Middle Earth: Shadow of War

WhiteWolf

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

lol I stopped watching it though. It drags so much sometimes. As Shikamaru says, What a drag.

I would seriously suggest you continue.  It's a really good show.  Although I stopped watching it coz of fillers and moved to Manga.  Never went back to anime.

Edited by Kazekage Gaara

Guys, bought SoW Gold Edition in the last sale

I have a question.  Am at the very beginning of the game (Minas Ithil) and I want to know, should I start killing all those captains that are roaming in that city?  Or should I progress in the story first so I can convert them, etc?

Am a little confused at that part.  Right now, I have to go back to Shelob for getting more info about the Palantír.

10 minutes ago, Kazekage Gaara said:

Guys, bought SoW Gold Edition in the last sale

I have a question.  Am at the very beginning of the game (Minas Ithil) and I want to know, should I start killing all those captains that are roaming in that city?  Or should I progress in the story first so I can convert them, etc?

Am a little confused at that part.  Right now, I have to go back to Shelob for getting more info about the Palantír.

killing captains will grant you a better gear. and playing story unlocks skills that are bound to it, so keep a mix of both. conversion/recruiting doesn't happen until act 2.

Do not overdo captains killing else you will lose interest very soon.

Edited by Django_3101
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Django_3101 said:

killing captains will grant you a better gear. and playing story unlocks skills that are bound to it, so keep a mix of both. conversion/recruiting doesn't happen until act 2.

Do not overdo captains killing else you will lose interest very soon.

Haha, thanx.  I'll keep that in mind.  I have almost wiped out all captains in Minas Ithil :P  A few new ones have erupted back though :P

22 minutes ago, Django_3101 said:

may be focus only on legendary and epic ones to get good gear. I am 100% sure some other chindi captains will ambush you during those fights. 

Haha, yeah.  That happened to me when I just started fighting an Epic captain.  During that fight, I was actually fighting with three captains at once.  It really got me excited as I was finding the "Normal" difficulty to be too easy :P

I dont even target any captains just keep romaing around killing everything and anything that moves and every now and then someone goes " I blah blah blah" and then I decapitate him and watch the blood pour down. Muahahahaha  *cough*

13 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Don't worry. You will not lose your orcs in Social conquest mode. Social Conquest is risk free invasion mode.  You lose orcs if you take part in Ranked Conquest. Game will not  put you in ranked mode without your permission. 

And you should connect online. Loot boxes that you get from in-game currency are quite useful. I just got 2 Legendary orcs from there :D.  There's no harm in connecting to WB servers. Game randomly rewards you with loot boxes for completing online friend Vendetta mission and other community challenges. You lose nothing by connecting. Trust me. 

Sure, I'll try! I'm at Seregost now. 

I keep going back and forth on this game. There are times when everything clicks and it feels great but then the very next moment the game does the standard open world crap that is way past it's time in 2017. It's like there's a great game in here that's competing with a bog standard open world game and it really hurts the overall product. That said, I'm still having fun and I highly suggest not spending too much time in the opening area because the game really opens up after you unlock some of the abilities. Before then it's quite boring.

I'm playing the PC version with everything maxed at 1080p but somehow it doesn't look as good as I expected. The lighting looks flat the world geometry has this blocky feel to it. I'm sure all of this is by design because of the huge number of orcs it throws at you but man after 3 years I was hoping for a nice visual upgrade but it looks almost exactly like the first one. There's also something missing in the combat which I really liked in the first game. It feels floaty as hell with no impact. I like the abilities (Shadow Strike is always fun) but I wish there was better feedback on melee hits.

The less I say about the story the better because by now even Tolkien must have gotten tired of rolling in his grave. It's best to just treat it like fan faction and enjoy it in a :"so bad it's good" kind of way.

I'll still continue playing because the game has a very addictive loop that will keep you playing just for a "little bit more" when you decide to stop. Also from what I understand the whole fortress / siege element is the "real game" which means I need to push through the boring story quests to get there.

