Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Oceans 12 Twelve

52 minutes ago, adity said:

What hellhole, man? 

From what I heard, it was made very quick. 

It was made quickly because it was rebooted midway and it shows in the pacing of the game. The gameplay is near identical to LL yet it is held as a superior game simply because of the busted pacing in UC4.

I know I'm in the minority but I actually loved UC4's pacing. I enjoyed the quieter moments as well because I loved the characters, the writing, and the lush locales so much.

The game felt like a proper adventure that takes its time to really soak you in its world. I know it might not work for some many and that's OK. I loved it for what it was and I'm already planning to replay it soon.

1 hour ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I know I'm in the minority but I actually loved UC4's pacing. I enjoyed the quieter moments as well because I loved the characters, the writing, and the lush locales so much.

The game felt like a proper adventure that takes its time to really soak you in its world. I know it might not work for some many and that's OK. I loved it for what it was and I'm already planning to replay it soon.

UC4<UC2 for me.

UC4 is a proper adventure game. The feeling of being in a isolated place , the Story, Characters and some mind boggling locales. Damm. Whatta game :majesty:

4th game in the series and they make a Masterpiece. ND :majesty:

I doubt She wanted to make it more like uc3 but the inspiration was tlou. The whole of naughty dog agrees that uncharted 3 was a sort of misstep because of  2 things. For starters they made the set-pieces first and then tried to weave a story around it and secondly they commited to the release date right at the start and had to make many compromise s to hit the holiday deadline

• 2 weeks later...

I loved UC4 so much that I platinumed it even though I did the story 4 times I think :/

Lost Legacy was epic considering the kind of realism they went for. I only wish they did a lot more set pieces in  crowded city streets. Especially their focus not he dialect in the south and the food carts was very authentic. 

Just started the game and god it looks so beautiful ? ....also lol why are there Tamil boards and people conversing in mostly Tamil and partly hindi .....isn't the beginning supposed to be set somewhere in the north....i have nothing against Tamil being  spoken in case anyone takes this the wrong way .....just saying it was an epic fail there by ND :P

Also they speak about the hoysala empire ....maybe they should have started somewhere near hassan, Karnataka for more relevance  ...afaik the hoysala empire majorly remained in Karnataka 

Edited by kold_war

i wouldnt really call it a fail.. india is a multicultural country.. they still tried to incorporate local elements so i would give them props for that.. inaccurate yes but could have easily gone the easy route of having english boards and just letting them speak english...

Just started the game and god it looks so beautiful [emoji7] ....also lol why are there Tamil boards and people conversing in mostly Tamil and partly hindi .....isn't the beginning supposed to be set somewhere in the north....i have nothing against Tamil being  spoken in case anyone takes this the wrong way .....just saying it was an epic fail there by ND [emoji14]

Also they speak about the hoysala empire ....maybe they should have started somewhere near hassan, Karnataka for more relevance  ...afaik the hoysala empire majorly remained in Karnataka 

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Completed the western ghats level and really enjoying the game but dont like the encounter design. they are short and less. Had the same complaint with uc4, less gunplay. Asides from that fun game. The western ghats level is a testament of nds visual design talent. Animations are jaw dropping too. Also Prefer nathan over chloe as a lead by a huge margin too.

Made a video too, the moment one sees those statues :majesty:. Anywy to record videos at1080p, cant see an option to change the output and its 720p.

• Like 1

Is there any specific reason this game is said to be better than UC3 and 4, for me all the UC games have the exact same formula and kind of start to get boring. Does this change up things significantly?

4 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Is there any specific reason this game is said to be better than UC3 and 4, for me all the UC games have the exact same formula and kind of start to get boring. Does this change up things significantly?

Better pacing and doesn't drag. 

2 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

Its better because Chloe and silenced pistol.

11 hours ago, SpearHea:D said:

Completed the western ghats level and really enjoying the game but dont like the encounter design. they are short and less. Had the same complaint with uc4, less gunplay. Asides from that fun game. The western ghats level is a testament of nds visual design talent. Animations are jaw dropping too. Also Prefer nathan over chloe as a lead by a huge margin too.

Made a video too, the moment one sees those statues :majesty:. Anywy to record videos at1080p, cant see an option to change the output and its 720p.

Same here ...just finished the western ghats level.....my god the visuals in that chapter are so good! :wub: I have taken 100+ screenshots of just the western ghats chapter :P

Ya same here....prefer Nathan ....his dialogues and his quirkiness made him such an awesome character 

• Like 1

Finished it, what a bombastic finale. It kept on going and i kept on enjoying it. Overall a far superior game to uc4 and an awesome game on its own, must play ps4 title i would say. A tight, good length and solid action adventure game. Chatter of chloe - nadine gets interesting in later half and once sam joins it becomes more fun.

Few puzzles were really good like the shadow align one and it was good to see hindu gods and indian mythology. The grand statues were amazing. And those gfx man, stats show 2 hours of idle standing lol. Kept on taking screens like crazy. Amazing gfx and animations. 9/10

Credits song is pretty catchy too

Western Ghats :panic::panic::panic::panic:

:panic:

ND you wizards :panic:

:panic:

Edited by hope

• 4 years later...

Been playing this.  3 chapters left. Really enjoying it. Last game i played was ff7 remake. So coming from that, which is very stiff and 'gamey', to this game with its free flowing smooth animations is pretty mind blowing. 

Only complaint is that the combat is still very meh carried over directly from UC4. I like the puzzles in this game. A little more brain tingly. 

Also with the opening chapter i think this is the first time I've seen Indian style apartment buildings in a video game. Very cool to see. 

Performs perfect on PC. Playing 1440p with my 3070. Ultra settings. Never goes below 60. It's mostly at 90+ on fact. 

This game is the one of the few times im using photomode to take some screenshots. Otherwise i never use it.

Edited by dylanjosh
  • Like 1