Assassin's Creed: Origins

Big Boss

This is one of the best AC game till date. How the sign originated and the Creed itself. Really good game. Highly recommended. Small things for example seamless transition between running and mounting the horse/camel fire arrows when close to fire source. They really paid attention to details. Overall a fantastic experience. I have only completed main quests and some loot based side quests. A lot of things are still too be done.

For me, it's the most detailed looking game to date. Every little thing has enough detail to grab your attention. Every place I go, I get awe-struck and end up taking photos. Yes, it's that good. en08afI.png

As for ranking among AC games, right there with II and Black Flag overall. Kudos to Ubisoft for taking a year off and putting a tonne of effort in making Origins. 

No complaints whatsoever; which is extremely rare for Ubisoft games. 

Just now, Joe Cool said:

For me, it's the most detailed looking game to date. Every little thing has enough detail to grab your attention. Every place I go, I get awe-struck and end up taking photos. Yes, it's that good. en08afI.png

As for ranking among AC games, right there with II and Black Flag overall. Kudos to Ubisoft for taking a year off and putting a tonne of effort in making Origins. 

1 minute ago, Joe Cool said:

I second the comments about attention to detail and I love how smooth everything feels. I've been methodically clearing areas in each sector and I like that it's a relatively fast process.

I'm really enjoying Light Bows btw, it's like using an SMG in close quarters lol.

Edited by Tyler

1 minute ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Is it correct to assume that if your rig can run Syndicate, then Origins would run OK as well?

All the hullabaloo about performance has kept me on fence.

Can't say, what are your specs? The game hammers the CPU constantly for some reason (100% on all cores) but performance is stable for me (60 fps outside cities, 54 avg inside on an i5 4670K/1070). Also the game is a huge visual upgrade over Syndicate (at least for my eyes) and is a lot bigger with denser environments.

Yup, I have to commend ubi on the attention to detail. Around 20 hours in, wasted a lot of time roaming around. Phylakes are a pain, I always end up fighting them and die. Even on normal, I cant manage unless I am a level or two above them. Most of the other enemies are fine even if they are one or two level above me but not Phylakes.

Yep, that happened accidentally in my very first hour of play. At first I thought I had found some special bow with fire damage was like - wait I didn't think this was that kind of a game.

Coming fresh of breath of the wild, first thing I did after getting a bow is trying to light an arrow [emoji14]

Just now, Tyler said:

Can't say, what are your specs? The game hammers the CPU constantly for some reason (100% on all cores) but performance is stable for me (60 fps outside cities, 54 avg inside on an i5 4670K/1070). Also the game is a huge visual upgrade over Syndicate (at least for my eyes) and is a lot bigger with denser environments.

Mine is an antique rig with an i5 3.2 ghz/760. Runs Wolfenstein II just fine though in High settings.

The patch was supposed to improve the performance though.

3 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Mine is an antique rig with an i5 3.2 ghz/760. Runs Wolfenstein II just fine though in High settings.

My friend is on the similar right. i5 + GTX 760 and the game runs fine. At least 30 fps with mixed settings. 

The latest patch does improve PC performance to some extent.

4 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Which generation i5, also, that GPU is going to be trouble. 

2 minutes ago, b!T said:

Coming fresh of breath of the wild, first thing I did after getting a bow is trying to light an arrow emoji14.png

Haven't played BotW (don't own a Switch yet)... :(

Just now, R3D_D3ViL said:

I honestly didn't see a performance increase with the latest patch. I'd suggest checking with people who are playing on those specs. Theoretically it should work on medium to high settings but you never know. The game isn't well optimized and I see a lot of conflicting reports about performance. 

1 minute ago, ALPHA17 said:

Which generation i5, also, that GPU is going to be trouble. 

For the love of God, I am not at all able to remember the model no of the i5 sitting in the office now, maybe 3rd or 4th gen. The GPU had managed to just about push me through most of the games this generation with obvious compromises in details.

How's the game performing on base PS4?

Just now, R3D_D3ViL said:

For the love of God, I am not at all able to remember the model no of the i5 sitting in the office now, maybe 3rd or 4th gen. The GPU had managed to just about push me through most of the games this generation with obvious compromises in details.

You might have to lock the frame-rate to 30fps for a consistent experience.

1 minute ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

GTX 760 + i5-4670K runs the game at 45-50fps on medium settings. But locking it down to 30fps will give you stable experience.