slackerninja

The PS4 & Xbox One Thread - Part 2

1 hour ago, adity said:

That's how it works in India. Someone had gifted me amazon gift card. It had an expiry after redeeming. Do check. 

Only amazon.in gift cards have an expiration date. amazon.com cards don't have it, I think amazon.ca won't have either.

4 hours ago, hope said:

Installed the recent update. Now the ps4 is ejecting disc by itself :samui::samui: Happened twice with fifa :samui::samui:

f**k no man :fogug:

This is the only definitive solution:

I had tried all the other fixes before giving up and just doing this dam thing. Never had an issue ever since then. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, roun90 said:

You have a base PS4 right? You don't need to worry then. Just do 1 thing -

You see there is a line/divider between the the grey part where there are USB drives and the glossy part where you insert the disc? Take some weights, such as say 2 books or empty disc boxes. Keep one below the grey part and 1 below the glossy part where you insert the disc. Ensure that the line dividing them is free. 2 PS4 disc cases (1 for grey part and 1 for glossy part) are your best bet since they are of the same size, so one halp of the console will not be raised higher than the other.

And that's it, your problem should be solved.

Essentially, what happens is that below the line dividing the 2 sections, there is a rubber part. When it gets heated up, it expands, and when there is not room enough to expand, such as when your PS4 is kept on a table etc. it ejects your discs. So if your console is raised, while the line is free the rubber can expand and it will not eject your disc.

This is a problem with the base PS4, that was corrected in the Pro.

It happened with me as well. There is no problem with your console.

This is a temporary fix.

If you have someone at your house, who is good with a screwdriver, look at this video (ensure that you have a thin screwdriver, and look at the video carefully since it shows which screw to tighten) -

And this is a much more permanent solution. I had this problem as well. Initially keeping the weights helped. And once the problem started again, asked someone good with a screwdriver to do this. And I didn't have the problem since then.

This is not an update or software issue. It's a design problem in the base PS4 itself. And it's quite common. You can get it fixed quite easily and for free as well.

Thanks bro.Will try this if problem occurs again. Unplugged everything and restarted after some time. No issues after that. 

20 hours ago, ayush12ice said:

Hello.. do you have the regular PS4? 

If so, read about the ghost eject problem, mine had this problem as well... Even when it is switched off, it would turn itself on, just to eject the f**king disc. hahaha...

Ya launch ps4. Thats some weird problem lol. 

It's a pretty random thing. The first time it happened to me, i was surprised as well. 

Once i got back home and saw the disc hanging out of the ps4 and assumed someone must have pressed the eject button by mistake while dusting. hahahha

Anyway, for a temp no hassle fix, you can also just try keeping it vertical. It used to work for me. But i never felt that it is safe to keep it that way. 

Edit:

OT: What am I doing wrong? I just click the save once and let the request run in the background. I come back here and see a double post from me. :| 

Edited by ayush12ice

14 hours ago, ayush12ice said:

Edit:

OT: What am I doing wrong? I just click the save once and let the request run in the background. I come back here and see a double post from me. :| 

Happens to the best of us.

P.S. I have no clue. Something is odd about this forum, can find DPs in other threads too. 

I think refresh will definitely cause duplicate posts. Better to just close and reopen the tab.

7 hours ago, HEMAN said:

when you see it stuck at submitting or saving just refresh the page once.

The refresh always causes a double post for me, that's why i stopped doing it. Instead i just change to another tab after clicking submit and come back to it later. 

1 hour ago, ayush12ice said:

The refresh always causes a double post for me, that's why i stopped doing it. Instead i just change to another tab after clicking submit and come back to it later. 

Weird, refresh does not cause double post for me.