Star Wars: Battlefront II

Heaven Angel

Just now, adity said:

Well, I'm still not buying it. So, they lost at least 1 sale there. 

Glad to hear it. UkqN8bC.png

___

Reviews are pouring in:

• DICE, Criterion and Motive join forces to give us a game worthy of the Force. They have learned the lesson and, this time, we have the Star Wars game we all deserve, with enough variety and a lot of content for every kind of player.
  • With Star Wars Battlefront II, DICE and EA have righted most of the wrongs from the first game, and have created one of the best Star Wars games ever.
  • Battlefront II is everything the first should have been: it’s an immersive, fantastical experience with a heck of a lot of content to venture through. However, the game’s Star Card system is still problematic, and the inconsistencies seen in multiplayer, alongside the lack of in-game voice chat, pull it back from fully reaching its huge potential. Whilst the single player campaign is a let down in many aspects, it doesn't bring down the much improved multiplayer portion of the game.
  • So, does Star Wars Battlefront II fulfill the Star Wars fantasy? I believe it does, but it's a very Empire Strikes Back fantasy; it's not all lightsabers and Force-using. Sometimes it takes a blaster or two to get the job done or some fancy flying. It may require some frustrating moments of Dagoba-style training. At the end of the day, no matter who gets frozen in carbonite or loses a hand, you've got your squad to think about. Only together can you overcome the odds stacked against you.
  • Depending on what you're looking for in a Star Wars game, Battlefront II might be exactly what you need. It's clear that the developers have been paying close attention to player feedback, as this feels like a significant improvement over the previous entry in the series.
  • Star Wars Battlefront II is a game rich of contents and extremely close to the Star Wars Universe. Graphics are impressive and the gameplay is simple and solid. Iden is not the character we expected, but the campaign has the power to brings all the Star Wars Experience directly to the player, taking him to the different planets and giving him eventually a limited perspective of what happened from Episode VI to Episode VII.
  • Star Wars Battlefront II is a good video game, delivering a bigger and more detailed game than its predecessor. Much of the conversation will be around the loot box economy, but if you can look past that you will find a game that is as close to Star Wars magic as you will find.
  • A very strong multiplayer offering tarnished by overly complicated character progression, and a lavish, beautiful story campaign lacking in substance or subtlety.
  • Star Wars Battlefront II draw a line on the past of the licence. Complete overhaul of the space combat system, disappearance of the walker mode, addition of classes, big content at the launch, various objectives, addition of a solo campaign. Everything we could have expected in the first one is finally here. Only the cash shop and the feeling of shooting (little bit spineless) are a problem. Despite that we have in front of us a complete Star Wars game, especially with best SW space combats since X-Wing serie.
  • Star Wars Battlefront II offers a sizable improvement over the first game in almost every way. The campaign is short but well-paced and enjoyable, and multiplayer provides a robust offering with smooth and frenetic battles. You’d be hard pressed to find anything in video games that looks and sounds more like Star Wars, as the game absolutely nails those aspects, and is even visually stunning more often than not. I do hope the issues with loot crates, unlockable heroes, and resources can be ironed out, as they’re a bit more intrusive than I care for right now. Even so, Battlefront II provides a meaty experience for Star Wars fans, and feels much more in line with the original Battlefront games than its predecessor did.
  • Star Wars Battlefront 2 is one of the most enjoyable multiplayer games of 2017, especially if you like Star Wars. It's also more flawed than it should be. Battlefront 2 doesn't deserve to be wholly defined by loot boxes, but it's inescapable given the impact they have on some of the core modes. This is why you don't tie gameplay to microtransactions.
  • Star Wars: Battlefront II is a pretty good game and you're going to get it if you're a fan of Star Wars, no matter what anyone says. I'm just thankful that the game is an improvement over the first attempt and is incredibly fun solo, or with friends online. The loot crates diminish its value greatly, and it's a shame EA forces them down your throat as part of the core gameplay, but the game looks gorgeous and is enjoyable to play. Even if you’re not a fan of Star Wars, Battlefront 2 still a decent game. Just please don’t spend real life money on EA’s loot crates.
  • Fabulous fan-service marred by commercial concerns.
  • Star Wars Battlefront II houses a decent single-player campaign and good multiplayer, but, like the otherwise slick design of its multiplayer maps, that accomplishment is often obscured by distractions. 
  • Star Wars Battlefront 2 is a great game spoiled by a terrible business model. 

Metacritic: 80. Ignored IGN, Gamepost and PCGamer as they are still in-progress. OC has included these at the moment. 

tl;dr - good game; terrible business tactics. Decide yourself. 

