing her expectations and setting new ones.
  • Neil confirms that roughly 50-60% of the story is done.
  • Yara and Lev are siblings, 16 and 13.
  • Game takes place in Seattle for a good part.