Assassin's Creed: Origins

Big Boss

7 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Let me put it another way. How long is the game without actively trying to do everything and clearing all landmarks on the map? The story + side quests can't be 200 hours right? I can tell doing everything will take a long time just by looking at the size of the map and how dense the regions are.

BTW I'm loving the little papyrus puzzles, they aren't hard at all but it's fun solving the little riddles and getting some decent loot.

It's about ~70-100 hours if you plan to complete main and side quests along with some activities on the way. 

About ~15 regions have main quests and ~20 have side quests. Each region gives 1-10 quests based on the region size. 

Example: Faiyum has ~10 side quests while Ka-Khem Nome has only 1. 

There are also Arenas, Hippodrome, Hunting grounds, Papyri puzzles, Stone circles, War elephants, Tombs, Hermits, Ptolemy, Strongholds. Apart from that, we also have daily quests, world events and Phylakes. 

You cannot wipe the map clean at all since dynamic/radiant quests keep popping. The OCD is going to kick in soon. kralNej.png

• Like 2

Just now, Joe Cool said:

It's about ~70-100 hours if you plan to complete main and side quests along with some activities on the way. 

About ~15 regions have main quests and ~20 have side quests. Each region gives 1-10 quests based on the region size. 

Example: Faiyum has ~10 side quests while Ka-Khem Nome has only 1. 

There are also Arenas, Hippodrome, Hunting grounds, Papyri puzzles, Stone circles, War elephants, Tombs, Hermits, Ptolemy, Strongholds. Apart from that, we also have daily quests, world events and Phylakes. 

You cannot wipe the map clean at all since dynamic/radiant quests keep popping. The OCD is going to kick in soon. kralNej.png

Thanks! Somehow missed your earlier post. This is helpful. It's best if I keep playing it along side other stuff then.

Assassin's Creed Origins Metacritic Flooded With Fake Positive User Reviews

A barrage of fake user reviews has hit the Metacritic page for Assassin’s Creed Origins, all of them positive, and all of them gibberish.

“Ways better than assassins creed unity and assassins creed syndicate,” reads a review that appears roughly a dozen times, each from a different username. “it is more mature and bayek is interseting character, and de historical characters are handeld well.”

It’s not clear just how many of Assassin’s Creed Origins’ Metacritic reviews are fake, but the game currently has an 8.0 user rating from over 600 reviews. Just one scan through the page is enough to notice that something is fishy, even by Metacritic user review standards. There are a number of blurbs repeated among different reviews, and quite a bit of nonsensical English.

In an e-mail to Kotaku, Metacritic boss Marc Doyle said that this sort of thing has happened before. “It’s not a frequent occurrence - maybe 2 - 3 games a year,” Doyle said. “And yes, we’ve been aware of this case, and we’ve been moderating those reviews (and suspending those accounts - most off of which had one single review in their history). The people doing it appear to be changing it up with the chunk of text they keep replicating, but our moderators are working overtime to combat it.”

Metacritic’s user reviews are not as pivotal to the video game industry as the site’s Metascores, determined by reviews from professional and hobbyst game outlets, which are used across developers and publishers to gauge the quality of video games, hand out bonuses, and help companies decide what games to pursue next. But “user score” and reviews are still prominent on every video game’s Metacritic page.

link

Metacritic user reviews have always been and always will be completely useless. A game either gets a 0 or a 10 and are reviewed in one sentence or less. It doesn't have any sort of verification. You can make an account and leave a review without even playing it. 

You are better off looking at Steam user reviews. 

Edited by Heaven Angel

39 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

So you completed all Tombs?  Nice. 

How long it took you and how many tombs are there? 

You are playing the game right?. 

Spoiler

I dont know how many i was only interested in silica for the armor. Is there any way to check how many are there and how many have been completed. I am playing side quest, ? locations more than main quests.

I thought I should play this game after I'm done with EW2 but all of a sudden I saw so many negative reviews on steam because Ubisoft decided to screw this game and make it even worse for their consumers instead of improving. Well done Ubisoft! .. 

10 hours ago, HEMAN said:

You are playing the game right?. 

Reveal hidden contents

I dont know how many i was only interested in silica for the armor. Is there any way to check how many are there and how many have been completed. I am playing side quest, ? locations more than main quests.

Silica is only available inside Tombs, right?

I have completed 5 tombs so far and have around 15 silica.

6 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Silica is only available inside Tombs, right?

Most of them are, yes. 

A unique glass fragment found in tombs and used as a decorative ornament. This strange substance has an eerie feeling. The number of  Silica available is limited to 80, with most found in the tombs. A few are scattered throughout deserts. Once the maximum number has been found, you can no longer collect more.

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:11 PM, Joe Cool said:

Reda will appear once you progress a little. A camel icon on the map will pop-up. 3000g and you can buy infinite times. 

The blue icon camel right. I have been doing daily quest to get armor/weapons.

But, I didn't quite understand this 3000g and infinite times thing. Can you please elaborate?

Yes, the blue camel icon. You will find Reda there. 

When you talk to him, you can buy 2 items from him.

1. Carbon Crystal - only 30 available and you will need those if you plan to upgrade to the Heka Chesthighest level.

2. Heka Chest - costs 3000 and you can keep buying it an infinite amount of times as long you have drachmas for it. 

Heka Chest gives you one random loot. Usually epic or legendary. I opened 3 and got 3 legendary weapons. It's pretty neat and rewarding to open from time to time to get some unique/different items. 

They also change weekly and add new items. So don't forget to check. tw1Jdja.png

__

I found dismantling gear is less profitable as they give only basic crafting mats. It's better to collect and sell it and use those drachmas to buy crafting mats directly.