Game unlocks in less than 100 minutes for deluxe users. Standard users on 17th. 

H96sTfd.gif

15 minutes ago, sathish said:

hi guys does pc version support controller?TiA

Yeah, it does. 

5 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Remember that Levelcap is often sponsored by EA/Dice to talk about and promote their game, and he says its absolute P2W while people who are paid absolutely nothing by EA (I hope) defend this sh*t. 

He spent because he wanted to get the heroes. They have reduced it by 75% and the video went live before that. 

2 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

This fking company :rofl:

Iden cost was 20K before. Now it's 5K, so you get 5K. Basically, she is free after you finish the campaign. 20K is 33% of 65K total requirement... 

65K is not even a grind. So many have collected 65K in less than 20 hours. They have also fixed the MP credit system so that players are rewarded more and based on their performance.

The most important thing in terms of progression is that it's fun. No one wins if it's not. You play the game, you do your best and get rewarded based on your performance. You gain credits and spend them on whatever you want. If for some reason any of that isn't fun, we need to fix it and we will. I really appreciate the candid feedback over the last couple of days and I encourage you to keep sending it our way.

Of course, people will complain about this too because they are running out of gas. V2t0nfH.png

Edited by Heaven Angel

That was all part of the plan. If you think EA didn't know what they were doing, you have a lot to learn yet. 

75% cut down now gives them full control over crates and turns the news around near launch. Movie coming, Christmas time, promos -> cover up the loss. They didn't make $1.5B from MTs just like that last year. 

This outrage only boosted the sales. The game literally went from 11 to top seller on PS4 in less than 24 hours. Overtook Xbox in 24 hours. mzk4Ws5.png

Thanks for the drama though. 

Haha so much for all those cancel your pre order and not support this game threads on the battlefront subreddit.

40 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

He spent because he wanted to get the heroes. They have reduced it by 75% and the video went live before that. 

The point of that video flew right over your head like Poe's starfighter.

40 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Iden cost was 20K before. Now it's 5K, so you get 5K. Basically, she is free after you finish the campaign. 20K is 33% of 65K total requirement... 

I know, the EA rep who's paid to defend it already defended it in twitter reply. Instead of unlocking her directly they give you credits to unlock her because "Pride and accomplishment" I guess?

There's also a cap on how many credits you earn per day in Arcade mode that resets every 24 hours like its a fking MMO. Who comes up with sh*t like this?

The game is already on its way on having worse rating than BF1 on Opencritic despite being objectively better game. This is the first time since 2004 that EA doesn't have a single 85+ score game. What a fking waste of a good license.

1 minute ago, CarbonCore said:

Instead of unlocking her directly they give you credits to unlock her because "Pride and accomplishment" I guess?

Because it gives you a choice whether you want to spend that 5K on other hero or unlock Iden first.

1 minute ago, CarbonCore said:

There's also a cap on how many credits you earn per day in Arcade mode that resets every 24 hours like its a fking MMO. Who comes up with sh*t like this?

It's an offline mode that gives you 100 credits every minute. Not putting a limit will ruin the game. Plus, it's 500 + 500. You can still grind 1000 credits and it takes 10 minutes every day.

Plus, it's been like that since BETA and no one complained because everyone knows that arcade/offline mode and playing against bots have restrictions. If you really want to play, you are free to play arcade 24/7. Nothing is locked. 

3 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

The game is already on its way on having worse rating than BF1 on Opencritic despite being objectively better game. This is the first time since 2004 that EA doesn't have a single 85+ score game. What a fking waste of a good license.

All the negatives are directed just towards the loot crates. If you read the reviews, everyone has shared the positive impression on MP. For an average player or who plays online games knows none of this is going to affect. Everyone just wants to ride that bandwagon. 

As for no 85+, who cares? That doesn't matter to them as long it brings in the profit. As for the license, take it to Disney. It starts from there. Don't worry they will renew it with EA again or worse Activision. No other big publisher is around. 

Consumer relying on reviews in 2017? Tough luck. X0dTh2e.png

8 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

Haha so much for all those cancel your pre order and not support this game threads on the battlefront subreddit.

Just mob mentality and circle-jerking at it's finest. 

13 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

All the negatives are directed just towards the loot crates. If you read the reviews, everyone has shared the positive impression on MP. For an average player or who plays online games knows none of this is going to affect. Everyone just wants to ride that bandwagon. 

As for no 85+, who cares? That doesn't matter to them as long it brings in the profit. As for the license, take it to Disney. It starts from there. Don't worry they will renew it with EA again or worse Activision. No other big publisher is around. 

Consumer relying on reviews in 2017? Tough luck. X0dTh2e.png

Just mob mentality and circle-jerking at it's finest. 

Yeah they really do pray on the ignorance of average player that know nothing about the shittyness of this whole thing. And why are you posting changes made by EA as a defense when they're the direct response to the circle-jerks and mobs? Are you going to continue to praise EA for positive changes while simultaneously diss the people who had massive outcry against shitty system? Even the paid EA shills don't directly insult the customers. Well one did, tried to backpaddle, feigned ignorance, even used death threat deflection,and now he's fired.

Just now, adity said:

Yet you post reviews and opencritic screenshots for every game you like. Even on this page you posted a review summary and metacritic score to validate your opinion. 

Your hypocrisy is really cringe worthy. 

Guess we are reaching new levels of low and getting personal. 

Let me correct some things for you.

1. I've been updating threads for a long time now. Be it updates or reviews. 
  2. I don't care about it. I share it and post it for the community. 
  3. If I don't, someone else will and that's fine too. Sometimes it is late, so I take up the initiative to do it. 
  4. I haven't relied on reviews in a long time. If I did, I wouldn't be playing every game that is being released or pre-ordered stuff. 
  5. Whatever I post is for the community.

I post summary and reviews of every game I come across. Whether it is an indie game or AAA or EA or Ubisoft game. Or whatever it is. 

The only thing you can take it or leave is what I post after I finish the game. Which I always do and share my impression. 

If you don't want me to update, feel free to say it right away than talking behind the back. I wouldn't bother. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Well one did, tried to backpaddle, feigned ignorance, even used death threat deflection,and now he's fired.

Who? 

1 minute ago, Joe Cool said:

Guess we are reaching new levels of low and getting personal. 

Do not call other people's outcry about the situation circle-jerking then. 

I had already issued a verbal warning to @adity once about getting personal but it gets really frustrating about hearing your opinion being classified as a circle-jerk while defending a corporate (like you are totally doing and which by the way you call out others for) is not circle-jerking on point. 

P.S. -- Nobody wants you gone. But no one wants to be looked down upon for demanding a fair system. 

Edited by ALPHA17

Just now, adity said:

Look, I'm not saying you shouldn't be doing it. 

But, you've posted several reviews on this thread and made the praises bold. Plus, you even quoted metacritic score as to show that the game is good. 

On one hand you say reviews are unreliable, and on the other you use them to validate your opinion. 

I usually only cover OpenCritic but they included in-progress review scores. I even mentioned it. 

How are these praises?

• game spoiled by a terrible business model. 
  • Just please don’t spend real life money on EA’s loot crates.
  • This is why you don't tie gameplay to microtransactions.
  • It's a shame EA forces them down your throat as part of the core gameplay
  • offering tarnished by overly complicated character progression

If I wanted, I could have avoided all that. I shared excerpt available. I didn't modify or write those. Whatever is wrong with the game is a highlighted and underlined for extra attention. That's for every review post I share... 

Even left a tl;dr saying what's everyone said. Good game; terrible business tactics. Decide yourself. 

I don't bring my personal bias when recommending. 

Before you said, grind is good for the game. Yet you rejoiced when EA reduced the hero prices.

Because I already know about it? You guys just didn't want to hear and rather jump in and mock. Go on. 

10 minutes ago, ALPHA17 said:

Do not call other people's outcry about the situation circle-jerking then. 

I had already issued a verbal warning to @adity once about getting personal but it gets really frustrating about hearing your opinion being classified as a circle-jerk while defending a corporate (like you are totally doing and which by the way you call out others for) is not circle-jerking on point. 

P.S. -- Nobody wants you gone. But no one wants to be looked down upon for demanding a fair system. 

It wasn't directed at anyone here. It was a general comment on the entire reddit/downvoting situation. But for what it's worth, apologies.

3 minutes ago, adity said:

Anyways, I think it's best if I leave this thread for good. It's getting toxic for no reason. 

@Joe Cool no offense intended. This is just an issue which people are very passionate about, me included. 

I really don't care. Trash the thread all you want, just don't point me out when I counterpoint or share the positives. 

Not everyone wants things to fail or doesn't want to play. Many have played and enjoyed the first and we expect the same. Don't ruin it for others just because you don't enjoy it. 

I didn't post a single thing on Shadow of War thread after the game was released. Did I? No, because I didn't buy it or had any interest. I insist you and others do the same. Don't bother if you don't have any interest or have not played the game. People who have played or have an interest will cover it up. 

The constant bickering only leaves a sour taste. I don't even feel like visiting the thread I made. Thank you. QR3Lmht.png