Official Xbox E3 2017 Thread

Yeah definitely in an ideal world, but i really don't understand why people support exclusives so much. As in how will their enjoyment be any lesser if the game is also available on another console.

Just curious.. which console you own..?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

No one wants exclusives. But everyone wants a reason to buy a console. If all games are available on all consoles, which console will you buy? The most powerful one? If yes, what's the point of buying the most powerful one if cheaper one can also play the same games? If you buy cheaper one, then it will sell most so what's the point of manufacturing the powerful one? If both consoles have same specs and same price, then which one you will buy? How will console manufacturers sell their consoles? Answer: Exclusive.

I mean the fact that I have to explain this goddamn simple common sense thing in 20f**king17 is bewildering. It's not a first console generation you know.

4 minutes ago, adity said:

Bragging rights bruh.
Also, without exclusives there is nothing to differentiate between consoles.
How do you think is sony able to outsell the Xbox 2 to 1

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Yeah that's the unfortunate reality. People just support it for the bragging rights. And that i think is unfortunate.

4 minutes ago, sobbii said:

Just curious.. which console you own..?

Neither, I play on the PC

2 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

No one wants exclusives. But everyone wants a reason to buy a console. If all games are available on all consoles, which console will you buy? The most powerful one? If yes, what's the point of buying the most powerful one if cheaper one can also play the same games? If you buy cheaper one, then it will sell most so what's the point of manufacturing the powerful one? If both consoles have same specs and same price, then which one you will buy? How will console manufacturers sell their consoles? Answer: Exclusive.

I mean the fact that I have to explain this goddamn simple common sense thing in 20f**king17 is bewildering. It's not a first console generation you know.

But that's their reason for coming up with exclusives, what is my as a consumer's reason to support it? I don't care how many consoles the company sells and how much profit they make i just want to play all the games on the console which I have bought. Bragging rights shouldn't be the reason i support exclusives.

But that's their reason for coming up with exclusives, what is my as a consumer's reason to support it? I don't care how many consoles the company sells and how much profit they make i just want to play all the games on the console which I have bought. Bragging rights shouldn't be the reason i support exclusives.

Thn i can understand why you undermine importance of exclusive.. its needed bro.. for console makers to move their sku.. shoe consumers how their console differentiate from other..

We as consumers are guaranteed quality games. I mean if you are actually a gamer then you will understand that. We won't have got franchises like Halo, Uncharted, God of War, Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda, etc etc if there companies were not trying to sell their consoles for exclusives. In fact imagine gaming with no console generations. There is nothing without exclusives. Whole console becomes moot if it doesn't have anything to sell.

12 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

We as consumers are guaranteed quality games. I mean if you are actually a gamer then you will understand that. We won't have got franchises like Halo, Uncharted, God of War, Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda, etc etc if there companies were not trying to sell their consoles for exclusives. In fact imagine gaming with no console generations. There is nothing without exclusives. Whole console becomes moot if it doesn't have anything to sell.

Except this is nonsense. PC gets a ton of exclusives and no one is trying to sell a PC. Entire genres and franchises have been born that have nothing to do with exclusivity. 

Its fanboy-o-vision that seems to equate walled gardens with innovation and quality. Good games get made regardless. They would have found other publishers. Maybe we would have lost some of those games. Maybe some better ones would have been made without the constraints of hardware limitations. Who knows. 

Stop corporate ball washing. 

10 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

Except this is nonsense. PC gets a ton of exclusives and no one is trying to sell a PC. Entire genres and franchises have been born that have nothing to do with exclusivity. 

Its fanboy-o-vision that seems to equate walled gardens with innovation and quality. Good games get made regardless. They would have found other publishers. Maybe we would have lost some of those games. Maybe some better ones would have been made without the constraints of hardware limitations. Who knows. 

Amen, couldn't have said it better.

Yeah good games like Bayonetta 2, Halo 1, Zelda Botw, Uncharted 2 would have got made regardless anyways lol.

I mean there is something called living in denial post E3 but this is beyond delusional.

