Middle Earth: Shadow of War

WhiteWolf

2 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Why denuvo is even used still? 

Depends on which game uses them. There are titles which use Denuvo and still not been broken, for reasons unknown. It's currently the only *marginally* effective anti-tamper solution available to game developers/publishers. Just head out to the steam boards for any major releases and it will have at least 2-3 topics spawning around the inclusion of Denuvo. :P  

Game is turning out to be quite awesome, after you get the power to build your army in Act 2, the game actually has something unique to offer here. I started building my own army, recruiting new captains and maintaining them is not easy. You'll get betrayed, ambushed, cheated, fooled and whatnot. Very few will stay loyal to you depending on which difficulty you're playing. There's a lot to do than just finding collectives and all. 

Playing in offline mode so no MT's and PVP capturing fortresses. Didn't felt that game pushes you to buy loot boxes, apart from displaying it in pause menu. 

They'd have sold a lot more copies if they hadn't put these MT's BS in game. 

8 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Game is turning out to be quite awesome, after you get the power to build your army in Act 2, the game actually has something unique to offer here. I started building my own army, recruiting new captains and maintaining them is not easy. You'll get betrayed, ambushed, cheated, fooled and whatnot. Very few will stay loyal to you depending on which difficulty you're playing. There's a lot to do than just finding collectives and all. 

Playing in offline mode so no MT's and PVP capturing fortresses. Didn't felt that game pushes you to buy loot boxes, apart from displaying it in pause menu. 

They'd have sold a lot more copies if they hadn't put these MT's BS in game. 

Getting my ps4 copy today. Can't wait :D

I hope Platinum is easy :P

2 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Wtf.. that's crazy.

According to Power pyx 100% completion takes about 30-40 hours ( includes extra ending) which is not much for a massive open world game and he completed everything without touching any loot box. He is saying you find plenty of high level orcs running around in camps. 

So Mts reaction was overblown and totally unnecessary.  People jumping to conclusions without trying the game. Sad :(

I started playing the game yesterday on PC (duh). Optimization on freaking point. Controls are same as before but feel more polished and feel more natural. Graphics are average at best ( I have only completed the prologue ). Game makes use of TXAA and because of that everything appears too soft ( I hate this that's why I don't like to use TXAA ). Fxaa is not present but it still has the same jaggies as off. 4K non dynamic resolution there are still jaggies. To totally get rid of jaggies even at native 4k TXAA needs to be applied which makes everything unusually soft. 

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

According to Power pyx 100% completion takes about 30-40 hours ( includes extra ending) which is not much for a massive open world game and he completed everything without touching any loot box. He is saying you find plenty of high level orcs running around in camps. 

So Mts reaction was overblown and totally unnecessary.  People jumping to conclusions without trying the game. Sad :(

Yes he did, the only thing which is locked behind is that cinematic ending. Which isn't good either because WB shouldn't lock anything as we've paid them already. 

Yes I have few epic and one legendary orc in my army and that too without giving up too much time. I might post some shots later. 

1 hour ago, HEMAN said:

I started playing the game yesterday on PC (duh). Optimization on freaking point. Controls are same as before but feel more polished and feel more natural. Graphics are average at best ( I have only completed the prologue ). Game makes use of TXAA and because of that everything appears too soft ( I hate this that's why I don't like to use TXAA ). Fxaa is not present but it still has the same jaggies as off. 4K non dynamic resolution there are still jaggies. To totally get rid of jaggies even at native 4k TXAA needs to be applied which makes everything unusually soft. 

A friend in my list was trying to play at 4K with all setting at max but it was crashing up for him. I think the resolution rendering and 4K FXAA anti aliasing is bugged. Might get patched soon. 

1 hour ago, DinJo said:

Played for 2 hours usual grind bland world great nemesis system but I keep asking myself why I'm I playing this seems no motivation to go through the grind fest 

So...just like the first one then. mPyP4UF.gif

Just now, Joe Cool said:

So...just like the first one then. mPyP4UF.gif

yep. Find captain kill captain. Same old same old. Played for few hours. I take back what I said about graphics, they are great plus a lot of action keeps happening on the screen, unlimited amount of orcs to kill. 

35 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Same old? Things which was in mordor is in this one but there's much more awaiting after you're in the Act 2. 

Play the game first then give your views or atleast read the post of who are ahead of you in the game. 

DinJo hated the first one and he still bought second one when reviewers clearly said its bigger and better version of Mordor. If you not fan of Nemesis system and combat then don't buy it. 

Wait till Joe buys it just to sh*t on the game :P

Game is really good and way better than Mordor, I'm loving every moment of it.  

44 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Same old? Things which was in mordor is in this one but there's much more awaiting after you're in the Act 2. 

Play the game first then give your views or atleast read the post of who are ahead of you in the game. 

I meant the "find captain, kill captain" same old.