Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Mysteryman

On 7/24/2019 at 6:10 PM, KnackChap said:

f**ckin finally platinumed it after missing the Hermes homie trophy for 2 days. Took me around 105 hrs. Still a bunch of outposts, forts etc to clear but I've had enough. It's much much better than origins, which was pretty sh*t with no memorable characters tbh. This has a better story, better mythos, more variety, characters, far better combat etc. Want to play the Atlantis dlc but I think I'll just YT it. 

Hermes trophy is such a f**ked up trophy.

Took me 4 hours just hopelessly wandering re checking every part, and one huge part was remaining in the middle of the map and one tiny part I am sure wasn't looking any different from the explored part.

Although took 75 hours total and didn't go for most of the trophies beforehand. 

(All treasures/cultists/were done after the main story)

Edited by GunnerY2J

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Chirag2001 said:

So if Im not wrong the Season Pass for this is on sale? I havent really bought DLC before, I have an Indian PSN account, so i can just simply pay for the Season Pass via the store and thats that?

I might get it later tho cuz I havent completed the main story yet.

But in general thats what I have to do for the DLC? 

GET THE FATE OF ATLANTIS – EPISODE 1 FOR FREE!

From August 26th to September 1st, we're giving away the Fields of Elysium, first episode of The Fate of Atlantis DLC, for FREE.

acod_giveaway_worldmap_uk_354396.png

In addition, the Season Pass is 50% off from August 27th until September 1st. The Season Pass includes the full Legacy of the First Blade and Fate of Atlantis story arcs plus Assassin's Creed® III Remastered!

The Assassin's Creed Odyssey base game is required to access season pass content, including the Fields of Elysium episode.

link

PS4 will be available from August 27th

I just started playing the main story mode, I can obviously try out the free DLC episode that week, but do you recommend buying the Season Pass right now?
Or you think there could be a better deal later down the line? I don't mind waiting till Christmas tbh

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

I just started playing the main story mode, I can obviously try out the free DLC episode that week, but do you recommend buying the Season Pass right now?
Or you think there could be a better deal later down the line? I don't mind waiting till Christmas tbh

No, don't buy the season pass. Play main game + free DLC and wait for Christmas. It should keep you busy till then you don't rush. 

• Like 1

The season pass almost never goes on sale. And even when it does its usually around $30. Its either base game or Gold/Ultimate edition but never the season pass. There were times when Gold edition was cheaper than just the season pass. The fact that they're advertising this should give you a hint.

1 hour ago, GunnerY2J said:

Origins worth playing after odyssey ? 

I liked odyssey (too long and repetitive but now would play origins on easy to avoid grinding for xp on side missions)

Have heard origins to be better ?

How's the platinum ?

Not really, no. Odyssey is better than Origins in pretty much everything. 

3 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Origins is smaller but even more boring than Odyssey after 20 hours when everything is literal copy-paste in every region. Mind numbing stuff. 

Not really. Origins does some things far better. Gameplay wise, Origins had the better system since every weapon felt different and had different special attacks, unlike Odyssey where 90% of the time the spear finished the fight before you even needed the other weapons. Shield was also a plus. You cannot use shield in Odyssey at all.

Story was far better in Origins and actually concerned the Assassin storyline (How the Creed was formed) unlike in Odyssey which did not concern assassins at all.

And if you have played the Curse Of The Pharaohs DLC, it was one of the finest moments of the franchise. Boss Battles were absolutely amazing and blew everything Odyssey offered out of the water, even the Mythical Encounters. And it also had some of the most beautiful areas in the entire franchise as a whole.

Not saying Odyssey was worse in every aspect, but Origins excelled in some areas while Odyssey excelled in others.

@GunnerY2J Both are very good games and should be played. Just be aware that Origins is also a gigantic game and can burn you out if you are just coming out of Odyssey. So if necessary take a break and play it when you are ready. And play it with DLCs - both DLCs expand the story, but Curse of the Pharaohs is just amazing and highly recommended.

Edited by roun90
  • Like 1

I liked the setting and the main character over Odyssey, but that's about it. Never played a more mind numbing game that I put close to 40hrs in. In terms of gameplay, systems, mission variety, story etc, Origin to Odyssey is like going from AC1 to AC2.