54 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

What $60 exclusives have come to PCs recently or are coming in the near future? The economics for that don't make sense for PC gaming. But they absolutely do in the console space. The genres and franchises you're talking about are better suited to PCs than consoles. These are different markets with some overlap (And in this overlap is where we all fight).

His point about importance of exclusives in the current console environment makes sense. This is not a discussion about what constitutes a good game or a good exclusive. You will not see a AAA big budget game being developed exclusively for the PC. But you see it over and over again in the console space because it's a mutually beneficial partnership for the developer as well as the console manufacturer.

2 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

Just one thing, why are exclusives a good thing? In an ideal world every single game should me multi plat so that it can be played on the hardware you want. We as a consumer should have a choice to play the game wherever I want not buy a whole new console just for one game especially if you already have one console or a pc. Let the game be available on everything. And in that way it's a good thing MS dosent have any exclusive. Yeah they should not have used that word at all. Instead it have been like hey these games are available on every platform but we think it would run best on ours due to raw power. Much better approach.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

:rofl:

7 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

That was legit my favorite Xbox conference in absolutely years. 

So many great games and not a single console exclusive. I can buy whatever I want right on the PC itself, sure its the shitty windows store for some but I will live with that for games like Crackdown/Ori etc. If you had told me 5 years ago Crackdown 3 would be on the PC I  would have laughed in your face. 

God bless whoever came up the idea to force Xbox one games to the PC day and date. :kisstogether:

Edit Big ups to that sach guy and Ambar. I have NEVER seen any one try to downplay every single announcement so hard. That kind of fanboy desperation is what E3 is all about. <3 You guys. 

Funny thing is, i had more positive things to say about MS and their conference and the games that they showed than pretty much everyone that posted during that time. Only thing i laughed about was the use of 'Console launch exclusive'. I am really glad to see that you still shitpost pretty much all the time and have absolutely no clue what you are talking about most of the times :kisstogether:

On 6/12/2017 at 7:12 AM, playstation said:

I really dont understand what gaming is for Microsoft...it was not about big games also it was on one hand they are saying look we have worlds most powerful console but on the other hand not having even more than a couple of games to show its true nature....so fayda kya hai phir mid generation mein isko launch karne ka......this is not for anyone tbh.....because  if someone has xbox one already will he buy a $499 console just to play Forza 7 and Metro in 4k...because rest indie games toh koi 4k ke liya toh nahi kharita........

I am no  expert in business or the management team goes to study but basic idea is lost here as i still did not find a single reason from the Press Conference to introduce xbox one x....this console is not for anyone right now....

Sorry for the long post, but this is my take on this :

Xbox entered the gaming scene when the strategy of MS was to be on all the devices in your living room - they wanted to be on TV, music player, gaming console, mobile phone and so on.  This was perhaps their idea of being future proof at that time and diversify their revenue stream.  So they spent billions investing in such devices acquiring studios and investing in new IPs in the past 2 generations.  But over time, industry changed, and they failed to anticipate 2 things :

1. The drastic industry shift to cloud computing

2. The huge growth of smartphones & android OS

Both of which kind of nullified all of their strategy of invading your home entertainment.  Why would any company pay MS to run windows on their device when they can get a free version of android which they can customize to their will ?  

In the corporate side (which used to bring most of their revenues), the tectonic shift to move away from workstations to cloud, altered their core business of selling licenses and making money via windows and office applications.  So now, they had to shift  into subscription based revenue model using the cloud, playing nice with other OS' to keep themselves from being extinct (afaik, they are doing mighty good there !).  

In this huge shift from devices->cloud,  being present on the consumer devices made no sense anymore.  So, they seem to have more or less abandoned their consumer device / home entertainment strategy.  Xbox still exists as it was alreay in an advanced stage much before this shift to cloud happened inside MS.  I feel that if Satya Nadella would've been elected as CEO during the x360 phase, he would have killed this Xbox One project long ago.  

