Farcry 5

Engineer

header.jpg?t=1496067166

Far Cry comes to America in the latest installment of the award-winning franchise.
Welcome to Hope County, Montana, land of the free and the brave but also home to a fanatical doomsday cult known as Eden’s Gate. Stand up to cult leader Joseph Seed, and his siblings, the Heralds, to spark the fires of resistance and liberate the besieged community.
FIGHT AGAINST A DEADLY CULT
Free Hope County in solo or two-player co-op. Recruit Guns and Fangs for hire to help defeat the cult.
A WORLD THAT HITS BACK
Wreak havoc on the cult and its members but beware of the wrath of Joseph Seed and his followers.
CARVE YOUR OWN PATH
Build your character and choose your adventure in the largest customizable Far Cry game ever!
DYNAMIC TOYS
Take control of iconic muscle cars, ATV's, planes and a lot more to engage the cult forces in epic fights.
DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION

FC5_mockup_STM_DELUXE_EDITION_UK.jpg?t=1

Upgrade to Deluxe Edition and receive the Digital Deluxe Pack which includes:
- The Big Game Hunter Pack
- The Ace Pilot Pack
- The Explosive Pack
- The Chaos Pack
- AR-C Assault Rifle & .44 Magnum Handgun with unique skins
GOLD EDITION
FC5_mockup_STM_GOLD_EDITION_UK.jpg?t=149
The Gold Edition includes the game, the Digital Deluxe Pack & the Season Pass.

Edited by Engineer

Probably going to be a western-themed game. If that's true, I'm so ready for it.

but unless they change the side quests like releasing settlements, climbing towers etc., it'll just flop like the primal ! They need to bring in some fresh ideas and also add a TP camera for horses, driving in FP is ok, going on a horse would be quite difficult !

Didn't Primal sell well?

But yeah I wouldn't expect a radically different Far Cry game, it's still going to be a Ubi towerfest. As long as the moment to moment gameplay is fun I'm ok with that. I skipped Primal and didn't play Far Cry 4 beyond the first 3-4 hours (despite it having a really cool setting) so at this point I'm ready for a new Far Cry. Not sure about a new Assassin's Creed though, still burnt out on that series.

Actually my favorite Far Cry game is 2. It was very different compared to the typical Ubi open world formula with a setting you normally don't see much of in games. People hated the respawning checkpoints (they stopped being an issue halfway through the game, you could go around them or kill them in seconds) and the malaria mechanic but it was a very unique take on the open world genre.

Edited by Tyler

Actually my favorite Far Cry game is 2. It was very different compared to the typical Ubi open world formula with a setting you normally don't see much of in games. People hated the respawning checkpoints (they stopped being an issue halfway through the game, you could go around them or kill them in seconds) and the malaria mechanic but it was a very unique take on the open world genre.

I think that was because of FarCry 2 being made on the complete opposite spectrum of shooters (no matter how good you shoot gun if you get shot you die just as fast). It was a crappy place to be in, even the ending was morally ambiguous. I did not understand it when I originally played it on 800 x600 on a Pentium setup (I was playing it next to Crysis). On the other hand, I really liked the gun jam mechanic although malaria struck at the worst possible times.

Do not think we will ever get that kind of shooter experience from a mainstream AAA studio anymore.

I think that was because of FarCry 2 being made on the complete opposite spectrum of shooters (no matter how good you shoot gun if you get shot you die just as fast). It was a crappy place to be in, even the ending was morally ambiguous. I did not understand it when I originally played it on 800 x600 on a Pentium setup (I was playing it next to Crysis). On the other hand, I really liked the gun jam mechanic although malaria struck at the worst possible times.

Do not think we will ever get that kind of shooter experience from a mainstream AAA studio anymore.

I agree, it was completely opposite of the whole set-piece driven stuff that's so popular now. It was almost a survival horror-like take on FPS.

Yeah Far cry 2 felt good

enemy Jeep was my favourite [emoji14]

Africa setting was nice.

Lacked some animals, lion leopard cheetah etc

Yeah wild life was lacking. They gave excuse like if we include carnivores they will eat all other animals and then die due to hunger and then game world will fill empty. And in next game they had all animals in full glory.

Yeah wild life was lacking. They gave excuse like if we include carnivores they will eat all other animals and then die due to hunger and then game world will fill empty. And in next game they had all animals in full glory.

:rofl: Ubisoft comes up with lamest excuses. This and 'female characters too difficult to animate' etc.

:rofl: Ubisoft comes up with lamest excuses. This and 'female characters too difficult to animate' etc.

Considering that the processing power at that time did not allow for accurate simulation of so many life systems it was not implemented.

The one about animating female models is lame for all intents.

For me , the first far cry is still the best, the island was so beautiful and the stealth mechanic was really well done. The last few levels were brutally tough, but still, the game was way ahead of other shooters at it's time of release !

Also the music score at the title screen was totally awesome !

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

For me , the first far cry is still the best, the island was so beautiful and the stealth mechanic was really well done. The last few levels were brutally tough, but still, the game was way ahead of other shooters at it's time of release !

Also the music score at the title screen was totally awesome !

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I consider the first Far Cry to be more of a predecessor to Crysis than the Far Cry series we have now.

BTW I also loved Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, probably more than any of the other recent Far Cry games. As a fan of 80s movies it was a joy to play. Also that kickass soundtrack by Power Glove.

I consider the first Far Cry to be more of a predecessor to Crysis than the Far Cry series we have now.

BTW I also loved Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, probably more than any of the other recent Far Cry games. As a fan of 80s movies it was a joy to play. Also that kickass soundtrack by Power Glove.

The first Far Cry was something special. It was my first experience in an open world jungle game and it was exhilarating. Especially stealthing through the foliage and the seamless transition from land to water. It was all so new and that too in an open world.

I remember it released on 2004. The same year Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 (RIP) came out. These three were among the best looking games ever released.

I am kinda curious if it is indeed western themed. I would love a Justified style show.

I really should get around to playing Primal. The price needs to drop significantly though. Doesnt seem worth over 400Rs or something when it could go either way. Either love it and put 20-40 hours in or hate it and get done in 2 hours.

The first Far Cry was something special. It was my first experience in an open world jungle game and it was exhilarating. Especially stealthing through the foliage and the seamless transition from land to water. It was all so new and that too in an open world.

I remember it released on 2004. The same year Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 (RIP) came out. These three were among the best looking games ever released.

That was a great time, sucked for someone who just started working though, didn't have enough money to put together a decent gaming PC :(

Either love it and put 20-40 hours in or hate it and get done in 2 hours.

That's exactly how I feel about Primal. Same thing happened with Far Cry 4. It was essentially Far Cry 3 all over again.

We need a legit Dino Far Cry game. Throw in some time travel sh*t if needed. Or a lost Uncharted island.

That'll work!