PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

PoeToaster

If you are playing PUBG on a console. You are doing it wrong. As simple as that. 

As badly optimized as the PC version is , its still LEAGUES ahead of what any console version can ever do. Even my old Laptop ran this game way better than One X. 40 FPS and still frame drops ? Lol.

Biggest issue is the lag , but that is understandable since I dont think anyone expected this game to blow up this big. 

9 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Game is not perfect on PC either.  Harjas owns a 2lakh Rs graphics card Titan XP and he reduces graphics settings to low-  medium to get high frame rate in PUBG.

You can buy  a PC that is cheaper than a Xbox one X and still get better performance that fkin 40 fps max and 15 fps frame drops.

3 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Expect Jim Sterling to rip this to pieces in his next video.

No, I highly doubt it. He has given them a harder time about the one time they added lootboxes to the game, for an event.

1 hour ago, Shadoken said:

You can buy  a PC that is cheaper than a Xbox one X and still get better performance that fkin 40 fps max and 15 fps frame drops.

B-B-B-B-But my Xbox Live chat-Azure servers-'Expert' support-6 TeraFlops-Cloud-powah-Box One X. 

1 hour ago, Shadoken said:

Can you though? 

For 500, even excluding monitor and Windows fee I dont think you can make anything that will run it as well as X1X. 

I think the minimum you would need for comparative performance is a 1060/i5/SSD. No way you can do that under 500. And I bet you everything I own that that rig will get frame rate drops to sub 20 FPS at times as well. 

Edited by Aftrunner

1 hour ago, Aftrunner said:

Can you though? 

For 500, even excluding monitor and Windows fee I dont think you can make anything that will run it as well as X1X. 

I think the minimum you would need for comparative performance is a 1060/i5/SSD. No way you can do that under 500. And I bet you everything I own that that rig will get frame rate drops to sub 20 FPS at times as well. 

My friend has a 1060 and a  3 year old AMD processor ( nothing super high end  , Ill ask him the exact CPU ) and gets 60-40.

My Laptop is a 960m with a i7 4710hq 2.5 ghz. 60-50 FPS stable.

note that both do get random drops to 40. But this happens even on my 1080 ti with i7700k 4.5. It just seems like some parts of the game randomly chug it to 50. And the drop is not often like how it is shown in that DF video. It happens rarely and during the loading area.

This is still leagues ahead of the 40 FPS with 15 fps drops that XB1X is getting. The i5/1060 System should be able to do much better.

As for pricing , it really depends on where you are buying and deals. It gets iffy since XB1X is a standard fixed price of $500 , while PC is variable.

There were black friday deals here for a 1060 for 150$ and a i7700 for 200$.

If you REALLY wanted to you could build a really nice rig for $500 assuming you are ok with a poverty looking case lol.

If you are looking at pricing in India only , then a XB1X isnt really just $500 over there is it? 

if XB1 is able to maintain a stable 30fps , then i'd agree its a pretty good. But simply because of the nature of how CPU intensive this game is , I really doubt this game is going to be well suited for consoles. And if and when it does get optimized , the PC will be able to maintain 60 , while xbox will be 30. For a Shooter like this i'd say 60 FPS is very important. I try to play only on 144 fps on my rig and it makes the game feel so much better. 

I might be biased in my view since my playtime is mostly on my 1080ti rig :P , but from what i remember from my Laptop play it was fine ( My laptop is like 700$ now , So I am sure it would be possible to buy an equivalent desktop for $500)

I also think a lot of the complaints about choppiness is from the the absolute sh*t servers they have. 

Edited by Shadoken

And you don't need a brand new PC every 3-4 years. So, yeah, $500 is a good upgrade. 

Xbox One - 2013 - $500

Xbox One X - 2017 - $500

That's $1000 in 4 years, which is more than enough to have a good PC. I'm still on my 2010-11 rig and only upgrade GPU which costs less than a console and outperforms. 

I mean its quite easy to sell your Xbox one for 200$. So technically its a 300$ upgrade.

But lets not devolve this into a Console vs PC thread. There are many other benefits and costs you arent accounting for like the 4K Blu Ray drive. And consoles and PC have a very different upgrade cycle.

My reasoning was consoles are never going to bother with high performance CPUs because PUBG is the exception not the norm.

Edited by Shadoken

You could sell your PC parts too. It works both the ways, just saying. The whole console is cheap and cannot build PC for console price isn't the same as it used to be. And as for other so-called benefits, well PC has a tonne of it. 

