Assassin's Creed: Origins

Big Boss

Finally made it to Alexandria (in the most anti-climactic way possible - chasing a side mission target). Got the hidden blade and a shave.

I think I might stop exploring every "?" on the map and just focus on the side missions and main story while only doing the ?s if I'm really close to them. I really don't want to burn myself out and end up not finishing the game like 60% of the Assassin's Creeds I've played.

4 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Finally made it to Alexandria (in the most anti-climactic way possible - chasing a side mission target). Got the hidden blade and a shave.

I think I might stop exploring every "?" on the map and just focus on the side missions and main story while only doing the ?s if I'm really close to them. I really don't want to burn myself out and end up not finishing the game like 60% of the Assassin's Creeds I've played.

If you want Legendary loot then you better explore all  ?  signs ;)

14 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Well I am super OCD when it comes to open world games so chances are I'll still hit every "?" anyway. Does anyone know how long the game is btw?

70-100+ hours. But at given rate, might as well take more than that. 

I'm going to play it slowly without burning myself as there is so much to do in every location. 

Started the game and it is really interesting. Solid voice acting, characters are not bland, side missions are better, overall looks good. However it is disgusting to see how much awesome gear is hidden behind pay walls. 

Yeah, even though it is a random drop from the chest, you can still acquire everything using in-game gold. 

Reda will appear once you progress a little. A camel icon on the map will pop-up. 3000g and you can buy infinite times. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

Anyone with an older CPU? How is the game holding up for you?
The game has a VM on top of Denuvo to constantly check licence massively slowing down the game. The pcmasterrace subreddit says people are experiencing very high cpu utilization in uber fast processors.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Yup...eating CPU.

You know what's funny? When this thing does get *cough cough*..... The *cough* version will run better.

19 hours ago, HEMAN said:

Well I am able to get a solid 60fps lock Ultra settings @1440p and 1080p but it looks soft, so i am sticking to 4K @30fps with rivatuner, Frametime is buttery smooth and no dips anywhere. This game needs to played at Max settings its so beautiful. You too should try maxing out and locking it to 1080p @30fps. 

Tried a bunch of different settings but it looks like I've become much too used to playing this at 45fps to go back to 30 now :P.

I'm also playing it on a TV, sitting about 10-12 feet away. So the bump in visual fidelity isn't as noticeable to me as the framerate dip.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

This Month in Assassin’s Creed Origins – November

Updates:

• We are planning to deploy a title update in November that will ready it for the launch of the Xbox One X, improving stability, and adding additional support for HDR on all supported platforms. 
  • We will continue to be closely supporting Assassin’s Creed® Origins into post-launch with future Title Updates. 

Trials of the Gods:

• It is time to face the ultimate boss battle. If you think you are ready to hunt down some Egyptian Gods, you are free to try very soon. Victorious players will be rewarded with some legendary loot.
  • The first god you will be able to face is Anubis, starting November 7. We’ll have an article with more details about the Trials of the Gods and your battle with the Egyptian God of the Dead coming very soon!

Additions to the In-Game Store:

Throughout the month of November, we will be releasing various in-game items that include new weapons and a new mount. The Nightmare Pack and First Civilization Pack will be available for purchase in the in-game store with Helix Credits.

• Roman Centurion Pack – November 7
  • Nightmare Pack – November 14
  • Horus Pack – November 21
  • First Civilization Pack – November 28 

dlcpack.centurion_305145.jpgdlcpack.horus_305146.jpg

Before anyone complains: You will also be able to get items from these two packs via the Heka Chests in the Nomad Bazaar.

helix_ace_postlaunch_horrorpack_featured

Can't wait. 00kjQDK.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Small spoiler, please be careful of what you post. These minor things ruin the experience. 

Don't worry, I'm usually careful with real spoilers. It's an AC game, of course you'd get it at some point! And it's very early in the game. Let's not turn this forum into NeoGAF pls.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

200 + hours 

Let me put it another way. How long is the game without actively trying to do everything and clearing all landmarks on the map? The story + side quests can't be 200 hours right? I can tell doing everything will take a long time just by looking at the size of the map and how dense the regions are.

BTW I'm loving the little papyrus puzzles, they aren't hard at all but it's fun solving the little riddles and getting some decent loot.