Destiny 2

Tyler

8 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

there is no need for 'feel'

PC is objectively the best platform to play this game

no need for $60/year payment for privelege of multiplayer,better graphics,60 FPS,KB/M support.

I agree but it's hard to give sense to someone who one moment says consoles are better than PC's and other moment says it's a 1500$ PC can't be compared with a 400$ console. :cry:

4 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

So whatever the optimization you are seeing is all from Bungie. 

Is Bungie even responsible for the PC version of the game? Thought it was outsourced. 

1 hour ago, ALPHA17 said:

Is Bungie even responsible for the PC version of the game? Thought it was outsourced. 

My bad. It seems like Vicarious Visions is working on PC version along with High Moon Studios.

Both owned by Activision. obXziRE.png

5 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

PC version is best choice coz not only it's superior but will also get hacked quickly. So u will not have to grind much. 

The game is on Blizzard client which is not really filled with hackers. It has seen hackers than on a console. 

Not sure where you got that idea. 

2 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

It's so bad that the battle.net, origin games is not compatible with gamercards. :( 

At the moment Blizzard offers achievement APIs only for two of their games - World of Warcraft and StarCraft II and both of them are added to Exophase. They are working on HoTS & Overwatch.

I guess eventually Blizzard will add support for all their games and will be added to Exophase. 

Origin games already work well with Exophase gamercards. 

Edited by Heaven Angel

I am not saying that consoles are better but I seriously doubt that a PC built at ps4 price will outperform ps4. Seriously, cheapest ps4 bundle is 28k with 3 games. I don't think you can build a PC for that price.

Anyways, I don't get this stupid discussion which happens every time. Consoles and PCs both fulfill a specific niche and the market needs both of them. PCs will always run games objectively better than consoles.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Ignore him, he is just salty about console gaming.

35 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

At the moment Blizzard offers achievement APIs only for two of their games - World of Warcraft and StarCraft II and both of them are added to Exophase. They are working on HoTS & Overwatch.

I guess eventually Blizzard will add support for all their games and will be added to Exophase. 

Origin games already work well with Exophase gamercards. 

Blizzard should work faster for the games like Overwatch and Upcoming D2. Is it too hard for them to sync it? it's just few days work I guess. 

also Origin works on Exophase. Let me check if I can link. 

I am a Destiny noob and I have tried both the console and the PC beta.

Is it just me or the guns in the PC beta are quite easy to control? The feedback from unloading the guns on enemies feels very different on PC than on the console. I cannot put my finger on what it is ... maybe the heft of shooting the gun is missing or the guns may not have much of any recoil. 

I can regularly pop head shots in the PC beta whereas with the controller it was not so easy and head shots in that felt quite satisfying. This was more apparent during the final boss of the strike where I admit I struggled quite a bit on the console beta but on PC I got through on the first attempt without breaking any sweat.

Agreed that the higher resolution and unlocked framerates puts the PC version in a different ballpark altogether but if it makes the game easier on PC, then the very act of grinding would get boring eventually. 

Edited by R3D_D3ViL

12 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

I am a Destiny noob and I have tried both the console and the PC beta.

Is it just me or the guns in the PC beta are quite easy to control? The feedback from unloading the guns on enemies feels very different on PC than on the console. I cannot put my finger on what it is ... maybe the heft of shooting the gun is missing or the guns may not have much of any recoil. 

I can regularly pop head shots in the PC beta whereas with the controller it was not so easy and head shots in that felt quite satisfying. This was more apparent during the final boss of the strike where I admit I struggled quite a bit on the console beta but on PC I got through on the first attempt without breaking any sweat.

Agreed that the higher resolution and unlocked framerates puts the PC version in a different ballpark altogether but if it makes the game easier on PC, then the very act of grinding would get boring eventually. 

K/M has always been the best for shooter games, you'll have much better accuracy with k/m than on controllers which has strong aim assists. Yes in PVE the enemies might become easier compared on what you played on PS4 but they aren't that easy. I guess bungie will buff the enemies on PC. Also, you can always use a controller on PC if you want. This is what I like about PC that you have a freedom of choice here. 

On PVP that's the whole different situation, you'll be facing enemies which are far better than you can perform on PVE with k/m. See if you can break a sweat there. 

37 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

K/M has always been the best for shooter games, you'll have much better accuracy with k/m than on controllers which has strong aim assists. Yes in PVE the enemies might become easier compared on what you played on PS4 but they aren't that easy. I guess bungie will buff the enemies on PC. Also, you can always use a controller on PC if you want. This is what I like about PC that you have a freedom of choice here. 

On PVP that's the whole different situation, you'll be facing enemies which are far better than you can perform on PVE with k/m. See if you can break a sweat there. 

Didn't play Crucible, the PvP in Destiny is not my thing but I can see the K/M precision fostering the competitiveness as only skill would matter.

Surely Bungie can make changes after the beta and buffing enemies might be one of them. But then it will just be a band aid on the issue as one will be taking down enemies especially in bigger engagements by attrition i.e. how much damage you can do on inflated health pool. No skill involved.

i hope they can come out with some sort of overall balance as to how it plays on PC such that the PvE content can be appropriately challenging throughout.

On another note: Cross platform saves should definitely be a thing as it will help a lot of people with purchase decision but then Sony might not play ball due to all the exclusive thing going on.

3 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Definitely, can corroborate you on the recoil factor. 

The strike was a walk in the park. Played a bit of Crucible as well. The hit detection and networking of this game are like BattleField 4 on launch level bad. 

48 minutes ago, ALPHA17 said:

Definitely, can corroborate you on the recoil factor. 

The strike was a walk in the park. Played a bit of Crucible as well. The hit detection and networking of this game are like BattleField 4 on launch level bad. 

And I think this is going to be unchanged in the final release as well. Recoil on PC does not gel well with mouse movement.

Did not notice any hit detection problem. You found it while aiming down the sights as well?

Yeah! Shots would miss completely on certain occasions and other times when I had moved into cover behind a wall I would blow up although that could also be the weird sticky grenades that are in the game. 

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Destiny 2 Beyond Light
  • KnackChap changed the title to Destiny 2