4 hours ago, sobbii said:

i am trying to play shadow of mordor again.. game looks great on pro.. couldnt really njoy the first time i played it.. lets see how it goes now..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

You will not like it...This is not your type of game.  Get Evil Within 2 or Wolfenstien 2

I'll still continue playing because the game has a very addictive loop that will keep you playing just for a "little bit more" when you decide to stop. Also from what I understand the whole fortress / siege element is the "real game" which means I need to push through the boring story quests to get there.

@Tyler

Yeah, im also trying to complete story quickly and get it out of the way.. Real game starts when story mode is completed and you have access to all powers and regions to build your Army.. Base building aspect of this game is very addictive.. Feels really good when your both Warchiefs are Epic and Overlord Legendary :D

Anyone playing on PS4? Add me and you will get Legendary Vendetta mission as i was killed by a legendary orc twice :|.

Edited by WhiteWolf

@Tyler

Yeah, im also trying to complete story quickly and get it out of the way.. Real game starts when story mode is completed and you have access to all powers and regions to build your Army.. Base building aspect of this game is very addictive.. Feels really good when your both Warchiefs are Epic and Overlord Legendary [emoji3]

Anyone playing on PS4? Add me and you will get Legendary Vendetta mission as i was killed by a legendary orc twice :|.

main toh prequel ki baat kar raha hu.. will buy everything on sale now.. all sp games black friday coming up.. may be will buy on xbox x ;)

First game bhi tujhey pasand nahi ayega bhai. Tu story wagera dhundega game mein aur bc game hai Orcs army building simulator :lol:

Don't think you like base/army building type games. You are more into story stuff?

Agar tere paas PC hota toh tu bhi Dinjo ki tarah try karleta game lene se pehley :P

may be will buy on xbox x

Surprised-Koala.jpg

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Like 1

First game bhi tujhey pasand nahi ayega bhai. Tu story wagera dhundega game mein aur bc game hai Orcs army building simulator [emoji38]

Don't think you like base/army building type games. You are more into story stuff?

Agar tere paas PC hota toh tu bhi Dinjo ki tarah try karleta game lene se pehley [emoji14]

may be will buy on xbox x

Surprised-Koala.jpg

heaven bohot tariff kar raha hai yaar so its got me to play first one again as everyone says its more of the same.. [emoji14]
i will say i wasnt as free as i am right now when mordor released first never played it properly just like how giving time to witcher 3 changed my opinion about it same may happen here.. being open minded and also know not every game is witcher so lets see..

30k ka x hai nephew corrupted my fat ps3s hdd today so thinking will send original xdabba for him..

3 hours ago, sobbii said:

:rofl: free hi hai in a way emoji14.png

Adity ki sunn, usko zyaada maalum hai :P

If you are getting One X then you should wait till 7th and then buy Mordor, ACO nd all coz all multiplatform games guaranteed to look and run much better on Xbox One X. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

Seems Shadow Of War didn't have the opening WB expected of it.

The FIFA 18 juggernaut holds off Shadow of War to keep top spot

Here's the UK Top Ten for the week ending October 14th (data courtesy of GfK/Ukie):

1. FIFA 18 (EA)
  2. Middle-earth: Shadow of War (Warner Bros) - NEW
  3. The Evil Within 2 (Bethesda) - NEW
  4. Forza Motorsport 7 (Microsoft) - drop 63% down. 
  5. Forza Horizon 3 (Microsoft)
  6. Destiny 2 (Activision)
  7. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
  8. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (Activision)
  9. Lego Worlds (Warner Bros)
  10. The Lego Ninjago Movie Videogame (Warner Bros)

400k sold on Steam but Joe as expected decided to post retail UK Sales only.  Most audience even on consoles buy games digitally. Retail sales will continue to go down as time goes on.. These consoles are digital box and complete useless without internet. 

I have over 200 friends on both Xbox and PS and everyone of them buy games digitally now.

Sobbii 

You bought Destiny digitally or retail?