slackerninja

The PS4 & Xbox One Thread - Part 2

You need at least a 1KV one. 600 is not enough to handle the load, especially if you have a TV as well.

I only have the Pro plugged in to the the UPS. And the 600 should be more than enough considering it's power rating.
But the problem is with the transfer time, the 6-8msec it takes is apparently too much for Pro to handle, so it just shuts down

I only have the Pro plugged in to the the UPS. And the 600 should be more than enough considering it's power rating.
But the problem is with the transfer time, the 6-8msec it takes is apparently too much for Pro to handle, so it just shuts down
How old is the UPS, considering that you have just the pro plugged in, it should work.

Have you tried cold booting? Keep the ups in battery mode and try switching on the pro. You can then confirm if it's a load issue or switching time issue.

If the ups is old, then aged battery can also cause the same issue.

How old is the UPS, considering that you have just the pro plugged in, it should work.

Have you tried cold booting? Keep the ups in battery mode and try switching on the pro. You can then confirm if it's a load issue or switching time issue.

If the ups is old, then aged battery can also cause the same issue.

7-8 months. I had called APC support and they sent a technician. He did detailed tests and finally told me the problem is due to the transfer time.
It shuts down mostly when in game i.e. the power draw is high. When I am just in the PlayStation menu and all, UPS handles fine.

7-8 months. I had called APC support and they sent a technician. He did detailed tests and finally told me the problem is due to the transfer time.
It shuts down mostly when in game i.e. the power draw is high. When I am just in the PlayStation menu and all, UPS handles fine.
My PS4 pro alongwith smart TV is plugged into a old luminous ups it handles switch over perfectly fine.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Even I'm using APC 600V UPS but despite a rated capacity of 360W it can only handle my ps4 slim alone. 
I used to run a phat PS4 along with a monitor on a APC 600VA. Problem started only when I connected a TV as well to it. It should be able to easily handle a slim with a display also attached to the UPS considering Slim's power rating is even lesser than the orignal.

2 minutes ago, Monokuma said:

I used to run a phat PS4 along with a monitor on a APC 600VA. Problem started only when I connected a TV as well to it. It should be able to easily handle a slim with a display also attached to the UPS considering Slim's power rating is even lesser than the orignal.

Exactly. Doesn't handle a TV. When I pointed this out to the APC service executive, the only reply he had was that a 42inch TV will not work on this UPS despite the total load being well within the 360W range. 

My PS4 pro alongwith smart TV is plugged into a old luminous ups it handles switch over perfectly fine.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Even I'm using APC 600V UPS but despite a rated capacity of 360W it can only handle my ps4 slim alone. 
Exactly. Doesn't handle a TV. When I pointed this out to the APC service executive, the only reply he had was that a 42inch TV will not work on this UPS despite the total load being well within the 360W range. 

Apc Br1000 is the best budget ups. I use with my pc, TV and ps4 slim. Instant switch over regardless of what is on. 30 mins backup for pc running games. Longer if GPU is not being used.
From the look of it, APC is the culprit. Should have bought luminous

Apc Br1000 is the best budget ups. I use with my pc, TV and ps4 slim. Instant switch over regardless of what is on. 30 mins backup for pc running games. Longer if GPU is not being used.

My APC600 also worked well enough with the fat PS4, monitor and speaker connected. Problem started with Pro.

I am about to purchase 12 month ps plus for ps4 at 25% discount at about Rs.3329, wanted to just confirm if it has any hidden clauses or is it safe to buy ? Please reply asap as i am on ps4 and I'm going to buy the 12 m ok month sub.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

I am about to purchase 12 month ps plus for ps4 at 25% discount at about Rs.3329, wanted to just confirm if it has any hidden clauses or is it safe to buy ? Please reply asap as i am on ps4 and I'm going to buy the 12 m ok month sub.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Hidden clauses as in?

It should be safe provided you're getting it from a reputable source. 

57 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Bought it off ps store there is a promotion by sony till march 23, clauses as in i thought i might not get full benefit like the person who buys it for full price.

Man, you worry too much :P