Farcry 5

Engineer

Another take down the villain and capture the tower far cry game with animals to hunt and people to kill.I believe far cry is going the assassin's creed way. Same old sh*t.

Far cry 2 was great. Primal was a breath of fresh air just for the bit that you could control an animal to do the job for you in a lot of cases. I have had enough of it just like assassin's creed.

Details:

It's the first Far Cry game set in America.

It's also playable on PS4 Pro and Project Scorpio.

You can play the entire story solo or in two-player co-op.

You play as the new junior deputy of fictional Hope County, Montana, players will find that their arrival accelerates a years-long silent coup by a fanatical doomsday cult, the Project at Eden's Gate. Protagonist is customisible meaning you can choose gender and skin color

Villians name is Joseph Seed

You can fly planes and take part in aerial dogfights.

Vehicles include American muscle cars, ATVs, boats, and big rigs.

Weapons include guns, grenades, sledgehammers, and baseball bats.

You can recruit other people to fight for you.

You can also recruit animals like bears and cougars.

There is a map editor that will have "new features that add a new dimension to the content created by fans".

PS4 players are getting a free Far Cry 5 skin pack at launch.

Ubisoft Montreal is leading development, with support from Ubisoft Toronto, Ubisoft Kiev, Ubisoft Shanghai, and Ubisoft Reflections.

Sounds interesting. It's more like GTA with animals than Far Cry.

The setting looks quite interesting to me and I'll reserve judgment until we get to see some proper gameplay at E3. It'll most likely be the same old climb towers / take down lieutenants / craft pouches thing all over again but I think I am ready for another Far Cry game especially since I didn't play much of 4 and skipped Primal.

I secretly hope that Ubi shakes up the gameplay and world design a bit and makes it a more organic experience like Far Cry 2.

I like cultist horror/crime movies. So setting looks interesting to me. As long as they keep the scale right, it should be good. Kinda sucks for 2018 release though. Too far away.

Yep, the whole backwoods cult thing is actually pretty scary. And yeah I was expecting a Fall 2017 release.

Edited by Tyler

Well, I will say this. For all the recycling Ubisoft does, the writing in the Far Cry series has been (surprisingly) consistently good. By video game FPS standards its actually top tier writing. It does have the Batman problem, where the most interesting characters are the bad guys but it still good enough for me to stick to watching almost every cutscene. Which is pretty rare for me, I usually skip video game cutscenes most of the time.

I havent played Primal though, so I dunno about that.

Well, I will say this. For all the recycling Ubisoft does, the writing in the Far Cry series has been (surprisingly) consistently good. By video game FPS standards its actually top tier writing. It does have the Batman problem, where the most interesting characters are the bad guys but it still good enough for me to stick to watching almost every cutscene. Which is pretty rare for me, I usually skip video game cutscenes most of the time.

I havent played Primal though, so I dunno about that.

Primal story was pretty boring according to me with no memorable character except that shaman guy. Otherwise I completely agree with you, they have made some really good characters especially with vaas and pagan min. Pretty awesome baddies.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk