Destiny 2

Tyler

Updated with Year 4 content - BEYOND LIGHT

EmTxdl0VkAgYAnm.png

GO BEYOND THE LIGHT

The frontier of Europa holds many lost secrets from the past, including the dark power of Stasis. Work with the mysterious Exo Stranger to harness this new power before Eramis, the Kell of Darkness, bestows it on her Fallen forces. Grow your arsenal, command Stasis, and go beyond the Light.

EMBRACE DARKNESS

Cold, dark and alluring – the power of Stasis beckons you. Command this new elemental power with brand new Guardian sub-classes. Control the fight, seize your enemies in any icy grip, and shatter them where they stand.

EUROPA AWAITS

The splintered houses of the Fallen have rallied and built their new Empire on the icy moon of Europa. Brave the unrelenting glacial frontier, infiltrate the Golden Age Braytech facility, and uncover the secrets that lie deep under the ancient ice.

UPGRADE YOUR ARSENAL

There are those who believe Europa is nothing more than a frozen Golden Age graveyard, its treasures long ago swallowed by ice and darkness. You know better. Discover countless relics, an arsenal of weapons, and dare to tame the wasteland

A NEW ERA OF DARKNESS

It's time to look at where you've been and to understand where your road leads. As your journey continues, you will carry the Light into the Darkness and see how much farther there is to go. Eyes up, Guardian – Darkness is here, and a new era is nigh.

DEEP STONE CRYPT

Below the frozen tundra of Europa lies the Deep Stone Crypt. For decades it has remained dormant. Your fireteam cautiously approaches, weapons raised, and the final plan is set in motion.

RELEASE DATE - NOVEMBER 10

It's time to look at where you've been and to understand where your road leads. As your journey continues, you will carry the Light into the Darkness and see how much farther there is to go. Eyes up, Guardian – Darkness is here, and a new era is nigh."

• Like 2

Will they add matchmaking for Raids this time? Lol

Probably not. No matchmaking for Raids is a conscious decision. Raids are complex and can take a long time (at least when they're new) so the last thing you'd want is randoms acting stupid or dropping out.

I hope folks on my PC friends list pick this up. It'll be glorious!

Destiny was such a grind fest that I couldn't continue playing it after the 1st dlc. All that grinding for light equipments was just....too much.

I hope they listen to destiny 1 players feedback. It will improve the gameplay... like... 10000 times.

Edited by kaka_messi

Judging from the tone of the trailer, loot is still going to be the main draw. But yeah they could probably reduce the grind. Sometimes I blame the community as well. There's always a new meta with each update and everyone makes a beeline for certain gear and the whole thing comes off as way too grindy. When in fact one could play the game normally every week, get good rewards steadily AND still have fun.

I never really got into the whole meta thing in the first game. I really liked the gameplay so I simply played normally without actively grinding for anything and it was a blast. Kept making steady progress as well.

Edited by Tyler

Probably not. No matchmaking for Raids is a conscious decision. Raids are complex and can take a long time (at least when they're new) so the last thing you'd want is randoms acting stupid or dropping out.

If you don't have friends who play Destiny then what? Beg people on LFG sites to help in Raids?

I have completed all Incursion in Division on challenging difficulty via matchmaking only. Incursion are also very challenging and require lot of coordination and communication on challenging difficulty .

Edited by WhiteWolf

Judging from the tone of the trailer, loot is still going to be the main draw. But yeah they could probably reduce the grind. Sometimes I blame the community as well. There's always a new meta with each update and everyone makes a beeline for certain gear and the whole thing comes off as way too grindy. When in fact one could play the game normally every week, get good rewards steadily AND still have fun.

I never really got into the whole meta thing in the first game. I really liked the gameplay so I simply played normally without actively grinding for anything and it was a blast. Kept making steady progress as well.

Game was awesome. I loved the settings, guns, and those dance moves. :lol:

If you don't have friends who play Destiny then what? Beg people on LFG sites to help in Raids?

I have completed all Incursion in Division on challenging difficulty via matchmaking only. Incursion are also very challenging and require lot of coordination and communication on challenging difficulty .

There's a day/night difference between Division's Incursions and Destiny's Raids. Raids can take hours to complete and are far more complex. A single raid is like all of Division's Incursions put together and joined by stuff like platforming and fights.

Also, I'm not sure how much experience you have with LFG sites but they work and you can find decent and helpful groups. It's not begging at all. There are thousands of players who don't have regular groups to play with. The internet is not always a dark sh*thole that we think.

• Like 1

The thing is Bungie isn't doing the work of porting the game to PC...It's Vicarious Visions. Now, they are famous for Skylanders Franchise but Destiny is an ambitious project. So just have to wait and see how the port turns out.

The thing is Bungie isn't doing the work of porting the game to PC...It's Vicarious Visions. Now, they are famous for Skylanders Franchise but Destiny is an ambitious project. So just have to wait and see how the port turns out.

True. There's going to be tremendous pressure there. The thing is they simply have no alternative here, the port has to be good. This isn't an SP game where you'd release a crap port and then forget about it because it's not worth investing further in. This is a game Bungie needs to keep alive until Destiny 3 hits, so I'm sure they'll have to work closely. Also I'm expecting a large player base on PC - including folks who will be migrating (like me).

Steam?

No info yet on how it's going to be distributed on the PC. But considering it's an Activision published game and unlike Blizzard, Bungie doesn't have it's own platform, Steam is definitely a possibility.

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Destiny 2 Beyond Light
  • KnackChap changed the title to Destiny 2