Even purely from a gaming perspective, you can play PUBG on a relatively cheaper machine and have better experience. You have the freedom to make adjustments as per your liking and play.

On consoles...you are just stuck with it. Want to reduce visual quality and gain performance? Well, good luck. 

Whatever Zodak saying doesn't make sense...

I don't know if you are aware but It's still in early access on XboxOne and you will have issues in game. It says on store page itself before you buy the game.

My response was to the article which states that the game runs best on Xbox One X, which isn't true at all. 

So people should keep expectations check.

Everyone has their expectations in check, except you, who cannot see how bad it runs. 

Plus frame-rate gets better once you are on ground

RIGHT...opening a toilet door and exchanging fire with a lurking assailant can see frame-rate dip to 20fps for no reason we can readily come up with.

Someone who can't play on PC. XboxOne X is the best version available for those who are interested in the game.

Is the game available on any other platform besides PC and Xbox One X? 

Game is not perfect on PC either.  Harjas owns a 2lakh Rs graphics card Titan XP and he reduces graphics settings to low-  medium to get high frame rate in PUBG.

No, he doesn't. 

Xbox is not getting that patch right now. Xbox version updates are handled by different studio in Spain.

Citation needed. 

Funny, you of all people suddenly ignoring what your beloved DF is saying. gQMTeyF.png 

Maybe next time, play the game and then comment. 

Edited by Heaven Angel

I also put certain settings on Low settings so that I can get 144fps and its easy to see enemies. 

If i put everything on Ultra i might get like 110 or something. But when it drops it might drop below 60.

Btw 1.0 is way better on PC. I can get 144 on ultra and drops arent too much either. Should run some tests and see how it pans out.

Also why is Zodka suddenly talking about PUBG. Doesnt he like that kiddy shooter fortnite :P

Edited by Shadoken

58 minutes ago, Shadoken said:

Also why is Zodka suddenly talking about PUBG. Doesnt he like that kiddy shooter fortnite :P

There is a world of difference between the 2, anyone who says fortnite is better should get his head checked.

The constant adrenaline rush in Pubg is quite exhilarating. This game is in a league of its own and one of the best mp surprises this gen. This reminds me of cod 4 alot and what it meant for last generation of shooting fans.

Also feel its only a matter of time b4 someone with pedigree like Ubisoft, rockstar or ea copies the formula and improves it further to release a much more solid product to surpass this game.

Edited by triggr happy ss

6 hours ago, Shadoken said:

If you are looking at pricing in India only , then a XB1X isnt really just $500 over there is it?

Does not exist here. 

1 hour ago, triggr happy ss said:

Also feel its only a matter of time b4 someone with pedigree like Ubisoft, rockstar or ea copies the formula and improves it further to release a much more solid product to surpass this game.

Would not work. Somehow the pedigreed folks are the ones who will f**k genres such as this one up, completely. 

Edited by ALPHA17

New update definitely helps.  Ran some benchmarks , overall getting 20 FPS more on the new update. Seems the new map also gets better FPS. But maybe lesser players landed with me?

Old Patch

Avg - 103

Min - 57

Max - 137

1.0 Old Map

Avg - 117

Min - 67

Max - 142

1.0 New Desert Map

Avg - 127

Min - 72

Max - 146

11 hours ago, Shadoken said:

I mean its quite easy to sell your Xbox one for 200$. So technically its a 300$ upgrade.

But lets not devolve this into a Console vs PC thread. There are many other benefits and costs you arent accounting for like the 4K Blu Ray drive. And consoles and PC have a very different upgrade cycle.

My reasoning was consoles are never going to bother with high performance CPUs because PUBG is the exception not the norm.

Top PC websites(PC gamer,Wired, PC world nd all) tried building PC equivalent to X1 and all failed multiple times. Price was going above $700 even when they were using 2nd hand PC parts lol.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3200767/gaming/xbox-one-x-pc-build.html

https://www.windowscentral.com/struggle-build-4k-gaming-pc-price-xbox-one-x

Right now it's impossible to match X specs and features at 500$. If you think you can build it then show it.

Edited by WhiteWolf

This game is really fun to watch :D

That car kill was hilarious :lol:  Looks and plays decent on X according to GI

If you are console player and never tried the PC version then i don't think frame-rate hiccups will affect you in major way.  Iam playing Skyforge MMO on PS4 and that game drops to sub 20 on ps4 when 50 plus players are on screen but i still play it daily..

Edited by WhiteWolf