PoeToaster

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

174 posts in this topic

But Nintendo didn't invent platformer genre :/

While you cant sue for ripoffs , there are some cases where certain mechanics and gameplay modes will need licensing from the original creator. 

Also Bluehole is pretty dumb for making this such a big deal , nobody really even cared about fortnite and they are giving them way more publicity lmao.

And yea pretty rich of pubg devs to sue others , when the concept was originally from the Battle Roylae Manga which later became the movie. These items are also referenced in pubg.

Edited by Shadoken

But Nintendo didn't invent platformer genre :/

While you cant sue for ripoffs , there are some cases where certain mechanics and gameplay modes will need licensing from the original creator. 
Also Bluehole is pretty dumb for making this such a big deal , nobody really even cared about fortnite and they are giving them way more publicity lmao.

And yea pretty rich of pubg devs to sue others , when the concept was originally from the Battle Roylae Manga which later became the movie. These items are also referenced in pubg.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On 9/23/2017 at 2:39 AM, adity said:

Not what I was referring to. but pubg doesnt really have any original mechanic.

Check this out

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/patented-game-mechanics-that-might-surprise-you/1100-6369027/

Edited by Shadoken

Not what I was referring to. but pubg doesnt really have any original mechanic.

Check this out
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/patented-game-mechanics-that-might-surprise-you/1100-6369027/
This stuff is very specific.
You can't patent a broad mechanic like 100 people fighting for survival.

I know... I mentioned that in my first post itself.

But if PUBG was a completely original game , I am sure they could have patented some mechanics. 

Edited by Shadoken
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

80 hours in and I never died to the red bombing zone. Never even come close.

Playing duos with a friend, we go in to loot a couple of guys I killed, both get murdered by one artillery hit. We were geared to the hilt as well. Silencer, scopes the works. Coulda definitely been a chicken dinner. 

f**king troll a*s game. :lol:

Edited by Aftrunner

20 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

80 hours in and I never died to the red bombing zone. Never even come close.

Playing duos with a friend, we go in to loot a couple of guys I killed, both get murdered by one artillery hit. We were geared to the hilt as well. Silencer, scopes the works. Coulda definitely been a chicken dinner. 

f**king troll a*s game. :lol:

Yea you have to be alert and careful every corner. Played a match with 4 team players where we were just hiding in white zone and waiting for everybody kills each other, after only 8 were left we started searching for the players with our 8x/12x scopes but after few minutes they all came behind us one by one and killed us with pans, it was f**king hilarious. :rofl: