Star Wars: Battlefront II

Heaven Angel

• 3 weeks later...

Star Wars Battlefront II – Release Notes - Patch 1.2

• First off, we’ve added additional locations to Custom Arcade: Kashyyyk, Hoth, Endor, Crait, Jakku, and Death Star II.
  • We’re also launching a new game mode - Jetpack Cargo! This fast-paced mode sees players jumping around in jetpacks wielding rocket launches for the entire round. This mode will only be available for a limited time so check for availability and make sure to jump in and give it a try.
  • Also for a limited time, we have added three new Hero Appearances to the game! Specifically, the Hoth Appearances for Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa, and Han Solo. You can preview them in their respective Character Customization screens under “Appearances”. They will be unlockable through a series of in-game Challenges that will be available over time. Stay tuned to our channels for more information.
  • This patch brings a lot of balance tweaks and bug fixes to Heroes, Classes, Locations, and Game Modes. A significant tweak has also been made to Dodging. And for fans of Arcade, we’ve made substantial improvements to the AI to make the experience more engaging.
  • Increased Credit payout for duplicate items
  1. Common – From 200 to 300
  2. Uncommon – From 400 to 600
  3. Rare – From 800 to 900
  4. Epic – From 1200 to 3600

rLYJRmw.png

Luke got the Blue Lightsaber. wyCdB9R.png

Saw the patch yesterday and booted the game. Progression still tied to lootboxes but at least they dropped the Trooper crate cost from 4000 to 3000. And I still get at least 2 dupes per crate so until they fix it (increasing dupes payout is not a fix) I won't waste credits on crates.

• 2 weeks later...

Starting today and continuing for the next two week you will find in-game challenges each weekend related to the Luke Hoth appearance. Completing all three challenges will unlock this appearance. 

dAViNPw.png

https://kotaku.com/after-the-loot-box-fury-the-people-behind-the-next-bat-1823475844

The people who make Battlefield, just like many other developers across the video game industry, have heard the loot box furor loudly and clearly. The next Battlefield’s microtransaction plans remain in flux, as they are in many games until close to release, but it’s unlikely they’ll inspire as much anger as Star Wars: Battlefront II’s did. That’ll be a theme: Based on conversations I’ve had with developers at a range of major studios lately, nobody wants their game to be remembered for its loot boxes.

“No one’s gonna do any pay-to-win stuff anymore,” one person close to the next Battlefield told me recently. “We didn’t take any of the loot box controversy lightly.”

I like how DICE themselves finally admit it was designed to be pay-to-win. All I can say is..

giphy.gif

20 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

https://kotaku.com/after-the-loot-box-fury-the-people-behind-the-next-bat-1823475844

I like how DICE themselves finally admit it was designed to be pay-to-win. All I can say is..

B-B-B-But pride and accomplishment? 

Do not know who was the bigger fool, the suits or the legion of defensive trolls who saw this as a totally fine move. 

• Like 1

I'm planning to get this game in some sale for PS4.
Mainly for some time pass MP. With all this loot boxes, iap & grinding. Will it be hard to start playing MP now ?

I dont wanna go out there, with no guns and skills and get my a*s whooped by people who have payed for em..

14 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

Mainly for some time pass MP. With all this loot boxes, iap & grinding. Will it be hard to start playing MP now ?

I dont wanna go out there, with no guns and skills and get my a*s whooped by people who have payed for em..

Get Rainbow 6 Siege at this point. This trainwreck is not worth spending your money on. 

34 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

There are no loot boxes since launch. They will be added in coming months but no info regarding it at the moment. The cards are super exaggerated as expected and they have tweaked the rewards and adjusted the cost of unlocking stuff. 

The grind is nothing out of special compared to other shooters out there like Battlefield. It's pretty much same and doesn't even take time. I'm sitting with 30-40k credits with nothing to spend on as most of the cards are nothing but trash and you only need selected ones. And with new challenges, you only get more and more. They have also adjusted the crate cost to make it even easier. 

I believe you already played the first Battlefront game. So you know how it is. You can jump in anytime and play. The game has issues but is one of the most casual and fun shooters out there. Looks fantastic, a lot of maps and modes, arcade and works very well together. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, silentassassin said:

Buy it if only on deep sale, game is fun at first but gets extremely repetitive later. If you just want it for casual timepass then go for it, but if you care about linear progression and skill based rewards then forget about it. If you want some early advantage, especially in Heroes vs Villains mode, grab the deluxe version with epic cards (unless you have moral issue against P2W mechanics).  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ALPHA17 said:

Overwatch then? 

7 hours ago, adity said:

Overwatch would be a better bet. It's as tense as you want it to be. Also, rocket league. Both of them are incredibly fun which are easy to learn but have a sky high skill ceiling. Get any of them. 

Playing Overwatch from release dat :).
Damn good game. Have played Rocket league as well

7 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

There are no loot boxes since launch. They will be added in coming months but no info regarding it at the moment. The cards are super exaggerated as expected and they have tweaked the rewards and adjusted the cost of unlocking stuff. 

The grind is nothing out of special compared to other shooters out there like Battlefield. It's pretty much same and doesn't even take time. I'm sitting with 30-40k credits with nothing to spend on as most of the cards are nothing but trash and you only need selected ones. And with new challenges, you only get more and more. They have also adjusted the crate cost to make it even easier. 

I believe you already played the first Battlefront game. So you know how it is. You can jump in anytime and play. The game has issues but is one of the most casual and fun shooters out there. Looks fantastic, a lot of maps and modes, arcade and works very well together. 

:good:

5 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Buy it if only on deep sale, game is fun at first but gets extremely repetitive later. If you just want it for casual timepass then go for it, but if you care about linear progression and skill based rewards then forget about it. If you want some early advantage, especially in Heroes vs Villains mode, grab the deluxe version with epic cards (unless you have moral issue against P2W mechanics).  

I enjoyed the previous game a lot, will get this for around 30 $if it comes on sale sometime..

16 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

I enjoyed the previous game a lot, will get this for around 30 $if it comes on sale sometime..

Think you missed it. It was on sale until yesterday. $23.99. 

Should be back on when new content pops out in few weeks. 

4 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

Really ? 

on PS4 ? Was it plus price ?

Yep. There was EA publisher sale going on. $42 sale. $24 for PS+ users. 

You can signup on PSPrices for discount/sale updates. Login -> search for the game -> select "email me when the price drops". xeRRYtv.png

Edited by Heaven Angel
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2018 at 11:59 PM, Joe Cool said:

Yep. There was EA publisher sale going on. $42 sale. $24 for PS+ users. 

You can signup on PSPrices for discount/sale updates. Login -> search for the game -> select "email me when the price drops". xeRRYtv.png

My Plus account is Indian :(
So, no wonder i dint see the 24 $ price on US store..

New progression system incoming

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/progression-update

1. Star cards no longer part of lootboxes.

2. Can buy/upgrade star cards using skill points you earn after leveling up (can finally upgrade to epic cards).

3. Paid crystals returning but can no longer buy lootboxes with them.

4. Paid crystals can be used to directly buy cosmetic items (no gambling like Overwatch)

5. More cosmetics incoming.

Took them a while but looks like its finally getting fixed and going above and beyond of what people expected.