slackerninja

The PS4 & Xbox One Thread - Part 2

Yeah i used to turn off my ps3 slim like that, and by just pressing the PS or X logos you can turn on respective consoles and i see it is easy to get used to and made a habit of, but i feel it is unsafe since a controller might as well be kicking a console to start.

IDK i am very late to this gen, and never got a chance to check out a PS4 or X1, as no one i knew had it.

Yeah i used to turn off my ps3 slim like that, and by just pressing the PS or X logos you can turn on respective consoles and i see it is easy to get used to and made a habit of, but i feel it is unsafe since a controller might as well be kicking a console to start.

IDK i am very late to this gen, and never got a chance to check out a PS4 or X1, as no one i knew had it.
That's the only way. Else for PS4 pro press and hold power button. When it beeps then on the second beep leave the power button. Then your console switches off else one beep takes the console to rest mode.

3 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Long press ps button - power - shut down ps4

Edited by adity

16 minutes ago, djanuj said:
18 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

That's the only way. Else for PS4 pro press and hold power button. When it beeps then on the second beep leave the power button. Then your console switches off else one beep takes the console to rest mode.

Will constantly using these buttons on the PS4 Pro damage those physical buttons or are they durable than they seem ?

Will constantly using these buttons on the PS4 Pro damage those physical buttons or are they durable than they seem ?
why use physical buttons though? when u can power off and on with the joystick...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Well there's no other way. You either use buttons or joystick. Upto you.

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

Need a reply on the above.

Also got the PS4 Pro, i want to ask is that what is the proper and safe way to turn it on and off. The strip on which the power and eject buttons reside seems really delicate, half the time i am not still able to locate the power key properly, but i sometimes turned off my old ps3 slim with the controller itself and then it died after a couple of years, so to be safe i do traditional on and off with the power button on console, will the ps4 pro button break from constant usage ?

Why don't you turn off from the system itself by selecting shut down console. 

56 minutes ago, sobbii said:

why use physical buttons though? when u can power off and on with the joystick...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Why don't you turn off from the system itself by selecting shut down console. 

Yes i want to do that as well, but before i start doing it constantly i want to know if it will reduce the life of the console as i feel it acts like a force on/off method

Yes i want to do that as well, but before i start doing it constantly i want to know if it will reduce the life of the console as i feel it acts like a force on/off method
Lol nothing like that, as a matter of fact it will prolong the life.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Turning the console on every once a year also helps extend the its life. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

I think you're worrying too much. Any thing you do will reduce the life of the console. The only way to ensure maximum life would be to not take it out of the box. 

On a serious note, the build quality is quite solid. You can use it however you want without worrying. 

• Like 1

They should have made the power key on PS4 Pro be pressed from the left end of the strip itself, that would have been cool, now i have to align my finger properly in the middle just below the sony wording on top of the 1st layer of the 3 layer design.

What? You don't need to press anything on the console to turn on/off. Just press the button on the controller... 

Edited by Joe Cool

10 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

They should have made the power key on PS4 Pro be pressed from the left end of the strip itself, that would have been cool, now i have to align my finger properly in the middle just below the sony wording on top of the 1st layer of the 3 layer design.

for the last time power button on consoles are only to be used in emergency. fpor everything else there is a controller. Stop being so paranoid.

I know dude i was,, i use it by pressing on the button on controller. But i was saying that it would be cool if the side of the strip [edge] that curves to the left on the pro can function as the power key.

I always use the button on console because turning off from controller takes too long. And that plastic strip is really flimsy on the Pro. They probably saved 2 cents by going from touch controls to a plastic strip from toilet brooms.

6 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I always use the button on console because turning off from controller takes too long. And that plastic strip is really flimsy on the Pro. They probably saved 2 cents by going from touch controls to a plastic strip from toilet brooms.

Yeah , it looks really cheap on the slim too. The touch button on ps4 fat looked cool.

Every other company improves the design with a new iteration. Sony just f**ks it up. :P

Edited by Playstationdude

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

On Xbox - Hold big X then select turn off the console. This will turn off console and controller

On PS4 - Hold PS button then goto turn power off option below rest mode. Power option will turn everything off.  Wait for system to completely shut down and then switch off main power.

bc power on aur off karney mein bhi itna tension ? :P

I use physical power button to turn ON the console. You should also do that to keep physical buttons in working condition.. My TV volume button is dead coz for past 2 years i only use tv remote for everything. So don't let that happen to your ps4 physical buttons

Edited by WhiteWolf