PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

2 hours ago, Big Boss said:

f**k WB and their long a*s teaser marketing campaign. I hope someone leaks the game footage etc so that this stupid convoluted marketing stops.

Yup, they have been teasing it for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long now but it's Almost certain to be at the ps5 event if there is one.

On 1/8/2020 at 5:23 PM, achilles said:

Ugh. No. It shouldn't matter. I don't want to see "boot" screens. It should sleep, and wake up like the Switch, my phone, or any other modern computing device, right in the game. In less than one goddamn second. I don't want to see the parade of game publisher logos before a game starts more than once, which is the first time. 

No, 'rest' mode doesn't work well enough. It needs to have a battery so nothing changes if there's a temporary power cut. Also, it's slow.

Whoever of Xbox or PS gets this right will get my money. 

As far as hardware is concerned i think Series X will be much superior to PS5 in power and performance. 

Xbox one X looks very high quality premium console compared to PS4 Pro and same team making seriesX, so i expect top quality hardware with top quality performance and power. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

As far as hardware is concerned i think Series X will be much superior to PS5 in power and performance. 

Xbox one X looks very high quality premium console compared to PS4 Pro and same team making seriesX, so i expect top quality hardware with top quality performance and power. 

If Xbox is aiming for 500$ and ps5 for 400$, it's pretty obvious it will be powerful.

Just like the pro and the X,it ultimately comes down to preference in the end like always.  

42 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Isn't that a good news that they aren't boycotting the old generation completely from the day new gen releases?  

Its actually a good thing imo, as not everyone has the dough /need to upgrade day 1.

Personally I would love to buy ps5/series x within a couple of months of release, but with 500 dollar price tags that aint happening.

Having said that , it's MS and we all know how honest their marketing is. :giggle:

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

Isn't that a good news that they aren't boycotting the old generation completely from the day new gen releases?  

The third parties will continue to make crossgen games well into 2022. New AC for eg has PS4/XB1 version coming out before new gen launches. But for first parties, its their job to showcase the shiny new hardware and what it can do without being held back by last gen. But since MS is heavily invested in subscription service they don't want to split the install base. 

2 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

But for first parties, its their job to showcase the shiny new hardware and what it can do without being held back by last gen. But since MS is heavily invested in subscription service they don't want to split the install base. 

I agree it's coz of the subscription that they don't want to split the install base. At the same time it is a very pro consumer since it's not forcing you upgrade to a new hardware, you can upgrade after 2 years also when it has exclusives and you feel confident enough that the games are not being held back.

Looking at hellblade 2 , it looked shiny enough taking advantage of the new Xbox. I see no reason how a 12tf console will be held back in any ways. That's like saying a GTX 2080 is held back by a 1060 and as soon a new card release we should drop support of all the old ones ?.

All those people worried about games being held back will be the first one in the lines buying the next cod, a*s Creed or lou2 to play on the new console.  I still remember how Sony milked all PS4 users by the last of us and all you could here that time was OMG what an upgrade ?. That time non of the fanboys had a problem paying another 60$.

Let's wait and see what Sony does, coz dropping 120 million PS4 owners overnight won't be an easy decision for them. 

Also majority of you are as it is going with the ps5 anyways so why the fake concern of Xbox 1st party being held back?

Edited by triggr happy ss

The ripe is about that the old generation will hold the new generation back. If they manage to run all the games on both the generations than why not. The difference will be graphical fidelity, settings are not available on consoles so devs can do by tweaking it from get go. 

You just can't expect on par with new gen and people knows it. 

I don't own Ps4 pro so i don't mind playing the games on 1080p acceptable framerates. Same as PC.