PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

PoeToaster

Just now, Joe Cool said:

Surely. Spent so many hours watching it on Twitch. Live stream + chad = so good. PQYkR9E.png

Well i wanted it to buy it for PC but you said it will run like sh*t on my gtx 760 plus no controller support on PC :(

And base Xbox version is really bad compared to X version. Atleast X version gets better in fps when you are on ground, but base version remains under 20 all the time plus looks super ugly.  I asked few of my friends on  Xbox and they all said not to buy  if you don't have One X

That and I am pretty sure its controller supported on the PC. I get buttons prompts if I leave my controller plugged in.

But yeah, wanting to play this on the PC with a gamepad is just hilarious. I dont even wanna play the console version with a controller. 

7 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Top PC websites(PC gamer,Wired, PC world nd all) tried building PC equivalent to X1 and all failed multiple times. Price was going above $700 even when they were using 2nd hand PC parts lol.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3200767/gaming/xbox-one-x-pc-build.html

https://www.windowscentral.com/struggle-build-4k-gaming-pc-price-xbox-one-x

Right now it's impossible to match X specs and features at 500$. If you think you can build it then show it.

That wasn't the point I was even trying to make. I was referring specifically to PUBG which is way more CPU intensive than other games. 

I will tell you this, the game is loads of fun to play and hopefully will only get better on consoles with time. I have had more fun playing this in the two days that I have owned it than playing some of the other big name MP games that dropped this past year.

Some of the issues that make this an annoying experience on the Xbox One (X in my case):

• Frame rate is all over the place. This has been well documented by DF and it is actually worse at times than shown in the video.
  • Texture pop in and abysmal draw distance doesn't help at all. When in game, foliage starts to  look like a player and a player starts looking like foliage then you have a real problem.
  • The input lag is real and noticeably worse than any other shooter I have ever played on a console. This can be slightly mitigated by tweaking the deadzone setting.
  • Using the controller to manage the inventory system is not great and takes longer than what it would on a keyboard+mouse setup (speculation on my part).
  • The game is at it's worst performance wise, when you are driving around in a car. There were several occasions where we had to stop because it was causing nausea to a squad mate. You can simply forget about shooting out of a moving car.
  • The game looks like turd, so ugly. The water especially, looks like a black film. This is worse than some of the pre-alpha builds of some games I have tested in the past few years.

Even with all the above listed annoyances, the game is loads of fun to play. Haven't laughed so hard and got so pissed while playing a game in a long time.

This game is meant to be played with a squad of friends for sure. But to all the xbox owners on here,  DO NOT squad up with @triggr happy ss. I won't go into the hilarious details as to why :lol:

I still feel that the game is not worth 30$ for what it offers in terms of content and the utter lack of any polish whatsoever. But hopefully with incremental game updates and enough hours into the game, the 30$ should start feeling like a bargain.

Edited by L33TWiZaRd
More Typos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

^^Well, there is a reason it's released as "Game Preview" game and not full final game. They are fully aware that game has lot of issues.

Read the last bit of my post, I am fully aware that it is game preview and not a final release.

That being said, the game as it stands on date doesn't warrant the price of 30$.

1M+ crossed. Game is not bundled with Xbox One X till year end. 

PUBGConsoleHERO-hero-hero.jpg

Today, in celebration of PUBG coming to the hottest console of the season, we’re excited to announce a special holiday promotion where every Xbox One X purchase will come with a copy of PUBG! That means you can join in on gaming’s biggest phenomenon and jump right into the ultimate battle royale experience on Xbox One. The promotion is available in select regions for a limited time, starting Dec. 17 through Dec. 31. For more information, please check with your local retailer, including your local Microsoft Store, whether you’re shopping in a physical store, online or through your Xbox device.

7 hours ago, Shadoken said:

Why would they put "Over 16 million PC units" sold on an Xbox cover? Thats just so weird lmao. Never seen that in a game cover.

They have regularly been caught at E3 running their 'previews' on PC hardware, this just comes full circle. :P

• Haha 1

Just now, Star Lord said:

Why are there so many negative reviews all of a sudden on Steam? I was thinking to buy it.

Apparently had a cheating issue in October which spiked it. 

Rest is the usual thing about Early Access title being an unpolished piece of coal, bug-ridden soup. 

So I tried the game on new settings with reshade disabled 

Got 70-80fps with dips once or twice to 56fps

All in all best exp for pubg is pc

Oh and I was playing on 2k settings with high to ultra with very low on foilage and effects