slackerninja

The PS4 & Xbox One Thread - Part 2

I think there's nothing called future proof

That's the whole idea of constant manufacturing and selling.

You can't outthink Microsoft and Sony.

finally i will try SuperHot.

Edited by WhiteWolf

8 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

finally i will try SuperHot.

It's a great game. 

The story is a bit weird but you can complete it in a couple of hours after which you unlock challenges and endless mode. 

IT'S THE MOST INNOVATIVE SHOOTER I HAVE PLAYED IN YEARS. 

PlayStation 4: 5 Years Ago Today…

Already 5 years. pghluqL.png 

5 minutes ago, aditya_s017 said:

Anywhere i can get Lego Marvel Super Heroes for cheap? I need it for my 4 year old nephew...

LEGO games are not on sale at the moment. 

Marvel Super Heroes was last on sale in October. 

6 minutes ago, aditya_s017 said:

hmm, will have to get it for 1400 then from flipkart, sucks that it was 5 bucks during sale, wat a waste of 1000 bucks :(

From my experience, don't bother getting games for toddlers/preschoolers unless you plan to play it as well. Last time I did, I ended up wasting money when they didn't even play it for more than an hour.

So this I just loaded some Youtube gameplay video and give him the controller. He button smashed and jumped and enjoyed for an hour before asking for more. VwPTuNi.png 

Just install some F2P kids game or get game on sale if really needed. 

13 minutes ago, aditya_s017 said:

ya, thts wat i am worried about. Right now, i just put need for speed on freeroam, and hand him the controller, and leave. Am hoping there's some sort of freeroam in marvel super heroes.

There isn't. Well, there is but it's not total free roam. After Exploratory Laboratory (level 3), you can free roam with limitation because not all characters or side quests are available until you beat the game.

The free roam is better after you beat the story. 

Install all the demos instead. He will get to play more LEGO games and will also keep him busy. 

• LEGO® Batman™ 3: Beyond Gotham Demo
  • LEGO® Marvel's Avengers Demo
  • LEGO® Jurassic World™ Demo
  • LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes Demo
  • LEGO® The Hobbit™ Demo
  • The LEGO® Movie Videogame Demo
  • LEGO® Star Wars™: The Force Awakens Demo

Each offer like 30-60 minutes of gameplay. 

Edited by Joe Cool
  • Like 1

I just start a video walkthrough of superhot VR on TV for my cousin. He thinks he's doing all the cool sh*t. 

My 4 and 6 year old nephews almost platinum'd Rayman Origins and Legends by themselves, few years back. They know what they are doing at this age. And company always helps.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Maximus said:

My 4 and 6 year old nephews almost platinum'd Rayman Origins and Legends by themselves, few years back. They know what they are doing at this age. And company always helps.

Kids are really smart these days. 

Another cousin of mine 100%ed loco roco 1 and 2 back when they came out. She was only 6 at the time. 

None of my business, but why are you guys encouraging 4 year olds to play video games? :O

I'd assume it to be really damaging to their eyes given they are still in their formative years.

Edited by Playstationdude

PS4 Pro stock with warranty available from this week. MRP is Rs. 41,990. Though it might be a bit cheaper than that.

And while the PS4 Pro price is higher than what it used to be, you may not have to pay that much. Multiple sources in the supply chain claim that Sony isn’t exercising as much price control over the PS4 Pro price as it used to.

This will result in the likes of Amazon and Flipkart as well as offline, independent stores offering a small discount of around four percent, bringing the price down to a little under Rs. 40,000. It’s a crucial move considering that the PS4 Pro has been readily available unofficially through grey and parallel imports for a price of around Rs. 32,000. This makes the trade off for an official unit with warranty a little more palpable.

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/ps4-pro-india-availability-price-1815491

43 minutes ago, Playstationdude said:

None of my business, but why are you guys encouraging 4 year olds to play video games? :O

I'd assume it to be really damaging to their eyes given they are still in their formative years.

Depends on how long they're playing games tho. I allow my kid an hour of supervised gaming time. She's 6 now but she has been playing since she was about 4. Anyway times are such that kids spend quite a lot of time with technology anyway. An hour or two of gaming won't be that much worse.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Playstationdude said:

Pffftt.. you gotta train them early so that they don't grow up into a f**king noob. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 2/20/2018 at 11:26 PM, NitroNeo said:

When i turn off my xbox one i first turn off the controller then press the xbox logo power button that glows to manually turn it off, normally it turns off with the power logo button flicking off just 2-3 times. But if i had used it for a long time for downloading game updates for 4-5 hours then the logo keeps flickering for sometimes 5-8 or sometimes 20-40 times before turning off fully.

I don't know if it is a bug or if there are background processes that need to be stopped since i used it for a longer period or is it detecting a controller, so if someone can explain it, it'd be great.

Need a reply on the above.

Also got the PS4 Pro, i want to ask is that what is the proper and safe way to turn it on and off. The strip on which the power and eject buttons reside seems really delicate, half the time i am not still able to locate the power key properly, but i sometimes turned off my old ps3 slim with the controller itself and then it died after a couple of years, so to be safe i do traditional on and off with the power button on console, will the ps4 pro button break from constant usage ?

Not sure about Xbox one but for PS4 pro press and hold home button then select power option then power off and not rest mode because rest mode is same as Xbox one energy saving mode