Middle Earth: Shadow of War

PS Fan

6 hours ago, sobbii said:

lols thats a good one probably the one best trailer for shadow of war..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Bahut funny game hai ye. Some orcs are very funny, especially Olags. 

Story dialogues are meh, super serious but  randomly generated dialogues by orcs are hilarious ?.  

Edited by WhiteWolf

12 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

These washed out textures feels like 360 vs xbox one  :lol:

No matter what MS says that its a midgen upgrade,visually it does look like nextgen.

Smart move to go with the 12 gb ram.

Yes 12 gb really helping One X here. 

Xbox one x is using PC Ultra settings textures according to DF and supports 3 resolution mode like TR - Native 4k, Enriched 4k and dynamic 4k and in all modes texture resolution is same as PC. 

Pro version uses base PS4 textures and It runs  at Max 1620p with PS4 graphics settings. Pro can't handle Ultra textures coz ram is same as base PS4. 

And it's a mid gen upgrade coz of cpu. CPU is still same weak a*s jaguar. 60fps still not possible in all games.  One X enhances graphics, load times and offer stable frame rate compared to base machine but it's not a true next gen machine. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

Yes 12 gb really helping One X here. 

Xbox one x is using PC Ultra settings textures according to DF and supports 3 resolution mode like TR - Native 4k, Enriched 4k and dynamic 4k and in all modes texture resolution is same as PC. 

Pro version uses base PS4 textures and It runs  at Max 1620p with PS4 graphics settings. Pro can't handle Ultra textures coz ram is same as base PS4. 

And it's a mid gen upgrade coz of cpu. CPU is still same weak a*s jaguar. 60fps still not possible in all games.  One X enhances graphics, load times and offer stable frame rate compared to base machine but it's not a true next gen machine. 
i dont think there will be more 60fps games.. the push will always be about 4k.. ms has said its upto the devs how to use the resources because they know giving 60fps compulsion devs might affect the visual fidelity.. that atleast what i think..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Django_3101 said:

Betrayers always get Iron Will, so they cannot be recruited back. At least, I never have been able to recruit them back. So, I shamed them, found them again, shamed them again and then killed them :P

That's a long process, if they betrays me I just don't give them a second chance. Unless they cheat death :/ 

Which 2 of them did, the legendary and epic one. Good loot though if I kill them but they adapt everytime :/ 

Anyone unlocked Blood brother trophy?  I was about to get it but at very last moment my dominated orc betrayed and killed me instead :rant:

Django 

You can remove iron will by shaming them multiple times using Worse than death skill. But there's a risk of turning them into maniac, then they become more powerful than even Warchief.

Edited by WhiteWolf

Just now, WhiteWolf said:

Anyone unlocked Blood brother trophy?  I was about to get it but at very last moment my dominated orc betrayed and killed me instead :rant:

Try again, it's easy. I got Overkill and Blood brother at the same time ;) 

Just now, Heaven Angel said:

Try again, it's easy. I got Overkill and Blood brother at the same time ;) 

No more BB in the region I'm in right now and In other regions every captain is my recruit. Total control in other regions. Killing my orcs is not possible coz all of them are either Epic or Legendary.. :D

5 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

No more BB in the region I'm in right now and In other regions every captain is my recruit. Total control in other regions. Killing my orcs is not possible coz all of them are either Epic or Legendary.. :D

Lol what, no way! how come everybody is epic and legendary. The game throws few at you but not that much, lol 

Which region you're in right now? 

51 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

I was about to get it but at very last moment my dominated orc betrayed and killed me instead :rant:

Django 

You can remove iron will by shaming them multiple times using Worse than death skill. But there's a risk of turning them into maniac, then they become more powerful than even Warchief.

Same thing is happening to me. I am this close to dominate a blood brother, something or the other happens and he dies :lol:

shaming them completely deranges an orc and he starts blabbering. I get what you are saying as you might have completed the Uruz, the chopper quests.

What did you do to him?

2 hours ago, Django_3101 said:

Same thing is happening to me. I am this close to dominate a blood brother, something or the other happens and he dies :lol:

shaming them completely deranges an orc and he starts blabbering. I get what you are saying as you might have completed the Uruz, the chopper quests.

Hide contents

What did you do to him?

I recruited him after destroying his mind coz he is my favourite character in the game. 

3 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Lol what, no way! how come everybody is epic and legendary. The game throws few at you but not that much, lol 

Which region you're in right now? 

Not all are legendary and Epic. :P

I have 5 Legendary orcs and around 6 to 7 Epic in each region except Gorogorth.  I bought few loot boxes using ingame currency and 3 from Gold boxes using gold that I got from completing community challenges and Dailies.

I have 10  more Epic orcs and 4 Legendary orcs in market ready to deploy.  You don't take part in any

online sh*t I guess? 

Completing Conquest also gives you gold box sometimes.  Will farm Conquest after completing act 3 :P

Edited by WhiteWolf

43 minutes ago, pbpoovannagamer said:

does this game get repeatitive?

Yes, if you ignore the campaign; it does get repetitive.

Act 1: basically fighting orcs, captains

Act 2: you get power to dominate orcs so that you can build your army. You capture forts and assign overlords from your army( there are 4 or 5 forts and it is doing the same thing over and over again.

Act 3: campaign mission(s). Once you finish the story, I think all you are left with is protecting your fortresses

Act 4: Shadow wars - same thing to protect your fortresses from being captured. I am not bothering with this

Apart from this there are online nemesis(where you take revenge for other players who were killed by captains) and online fort capture(where you capture fort of other players). Online nemesis grants you a legendary item and gold loot box

last 2 forts force you to redeem loot boxes from market(as you cannot assign warchiefs from your army anymore). you open a lootbox, select orc and drop in your army, select that orc and assign him as warchief.  Doesn't apply to all warchiefs but if a fort has slot for 4 warchiefs, you are forced to go to market for 2 warchiefs. I experienced this in last 2 forts.

I have also heard that you cannot dominate captains who are level 50 plus as they have iron will. I think this is the factor that leads to grinding loot boxes to reveal the true ending. Again, please don't make any decision on that as I just read or heard from other people and haven't personally seen it in game. I have finished the campaign at level 38 and after 30 hours. I am not gonna bother with my fortress being captured again or "true ending"( is a cut scene, I can watch on youtube)

The most annoying repetitive thing in this game is the commentary that captains/warchiefs give you when you are in a combat. Imagine an area, where there are 3 captains - you are in the middle of a fight, captains sees you; commentary starts; go on with the fight; another captain sees you; another commentary. Just pray that you are not ambushed/betrayed by another captain(s) as they all will give their own commentary.

I got to fight with 6 captains at one time and 6 cutscenes in the middle of a fight in intervals of 6 seconds is not pleasing

Edited by Django_3101
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Django_3101 said:

The most annoying repetitive thing in this game is the commentary that captains/warchiefs give you when you are in a combat. Imagine an area, where there are 3 captains - you are in the middle of a fight, captains sees you; commentary starts; go on with the fight; another captain sees you; another commentary. Just pray that you are not ambushed/betrayed by another captain(s) as they all will give their own commentary.

I got to fight with 6 captains at one time and 6 cutscenes in the middle of a fight in intervals of 6 seconds is not pleasing

lol i thought this i was the main draw of the game !!! :D

Django 

Not all level 50+ are iron will.You can recruit some of them.

And it's easier to attack Fortress than defend. If u lose your Fort then you can easily get it back and it will count as stage cleared. 

Great article on Shadow wars by Rps 

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/10/09/do-you-need-loot-boxes-to-complete-shadow-of-wars-final-act/