Assassin's Creed: Origins

Big Boss

3 hours ago, Ne0 said:

Its for players who want to have all the good things the game offers, without working for it.  Whether its right or wrong is debatable. For the more hardcore gamers, it feels like these features kill the incentive to play the game as it should've been played. But for the more casual type, someone in a rush playing just 1-2 hours a week, features such as these help you to enjoy them a jiffy.  For ex: you can directly jump and get the fastest car, without spending hundreds of hours to level up for the same.  

The ugly part is when something is intentionally kept behind a paywall, with no way to earn it legitimately.  That just plain sucks to have in SP, since you have bought the game at full price and expect everything to be accessible.

I kind of get the justification for paid "loot boxes" that companies give (if if I don't agree with it). What I don't understand is currency that can be "earned" by playing the game (usually grinding). If it can be earned in-game and you don't have a cash shop, then why add unnecessary complexity?

What you said describes the business model of games like Warframe but it works for that game because the game is free to play and is closer to an MMO. There's no reason why a single player full priced game like AC should have a special currency type that can be earned in-game (and not sold separately). It's not like it's cutting the grind for players with limited time. If anything it's making stuff even harder to acquire. Just build all of this into the basic game economy and progression like games did in the past. It basically reeks of the company wanting to add microtransactions but probably backed off at the last moment because of all the negativity surrounding it.

Anyone else find it ridiculous, that in the beginning, when you are in the treasure vault, you can only pick up chump change from old boxes. Bayek should literally be swimming in gold at the beginning. The gold coins and items are literally at his feet. Yet he can only pick up some 4-5 gold coins and items from each some obscure boxes in some corner.

EditGraphics are amazing. Visually the game looks just too good. Also I'm able to get almost 50 fps on my 1070 at everything ultra except shadows (At very high) at 1440p resolution. But the way the camel mount moves is just ridiculous.

Edited by roun90

21 minutes ago, roun90 said:

. Also I'm able to get almost 50 fps on my 1070 at everything ultra except shadows (At very high) at 1440p resolution. But the way the camel mount moves is just ridiculous.

Hmmm..

Wonder if GTX 970 will be able to churn out 50 FPS at 1080P

13 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

As for Helix credits, no, you cannot earn in-game. However, MT is fine since it doesn't affect the game at all. It's always been there anyway. 

What about that unicorn type of horse which can be earned only by buying helix credits? Everything should be available in game and not locked behind paywall. 

Well, Gosunoob is reporting that it is locked behind a paywall. 

PC Gamer is quoting that you can unlock in-game via challenges.

Kotaku says you get 200 for finishing the game's prologue. Other than that, you'll have to spend real money to get them.

Unicorns are special mounts available only if you have Helix coins – the currency that you have to buy with real money. It will cost you 500 Helix Credits which is approximately $5.

There is also another mount - Sand Dweller - Another mount available for the the same price as Unicorn, 500 Helix coins. You can get it only if you spend $5. “Intricate patterns sheared into this camel’s fur tell the history of the gods in pictorial form.”

I'll check today after I get my copy. 

Getting a pretty stable 45 fps with most settings on High and a couple on Medium/Very-High with a 970 and i5 3550.

I'm satisfied with that coz the game looks absolutely stunning, especially at dawn with the sunlit fog rolling in.

As far as the game itself goes, it has turned out to be everything I'd hoped for with tons of interesting sh*t to do and explore in a truly captivating setting with a strong sense of place.

I can already see this eating up a major chunk of my free time for the next few weeks.

EDIT: I was initially getting stuck in an infinite loading screen. Verifying the game cache fixed it for me.

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 1

Visuals:

-Dynamic Resolution according to rendering load
- PS4 Pro: 1350p to 1540p 
- OG PS4: 1080p for most part but can drop
- Minor artifact aside does not seem like Pro uses Checker Boarding
- Pro offers noticeable improvement in image quality thanks to it's temporal components
- Otherwise in terms of core visual features are identical in PS4 Pro and OG.
- Occasional scenes show better texture quality on Pro (Could be streaming bug).
- Texture filtering, mipmaps and Ambient Occlusion are improved on Pro.
- PS4 Pro supports super sampling for 1080p TV's.

Performance:
- PS4 Pro holds 30 FPS for most of the time. But alpha based effects and lots of NPCs can cause minor drops (~28 FPS).
- But drops can also cause frame time spikes which make it seem worse.
- In cut-scenes frame date drops to low 20's with frequent stuttering.
- OG PS4 has performance quiet similar to PS4 Pro.
- More demanding scenes cause more and longer stretches of drops on OG.
- Cut-scenes are equally bad.

Xbox One is more aggressive with its scaling - we've only had limited time with the Microsoft code so far, but we've noted 792p, 864p and 900p pixel-counts.

Very early tests on Xbox One possibly suggests that extreme distance detail may be slightly cut, but otherwise, there's very little to tell each version apart

Xbox One is 1-2fps behind PlayStation 4 in areas where the Sony console can't hit its performance target.

One X version analysis when console is out. 

You can climb anything in this game. Even mountains.  

Game is fantastic. Loving the new rpg mechanics and insane level of freedom game gives you :D

AI still sh*t and combat definitely better but still easy. Hopefully it will get challenging later. 

No collectibles in the game but over 100 quests which always give you cool rewards. :D

Edited by WhiteWolf

22 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Looking for challenge in a*s assins creed game? Lulz!

I increased the difficulty and it's really challenging now. Archers are annoying and those brutes can 1 shot you. 

Combat is not as simple as previous games 

What a game. E2LURxq.png

Love when everything just WORKS so smooth, mainly in Assassin's Creed game. 

Looks gorgeous. My goodness. Easily one of the best looking game and this is without HDR. dAunm86.png

The characters are good so far. Didn't thought I'd like Bayek so early itself. 

A great amount of content with good customization and unlockables. 

The story is shaping up well. 

The quests don't feel filler; at least not yet. The map is SO HUGE. Easily the biggest from Ubisoft game and without collectables.

Can't wait to explore everything.

Twitch Prime loot is available now while Monster Drink stuff unlocks at level 5. R7KEU4I.png

whAQ6x0.jpg

Edited by Heaven Angel