Final Fantasy VII: Remake

IshmaelIsBack

Hell House boss fight and Abzu boss fight are very good. Abzu was so f**king unpredictable. 

Also the game is very balanced in terms of difficulty. I havent been able to over level so far but the enemy level isnt so high that it frustrates you.

Reflexes need to be very good in this game, very similar to Kingdom hearts. 

Also, the combat system is fantastic! Not just mindless hack and slash, you need to plan some strategy without being boring like turn based (this can be debatable :P)

3 hours ago, kold_war said:

I have only completed ff7 crisis core on PSP and loved every minute of it. 

Is it the same game as crisis core?  Cos when I played the demo it felt like I've played these levels before

Its not the same game, but its part of the same saga.

Crisis core is actually a prequel, even though this game was the one released originally (1997).

Edited by playstationdude
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kold_war said:

I have only completed ff7 crisis core on PSP and loved every minute of it. 

Is it the same game as crisis core?  Cos when I played the demo it felt like I've played these levels before

crisis core is the prequel, Cloud has basically Zach's personality and backstory but thinks its his own.

Yes, this is an evolution of crisis core formula where they add "action" elements to the combat instead of pokemon-like turn based "gameplay" like it was with the original FF7

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

crisis core is the prequel, Cloud has basically Zach's personality and backstory but thinks its his own.

Yes, this is an evolution of crisis core formula where they add "action" elements to the combat instead of pokemon-like turn based "gameplay" like it was with the original FF7

Ah ok.  No wonder it felt so similar when compared to crisis core. 

6 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Its not the same game, but its part of the same saga.

Crisis core is actually a prequel, even though this game was the one released originally (1997).

Ya got that... Thanks ?

Edit: DP

Edited by kold_war

12 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Lol I thought it was just me who felt like the gameplay is an evolved version of Crisis core.

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

Ohh man, you add air quotes to the word gameplay when associating it with turn based. You are so cool man. 

49 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Ohh man, you add air quotes to the word gameplay when associating it with turn based. You are so cool man. 

:rofl:

>getting mad

>over someone roasting a 90s genre that should have remained in the 90s.

Go back to playing Persona 5 or whatever man.

I haven't played any Final Fantasy title, ever. This game, with the gameplay videos I have watched online, really do make me like it a lot but I'm quite not sure if I can just jump into FFVII having not touched a FF game before. Will I be completely at bay from the story perspective?

The graphics and smooth gameplay looked so sweet in the videos that I really do feel like giving this game a shot thus I thought will ask here.

16 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

I haven't played any Final Fantasy title, ever. This game, with the gameplay videos I have watched online, really do make me like it a lot but I'm quite not sure if I can just jump into FFVII having not touched a FF game before. Will I be completely at bay from the story perspective?

The graphics and smooth gameplay looked so sweet in the videos that I really do feel like giving this game a shot thus I thought will ask here.

You can try the demo on psn

Also none of the Final Fantasies are linked. Each one is independent. And FF7 is the best one in the series.

• Like 1