Gears 5

Heaven Angel

6 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Should i play Gears 4 or this first as far as campaign is concerned? My main concern is around story and how much is it connected to 4.

This is connected to 4, but you can maybe youtube the story. Not much of it anyway. 

1 minute ago, Sach4life said:

Should i play Gears 4 or this first as far as campaign is concerned? My main concern is around story and how much is it connected to 4.

Well, you do get a nice recap for Gears 4 before the start of the campaign as it is a direct continuation.

But even though story is not exactly the strong suit of Gears games and I barely even pay attention to it, I'd still recommend playing Gears 4 first. Just because it has a pretty great and fun campaign.

And it comes with your game pass subscription :P

5 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Gears 4 kind of boots the series with new characters and enemies. Own campaign so you should be fine story wise. Though if you have time you should play it or watch recap.

13 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Thought it was just my PC :lol:

Running like sh*t for me too. Probably needs a patch and new drivers.

Relief, I was going to turn my PC inside out to check what's wrong. Good to know it's running badly for you too. Surprised Nvidia did not release game ready drivers for gear 5.

21 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

jeez game is running like sh*t for me even at 1080p using a GTX 1080. Stuttering mess. Unplayable for me. Changed everything in settings still the same.

Smooth as butter here :P

look like it needs Nvida drivers or something or it's some Windows store issue again. MS games on PC always bad :P

2 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

Relief, I was going to turn my PC inside out to check what's wrong. Good to know it's running badly for you too. Surprised Nvidia did not release game ready drivers for gear 5.

I was about to do the same until I read your post :P

1 minute ago, WhiteWolf said:

look like it needs Nvida drivers or something or it's some Windows store issue again. MS games on PC always bad :P

Nah. Gears 4 and FH4 ran silky smooth for me.

Just now, Sach4life said:

I would eventually play Gears 4 campaign but i was just wondering which one should i play first. Ideally it should be 4th but since this is a new game, it is always fun to be part of the conversation.

Play gears 4 first if you can. Good campaign not too long either. 

6 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

Times like this makes you thing if consoles are better than an expensive PC when games are released in this state.

Gave up on PC few years back, gaming has also decreased, so for few games console makes much more sense. Plus the new consoles are pretty good. People should maybe invest a very good display instead I guess. 

Edited by AtheK

14 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

I would eventually play Gears 4 campaign but i was just wondering which one should i play first. Ideally it should be 4th but since this is a new game, it is always fun to be part of the conversation.

Well in that case, go for Gears 5 and watch the recap video to get primed up.

You can always play 4 later. 

And even if you start playing 4 now with the sole intention of completing it as quickly as possible, it might start feeling like a chore.

1 minute ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Well in that case, go for Gears 5 and watch the recap video to get primed up.

You can always play 4 later. 

And even if you start playing 4 now with the sole intention of completing it as quickly as possible, it might start feeling like a chore.

Exactly. Don't wanna rush through anything and ruin the experience, especially considering how i don't really have the time to go through a game twice.