So, now, it looks like gaming strategy for MS is :

1. Services - make money by providing software and related services (mainly at the platform / infra level)  for gaming 2. Build an android/ios kind of app store on PC where users can buy/sell games, pay a monthly sub for playing online etc.  

I doubt if we'll see any more consoles from MS in the future !

Phil Spencer wants to bring OG Xbox emulation and Xbox Game Pass to PC.

"I want people to be able to play games!" he said. "[Emulation] is hard. [Xbox] 360 specifically is a PowerPC chip, emulated to x86, which is difficult. It's a little bit easier when you have a fixed spec, when you think about Xbox, Xbox One S, and Xbox One X. And you think of the variable specs of the PC space, so you're taking a fixed-spec PowerPC emulator and then moving it over to run on PC, so there's a lot of work there.

"The original Xbox, OG Xbox, is a little bit easier, because that was an x86 chip it was running on. Obviously when we think about UWP and the ability for games to run across console and PC, we're getting closer. I want developers to be able to build portable applications, which is why we've been focusing on UWP for games and even apps that want to run on multiple devices.

"So I think we've got work to go do there, but I think it's in our future."

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

Sorry for the long post, but this is my take on this :

Xbox entered the gaming scene when the strategy of MS was to be on all the devices in your living room - they wanted to be on TV, music player, gaming console, mobile phone and so on.  This was perhaps their idea of being future proof at that time and diversify their revenue stream.  So they spent billions investing in such devices acquiring studios and investing in new IPs in the past 2 generations.  But over time, industry changed, and they failed to anticipate 2 things :

1. The drastic industry shift to cloud computing

2. The huge growth of smartphones & android OS

I think this is where microsoft has gone wrong.......the entertainment has definitely evolved but core gaming has not....which is why Sony and specially  Nintendo still manage to sell out of stock ...Microsoft failed to understand gaming as a whole that is the truth imo.....instead of putting money in diversifying their line up they kept spending money on stupid things like Kinect ....kinect might have sold too good but it was never a long term gaming thing...Sony tried same thign with move too and that failed too...they were spending millions on marketing and acquring dlc rights and instead of bringing in quality studios they just went and got the  games....Gears ...Halo cannot have same appeal as Mario.....Sony on the other hand has bought in amazing talents in gaming over  the decades ........look at their owned studios....almost all of them are giving very  good games if not masterpieces and working on different genres .....If any gamer has to buy one console he will definitely see more choices in PS4 because it not only has great exclusives its powerful enough to support third party games too....its perfectly balanced console....Nintendo is close second choice but than it still does not balance well if someone also very much wants to enjoy big budget third party games.... the fact is Microsoft has their priorities wrong they are like gali ka kutta ...na ghar ka na ghat ka......they have 3 consoles for this gen but none of them is making enough sense to buy specially if you are going to buy only one of the three....

1 hour ago, playstation said:

Sony tried same thign with move too and that failed too...they were spending millions on marketing and acquring dlc rights and instead of bringing in quality studios they just went and got the  games....Gears ...Halo cannot have same appeal as Mario.....Sony on the other hand has bought in amazing talents in gaming over  the decades ........look at their owned studios....almost all of them are giving very  good games if not masterpieces and working on different genres .....If any gamer has to buy one console he will definitely see more choices in PS4 because it not only has great exclusives its powerful enough to support third party games too....its perfectly balanced console....

Toh tu kab le raha PS or Switch to play all those masterpieces :P

6 hours ago, playstation said:

Jab tak tera wish nahi pura hojata to own "the Worlds most powerful console".....main nahi lunga ps4...

Main tujhey base model lene ko bol raha hoon PS4 ka. Mere pass base model hai X1 ka. No need to buy Pro

.  Scorpio India mein launch hoga toh hi lunga warranty k saath aise nahi.. Jab tak wait karega? Lol 

7 hours ago, playstation said:

Jab tak tera wish nahi pura hojata to own "the Worlds most powerful console".....main nahi lunga ps4...

Can Mods change the Display Name of this Guy :P

Archived