PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

PoeToaster

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

By 2020 we'll get to play exclusive games which are announced this year's Sony E3 conference. :bigyellowgrin:

What was announced this year?

Answer : Nothing.

Tubelight :rofl:  

PUBG becomes biggest game on Steam with over 1.3m CCU.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJ2TEQ0WkAA1vRj.jpg

Beats Dota 2 peak numbers 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJ1axF-XoAA1R1Z.jpg

Valve is making some real money from PUBG.  They take 30% cut on every sale.  

Edited by WhiteWolf

PUBG dev Bluehole concerned over Fortnite's Battle Royale

BLUEHOLE INC. - CREATORS OF PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS - RESPONDS TO COMMUNITY CONCERN SURROUNDING FORTNITE’S BATTLE ROYALE MODE

Bluehole, Inc., developers of PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG), the first standalone Battle Royale survival shooter game, responded today to growing concerns regarding the similarities between the battle royale mode in Epic Games’ newly revealed Fortnite and PUBG.

“We’ve had an ongoing relationship with Epic Games throughout PUBG’s development as they are the creators of UE4, the engine we licensed for the game,” said Chang Han Kim, Vice President and Executive Producer for Bluehole, Inc. “After listening to the growing feedback from our community and reviewing the gameplay for ourselves, we are concerned that Fortnite may be replicating the experience for which PUBG is known.”

The development team for PUBG has no relationship to Fortnite’s development as concerns around User Interface (UI), gameplay and structural replication in the battle royale mode exist.

“We have also noticed that Epic Games references PUBG in the promotion of Fortnite to their community and in communications with the press,” Chang Han Kim continues. “This was never discussed with us and we don’t feel that it’s right.”

With its release on March 23, 2017, PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS is a last man standing shooter that drops players on a realistic 8 x 8 km island where they start with nothing in an ever diminishing field of play. Gamers must fight to locate weapons, vehicles and supplies as they strive to be the lone survivor.

In a recent Reddit AMA (e.g. Ask Me Anything) session, Brendan Greene (aka PLAYERUKNOWN) was asked about other companies replicating the Battle Royale experience:

“Other companies will, of course, enter the marketplace, but I would just hope they put their own spin on the game mode and not just make a carbon copy!”

Chang Han Kim closed, “The PUBG community has and continues to provide evidence of the many similarities as we contemplate further action.

WTF

BattleROYALE/King of the Hill mode invented by PUBG devs or what?  How can they file law suit against Epic when themselves copy it from Hunger games, H1Z1 nd all?  id should file lawsuit on every game with Death Match now and Epic should file lawsuit against every game with Horde mode style multiplayer mode lol

BC success ne deemag kharab kardiya hai Blue hole ka.

Fortnite Battleroyale mode is quite different coz it uses all crazy over the top Fortnite weapons with building and crafting mechanic of the game...People can create fortification and traps to protect themselves against other players. It's very different from PUBG. I don't think they even tried it. Only similarity is the last man standing mode and 100 players that's it...Last man standing mode is not invented by PUBG devs.

here

NEKYX1n.gif

grk2PkL.gif

BwX6NCa.gif

It's not a exact clone of PUBG

I agree with this comment

The hypocrisy is amazing. From a game built off the backs of others, to being concerned about a game being inspired by them.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=249729288&postcount=851

Can't wait for Blizzard to create PUBG style game and show Blue Hole who is the boss.   Iam sure RDR 2 will have 10 times bigger version this mode...Rockstar already fan of this mode. PUBG can't stay on top for long with such attitude. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

Nothing is going to happen, chill.

They are just being belligerent here and will look like a laughing stock if this gets to court as they didn't create the Battle Royal genre, and even if they did, they don't have the right to do that. 

Bluehole has no case and they are going to need a lot more than crates to compete against EPIC & Tencent in court. HZL94oS.gif

Pretty stupid to even think about filing a case against a company that licensed their game engine. 

• Like 1

What PUBG uses Unreal 4? It looks really ugly for a UE4 game. :lol:

After this iam not interested in trying PUBG even on Xbox.. Don't wan to support devs with such attitude towards other devs creating BR mode . I will stick with GTA Online Motor Wars and Fortnite BR mode to get my BR Fix :P

But Nintendo didn't invent platformer genre :/

While you cant sue for ripoffs , there are some cases where certain mechanics and gameplay modes will need licensing from the original creator. 

Also Bluehole is pretty dumb for making this such a big deal , nobody really even cared about fortnite and they are giving them way more publicity lmao.

And yea pretty rich of pubg devs to sue others , when the concept was originally from the Battle Roylae Manga which later became the movie. These items are also referenced in pubg.

Edited by Shadoken

On 9/23/2017 at 2:39 AM, adity said:

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not what I was referring to. but pubg doesnt really have any original mechanic.

Check this out

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/patented-game-mechanics-that-might-surprise-you/1100-6369027/

Edited by Shadoken

80 hours in and I never died to the red bombing zone. Never even come close.

Playing duos with a friend, we go in to loot a couple of guys I killed, both get murdered by one artillery hit. We were geared to the hilt as well. Silencer, scopes the works. Coulda definitely been a chicken dinner. 

f**king troll a*s game. :lol:

Edited by Aftrunner

20 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

80 hours in and I never died to the red bombing zone. Never even come close.

Playing duos with a friend, we go in to loot a couple of guys I killed, both get murdered by one artillery hit. We were geared to the hilt as well. Silencer, scopes the works. Coulda definitely been a chicken dinner. 

f**king troll a*s game. :lol:

Yea you have to be alert and careful every corner. Played a match with 4 team players where we were just hiding in white zone and waiting for everybody kills each other, after only 8 were left we started searching for the players with our 8x/12x scopes but after few minutes they all came behind us one by one and killed us with pans, it was f**king hilarious. :rofl: