The Last of Us : Part II

PS Fan

20 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

No wonder people call it fake.

So thing people calling fake is the part where she is dodging every attack from that meele enemy in a very realistic way and the way she is picking every arrow on the ground and putting it in her quiver. They are saying will player be able to dodge attacks in same way as in the demo and pick-up every individual item from ground that she was picking in the demo. I highly doubt if you ask me. 

This reminded me of  Metro Exodus reveal trailer where first person animation was way too good to be real or part of actual game.  Metro actual gameplay footage is out now and it looked nothing like reveal footage in terms of animation. All that smooth animation transition stuff is not there. 

I have no doubt level of detail we seeing in Tlou2 will remain there but all the super realistic animation we are seeing in the video will not be there when game comes out I think.  

If it's there then I will post eating crow pic and admit it that I was wrong. But I think final retail game will play out  differently on PS4 in terms of animation compared to this E3 reveal. But I hope I'm wrong because I want that next level animation in final game. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

2 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

So thing people calling fake is the part where she is dodging every attack from that meele enemy in a very realistic way and the way she is picking every arrow on the ground and putting it in her quiver. They are saying will player be able to dodge attacks in same way as in the demo and pick-up every individual item from ground that she was picking in the demo. I highly doubt if you ask me. 

Have you watched video posted by EA Motive guy? Its entirely possible if you have very large number of animation sets with very large blending algorithm. Most studios don't do it because its incredible waste of time and resources for something you'll only see maybe couple of times in the entire game. Unless the studio comes up with new tech to do it in efficient way, which Neil said they did. Ubisoft used to be leader in that department, but the industry has caught on since. 

Also absolutely nobody expected Metro trailer to be gameplay. It was always treated as cinematic announcement. You have to be really new to gaming to think that was all real gameplay. 

2 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

If it's there then I will post eating crow pic and admit it that I was wrong. But I think final retail game will play out  differently on PS4 in terms of animation compared to this E3 reveal. But I hope I'm wrong because I want that next level animation in final game. 

Have you not eaten enough crows already my man? You know somebody is going to quote this next year right? :lol: 

the panel at e3 already announced that they have a dedicated dodge button now in the game making it possible for everyone to dodge attacks and not scripted or cinematic moments like last game. they also said ellie would have to manually remove the arrows and stuff. if you dont remove them you wont be able to go into listen mode and other things. 

@ CC 

I will post eat crow pic xD.  Lets see if final retail game will have that level of detail in animation on PS4.  I don't mind being wrong here coz this is true next gen stuff. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

When she picks up arrows from the ground you can see all 4 arrows magnetically bunch up in her hand, she doesn't collect them like normal human. Same with the bottle, she doesn't pick it up, the bottle lifts from the base and attaches itself to her hand. Also the knife teleports to her pocket, she doesn't actually put it in. If this was all a giant cutscene then ND did lousy job with a cutscene which is even more impossible than this being a gameplay..

10 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

When she picks up arrows from the ground you can see all 4 arrows magnetically bunch up in her hand, she doesn't collect them like normal human. Same with the bottle, she doesn't pick it up, the bottle lifts from the base and attaches itself to her hand. Also the knife teleports to her pocket, she doesn't actually put it in. If this was all a giant cutscene then ND did lousy job with a cutscene which is even more impossible than this being a gameplay..

It's gay magic. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Don't really care about Joel, most uninteresting character in the ND stable. I hope they give him a proper sendoff though right at the beginning.

I disagree. For me it's Nathan Drake. I want him gone forever and want Chloe to take over as lead. 

16 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Don't really care about Joel, most uninteresting character in the ND stable. I hope they give him a proper sendoff though right at the beginning.

12 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

I disagree. For me it's Nathan Drake. I want him gone forever and want Chloe to take over as lead. 

ND should introduce Nathan Drake to replace Joel.

22 minutes ago, Playstationdude said:

ND should introduce Nathan Drake to replace Joel.

and why not have a threesome between Elena, Ellie & nathan, that is what gives the player a boner anyway these days. Plus this will establish, ellie is bi and not a lesbo, so much happiness for fanboys :P

• Like 2