The CREW 2

ScrewyAurum

170516_TC2_Web_zpssfzfdnky.jpg

The newest iteration in the revolutionary franchise, The Crew® 2 captures the thrill of the American motorsports spirit in one of the most exhilarating open worlds ever created. Welcome to Motornation, a huge, varied, action-packed, and beautiful playground built for motorsports throughout the entire US of A. Enjoy unrestrained exploration on ground, sea, and sky. From coast to coast, street and pro racers, off-road explorers, and freestylers gather and compete in all kinds of disciplines. Join them in high-octane contests and share every glorious moment with the world.

H4t7X4E.jpg

7qEPpew.jpg

The Crew® 2 gives you the chance to showcase your skills and rise as a multi-skilled motorsports champion.

FEATURES

WELCOME TO MOTORNATION – TAKE THE CHALLENGE TO THE GROUND, SEA, AND SKY
Push boundaries and take on new experiences in iconic locations. Fly and spin through fog and clouds above the snowcapped Rocky Mountains, burn rubber in the backstreets of New York City, sweep through the Mississippi River, and explore every inch of the Grand Canyon. Driving your dream hypercar, riding some of the most iconic American bikes, and taking control of the swiftest aerobatic planes and powerboats: opportunities for fun and challenges are limitless in a fully redesigned USA.

SWITCH INSTANTLY BETWEEN VEHICLES & ENJOY A 100% SEAMLESS EXPERIENCE
The Crew® 2 is about open world freedom behind the wheel of your favorite rides. Shift from one to another with just a push of a button using the Fast Fav feature and experience the full potential of this huge and seamless open world. Cruising through L.A in your dream hypercar, switch to the swiftest aerobatic plane to rise above the skyscrapers and enjoy stunning perspectives over Hollywood, then swap it for a slick powerboat as you reach the coastline, landing smoothly on the Pacific ocean: opportunities for fun and challenges are limitless.

BE THE CHAMPION YOU WANT TO BE
Join four different motorsports families from around the country: street and pro racers, off-road experts, and freestylers. They’ll hook you up with new rides, and they’ll introduce you to their own unique motorsports culture and set of disciplines. Through competitions and chance encounters, find and hone your personal style, collect and customize your dream rides, show them off in your HQ, and make your mark on the entire US motorsports scene.

SHARE AND SHINE IN A CONNECTED WORLD
The world of The Crew® 2 is fueled by the need to share your personal accomplishments and unique moments with friends and others – break records and be a pioneer! Every time you achieve something, it will be saved as a new challenge for other players, while you will be encouraged to surpass the feats of others. Capture and share all of your best moments with the press of a button.

00DCNzh.jpg

l7uA7di.jpg

Available: 26 June

Edited by Joe Cool

Sounds weird when you say the title.

I know the first game wasn't received too well but I loved to simply put on some music in the background, pick a car and drive around aimlessly. That was a really well designed map. Everything else was cookie-cutter.

Yep, TDU and TDU 2, I liked those games for similar reasons but the amazing thing about The Crew is that it kind of simulates the entirety of America (although the scale is reduced), so it's possible to drive from the East Coast to the West Coast in one sitting.

• 4 weeks later...

I feel this could have been expansion than a $60 title. Was expecting a different country this time but we are still in the US. How about adding Mexico or Canada.

Anyways, registered for the beta and unlocked three vehicles in the rewards program.

Same gameplay with his face cam. wRL3fAL.png 

2 hours ago, Agent 47 said:

I feel this could have been expansion than a $60 title.

I really don't because the engine and other stuff needs rework from scratch. The CREW is very good but getting old and can really use a full overhaul. But yea, a new location would have been cool. 

Hopefully, the controls and UI are good right from launch.

NQn2g5r.jpg

DyeEGci.jpg

wyiW4G3.jpg

lhxnGJ9.jpg
SAI5BQf.jpg

I'm super stoked for this.  kuJKmO4.png 

I feel this could have been expansion than a $60 title. Was expecting a different country this time but we are still in the US. How about adding Mexico or Canada.

Anyways, registered for the beta and unlocked three vehicles in the rewards program.

Because number of people playing games in US is way higher than Mexico and Canada gamers. Also does Mexico even have a varied landscape like USA for water, sky, off-road and street racing? And the country is just sh*t tier. No one will like racing on garbage streets.

41 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Because number of people playing games in US is way higher than Mexico and Canada gamers. Also does Mexico even have a varied landscape like USA for water, sky, off-road and street racing? And the country is just sh*t tier. No one will like racing on garbage streets.

Mexico could have been used for Offroading. Anyways, I was thinking they would move to Europe. Apart, from boats and planes, i don't see it offering anything else. Has the scale of the map changed? Have they added any new cities which aren't present in the previous game?

Hopefully, the controls and UI are good right from launch.

Hopefully, bike mechanics have been improved. Pretty horrendous in the first one.

Edited by Agent 47

3 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Yep the varied landscape makes US the ideal setting, that besides the primary target audience.

The first game was amazing when it came to sheer variety and scale. It was like ETS2 with sports cars.

It's worth picking up on a sale. It has flaws, the story is pretty bad and the loot-based upgrade system is hit or miss, however the real appeal is (like I said earlier in this thread) to simply pick a car, put on some nice driving music and drive from coast to coast.

I'm going to say YES. It's a good game mainly with all the updates. I kind of liked the loot upgrade till you reach max. After that, it can be irksome as you can keep getting same part while looking for one specific. Still, can be acquired by doing small challenges/stunts around as the loot is scaled. 

• You can play completely SOLO. However, you need to be connected to their server while playing. This means you will come across other racers around while exploring.
  • You have decent story missions and skills all over the map. Good variety. The story starts of meh but slowly picks up well. The last mission was solid.
  • Freeroam offers quick FreeDrive challenges, stunts and also allows you to make your own race and play with friends.
  • The game offers more than just street racing. There is a good variety of cars and things to do around. Off-road, monsters, circuit and whatnot.
  • Like any other Ubisoft game, this game also has collectables but they are kind of fun to find (car parts).
  • Bikes are shite. You can still cruise around but bike racing is shite.
  • The challenges are a lot of fun to do and there are a tonne of them. 
  • The faction missions are an absolute joy to play.
  • Cops AI isn't that good. I don't remember getting caught ever.
  • Each car has their own tuning & upgrade. If you buy a car and a tuner spec, you have only base stats. You do skills and events and stuff to get gear. And every car is UNIQUE.
  • The Summit is great. 
  • Good soundtracks and the graphics is great. At least looks fantastic on PC. Pick any car and can drive anywhere and do anything. 

Shite launch but improved very well over years. High hopes for this one.