Star Wars: Battlefront II

Heaven Angel

13 minutes ago, yash_495 said:

Is the multiplayer skill based or button smash? How many abilities do you have to manage?

Just like other shooters. High skill ceiling if you are new. My controller experience wasn't good as I'm pretty new to FPS with a controller. However, it does feel smooth and much better than traditional FPS as I can switch to the third person view on-fly. On PC it is much better and easy when compared. Sadly, the population can be an issue. Hopefully, the DLCs will keep PC alive since the last one lacked content. 

Each have 3 abilities outside standard shooting. Playing as hero feels damn good. kG6Jhr3.png

• Like 1

The fight is over already ? [mention=12588]Joe Cool[/mention] [mention=2150]sobbii[/mention] [mention=15675]adity[/mention]

[emoji852]️[emoji852]️[emoji852]️
we are on a break [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

So the AMA on reddit started more than 30 min ago but so far the devs have been MIA, remember it was their idea.

Meantime the story spread to BBC (another article)

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-41997252

And CNBC

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/15/wall-street-is-getting-worried-social-media-outrage-over-eas-star-wars-game-may-hurt-sales.html

They are but just too many comments. Best to check their direct accounts or wait for a final rundown from mod/user. 

So far:

Nothing is too late. As you've noticed, we weren't able to get the customization system into the game in time for launch. I'm actually having artists and designers walk up to me today showing me cosmetic stuff they really want to get out there. I think we have probably the best looking Clone Troopers ever made and I know players really want to customize them (I know I do). I can't really commit to a date just yet, but we're working on stuff and I believe it will change the game tremendeously on all levels.

Mainly through matchmaking. We take into account not only your gameplay skills, but also inventory and time played, when we match players together in multiplayer. You should not ever be matchmade together with players who are much better than you are. Ultimately your effectiveness is going to come down to skill, not the Star Cards that you have. If it doesn't feel that way, we'll see it on our side, too. Our data will tell that story and we'll make adjustments. We're looking at results from millions of matches and will be continuously rebalancing items, unlocks, and matchmaking to create a fair, fun experience for all of our players. Beyond that, all Star Cards have maximum values regardless of how they are unlocked.

I think this concern has come through loud and clear. We're going to continue adjusting the crate systems, content, and progression mechanics to hit a point that gives players a great, balanced experience at all skill levels. We're working on expanding the number of ways that players can progress, putting more control in their hands and providing more options and choice in the way people play. There's not much in the game that we wouldn't revisit to improve the game for as many players as possible.

We've already started to tweak our existing systems based on the data we've seen from our Play First Trial players as well as your feedback. The goal with star card class level requirements, initially, was to make you go wide in the type of cards you get before you go deep in specializing which ones you want to upgrade. That said, we're hearing loud and clear that you'd prefer a system where playing a class or a character specificially will upgrade its level instead, so we're looking to make that change as soon as possible.

8 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Yeah way too many comments, but reddit is surprisingly tame for a community that holds most downvote record. I was expecting fireworks :lol:

Only PR slip-up and it's all fireworks. 

2 minutes ago, adity said:

They could just have cosmetics in MTs and still earn billions but no, they had to go the extra mile to squeeze every bit of money they can. 

They would if they can, but they cannot. They don't own STAR WARS. It's Disney's decision on cosmetics and they like to keep it authentic without going too far. EA doesn't have CC over cosmetics. 

Well their CFO did say yesterday that they regret not putting this system in BF4, considering how popular the game still is. So just profit is not enough, its increasing that profit YoY every year. You can only dig so much before the well runs dry and you go looking for new areas to dig.

So remember the dude who claimed he got several death threats from angry fans? Turns out he actually may not be an EA employee at all WTF :lol:

https://kotaku.com/the-curious-case-of-the-ea-game-dev-who-said-he-receive-1820474458

Earlier this week, a man with “Game Dev @EA” in his Twitter profile wrote that he had received death threats from angry Star Wars Battlefront IIfans. His story was covered by news outlets like USA Today, the BBC, and Yahoo. Vice wrote an editorial about it, CNBC ran a headline about it, and the tweet was retweeted by hundreds of people. There’s just one lingering question: Does he actually work at Electronic Arts?

With around 5,000 followers on Twitter, BiggSean66 doesn’t have a particularly huge audience or platform, but when he tweeted Monday that he was “up to 7 death threats, and over 1600 individual personal attacks now,” he went viral. Gaming and mainstream outlets picked up his story, writing about how the outrage over Star Wars Battlefront II’s microtransactions led to gamers threatening BiggSean66’s life. Hundreds of developers and journalists also quoted him, sent sympathies, and talked about the incident on Twitter, condemning those who felt the need to sent death threats to BiggSean66.

Yet, after speaking to several current EA employees, cross-referencing his details with Linkedin and Facebook pages, and reaching out to BiggSean66, I’ve become convinced that he does not actually work for EA. In fact, since I sent him several messages yesterday and this morning, he has changed his Twitter profile to remove all mentions of EA.

EA says it also has not been able to confirm that BiggSean66 works for the company. This morning, the publisher sent me this statement: “We take threats against our employees very seriously. Our first concern is ensuring safety and support for our people, and since the reports first surfaced we’ve been investigating this internally. At this time, we’re not able to verify this individual’s claims of employment at EA, nor the threats made against him.”

Holy sh*t :rofl::rofl: 

Corporate apologism reaching new heights.

Loot Skywalker*

Darth Wallet* 

:giggle:

-----

Singleplayer is worth but wait for deep sale or subscription service like EA Access. Multiplayer is infected with MT's and as 90% of users here know it's a pay 2 win. 

Edited by Heaven Angel

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

So remember the dude who claimed he got several death threats from angry fans? Turns out he actually may not be an EA employee at all WTF :lol:

https://kotaku.com/the-curious-case-of-the-ea-game-dev-who-said-he-receive-1820474458

Holy sh*t :rofl::rofl: 

Corporate apologism reaching new heights.

Wtf :rofl::rofl: