Mobile gaming - Reviews and recommendations

Aftrunner

Try Homeworld.

You would not get the same Red Alert like RTS's anymore these days, primarily because everyone wants to focus on MOBA's.

Alternately you can look up the Dawn of War and Company of Heroes franchises as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Played these while travelling. 

Klocki - very nice, clean, and simple puzzle. Very smooth mechanics. No menus or achievements or anything. Click the icon and puzzle starts.

Monument Valley 1 & 2. A Sheer amount of quality with great music. Surprised no one mentioned this. Fantastic game.

Roll the Ball - good slide puzzle. A lot of levels. Has ad at the bottom which can be blocked by playing in offline mode.

Good Knight Story - fun to play matching tiles, turn-based puzzle action. Surprisingly good, well polished and has a lot of content to look forward. Requires your attention and strategy.

Bowmasters - excellent fun archery game. Cool characters to unlock and different modes. Has multiplayer too. 

Should be available on Android too. Klocki was free app of the week on iTunes store. Monument Valley is paid and rest are free to play. 

• 2 weeks later...

Framed and Framed 2. Thank me later

Fire Emblem Heroes for the sheer amount of content for an F2P mobile game. And if you like the gameplay you should buy a 3DS for these games, entirely different experience. Its not on Indian Play store or AppStore so you may need to get the APK or switch region on Appstore.

Reigns is another good one.

Geometry Dash for a fast pace platformer.

Lifeline series is decent. Real time thriller kind of stuff.

Room series for puzzles although they're quite expensive.

Score and Score Hero for any footie fan. Also New Star Soccer (its on steam too).

One More Run for cricket fans, completely different game. Our very own TAG was behind it :D

Horizon Chase for racing. 

Couple of really old games but try if you haven't : Blueprint 3D, Flight Control, Monkey Flight,

Edited by Rashmeet

• 5 months later...

Played a bit of Monument valley after picking it up on sale a week or two back.

Its alright. I mean its a decent game but I dont get why everyone thought it was the greatest thing ever. Even on mobile I have played better games. 

Its not even that original. Its the same concept as Echochrome on the PSP, just done "indie artiste" style. Is it the same studio?

You are playing it 3 years late. Perhaps that's why? It was visually groundbreaking for 2014 and plays very well. The OST, presentation, experience, design, and visuals are alone worth it. The gameplay is rather simple and short. 

25 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

You are playing it 3 years late. Perhaps that's why? It was visually groundbreaking for 2014 and plays very well. The OST, presentation, experience, design, and visuals are alone worth it. The gameplay is rather simple and short. 

Its the same concept as Echochrome. If anything I was 6 years early to that game. :P

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...