Yakuza 6

Shadoken

13 hours ago, HEMAN said:

Which is the newest Yakuza game? I have never played Yakuza before and I can only buy one game, so which one should I get?

dont make a mistake, buy Y0 first and play it. if you worried about limited copies, buy Y6 but play Y0 first.

26 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

^ But someone said every game has its own story and there are recaps. 

But the main characters are pretty much the same, I think. It's always best to 'play' the story rather than watch a 5 or 10 minute recap.

For someone new to the series, I highly suggest that you should play Yakuza 0 first. Someone make it a law, already.

Even I hadn't played any Yakuza game before, so Yakuza 0 is where I started. Now, planning to get Kiwami. Will then think of the later games.

Edited by VelivolusDas
Fixed a typo

15 hours ago, HEMAN said:

^ So you are saying I should wait for Yakuza 6. Okay.

sigh....

Buy and play Y0 first.

4 hours ago, Shadoken said:

I deeply regret watching Yakuza 2 via the recaps :(

Such an awesome story , I wish i experienced it by playing the game. Cant wait to play Yakuza Kiwami 2 ( Yakuza 2 remake on Y6 engine ).

I thought Kiwami 2 was Y0 engine?

I only managed to play the intro part of the demo, but being heavily invested in Yakuza 0 at the moment, decided to keep it aside till I complete 0 & Kiwami and then get this one. 

The shift from 60 to 30fps is a massive downside. On the base PS4, even the resolution dip is quite evident. The IQ is blurrier and aliasing issues are present. But it still looks stunning, especially in the night time sequences. Good to see the series getting more exposure now. From the intro, it felt like I couldn't connect with the events, nor do I know any of the characters except Majima & Kiryu, Is this a direct continuation of 5? 

Reviews out:

Gamespot: 8/10

THE GOOD

•  Endearing, sincere narratives permeate the whole game
  •  Dynamic and exciting combat system rarely gets stale
  •  Dense and fully realized world is rewarding to lose yourself in
  •  Fulfilling conclusion to Kiryu's story

THE BAD

•  Lacklustre visual presentation in substories continues to disappoint
  •  Clan Creator minigame feels shallow relative to its scope
  •  Risque side activities remain at odds with Kiryu's ethos

IGN : 7.5/10. Yakuza 6’s story is another satisfying serving of the Japanese crime saga, but its gameplay is short on substance.

• Yakuza 6: The Song of Life presents the most detailed virtual chunk of Japan the series has managed to date, and its story provides a satisfying end to the Kizama Kiryu saga. However, as far as gameplay goes, Yakuza 6 doesn't make enough of an effort to break new ground, making it weaker overall than last year's Yakuza Zero.
  • Given more development time, this could have been the definitive entry in the series, but what we're left with is good enough. Hopefully Kiwami 2 can make some necessary improvements, because the groundwork set by the Dragon Engine is just awesome.
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life brings a satisfying end to Kazuma Kiryu's story, but it's not quite the send off I expected. Between its convoluted systems and cut content, it didn't feel like the saga ended with a roar, but with a whimper.
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life might be the end of Kazuma Kiryu's story, but it represents a new step in the series.
  • Even with my criticisms of the admittedly optional and inconsequential aspects of the game, Yakuza 6 succeeds because its core story is so compelling.
  • Yakuza 6 delivers the series' signature poignant story, and is probably the best Yakuza has been narrative and production-wise. However, the game's trademark diversions have been trimmed back.
  • The story of Kazuma Kiryu comes to a dramatic and ultimately satisfying close.
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life tells a truly gripping tale – a story that blows most games out of the water. Combine that with a refined combat system and a new engine capable of making the game's world feel more alive than ever, and you've got a stellar Yakuza title. Although the experience does feel a little stunted in places outside of the main plot, this is still a fitting final chapter. Yakuza 6 is a gloriously dramatic send off for one of the greatest characters in modern gaming.
  • Yakuza 6: Song of Life is a very deep and exciting game with a great sense of humor and strange, but fun side quests. Fans for sure won't be disappointed.
  • If you've played Yakuza in the past, I think you'll get a tremendous amount of enjoyment out of this game. If you haven't, do yourself a favor and grab Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami and play through both of them, then grab Yakuza 6 when it comes out
  • Ultimately, it's a great sendoff for one of the best characters of the history of Japanese games (and of gaming as a whole), and while Kazuma Kiryu isn't going to disappear due to the upcoming remake, I can definitely say that I'm going to miss my stern and stoic best friend with a heart of gold.
  • It's taken me a long time to experience the Yakuza series, but Yakuza 6 makes me so thankful that I finally have. The insurmountable badass Kazuma Kiryu is surrounded by a fantastic cast of characters and some gripping drama—it's just a shame that the "game" portion of this video game isn't quite what it could be. Still, this is a superb adventure from beginning to end, and further proof of the magic that Japanese developers can weave when they put their minds to it.

OpenCritic: 84/100

MetaCritic : 83/100

Bought this and yakuza 0. Playing 0 (CH 4) and that shakedown guy is a pain. Will i have enough money to upgrade all my moves if I don't fight shakedown? 
Just buy a heat usable item like gentleman's umbrella and fill all your inventory slots with heat building items. Then just keep drinking them and using it to use the umbrellas heat action on him again and again to stun lock him. Easiest money you will ever make in your life.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Monokuma said:

Can't wait!

Oh wait, 3 days before GoW emoji849.png

Can't believe they releasing it so close. No one will buy this when GoW is around and can't finish this game in 3 days either. 

Such a stupid decision. 

Can't believe they releasing it so close. No one will buy this when GoW is around and can't finish this game in 3 days either. 

Such a stupid decision. 
Yea game is definitely going to suffer because of this but I think it will pickup it's pace over time.

Dont think they care. Even with earlier games not released in the west, they must have sold good to get green light on future installments. But first the delay to Apr 17, then releasing the full game and now all the reviews are out 1 month earlier to release...would have been good to get the review buzz going just before release.