Assassin's Creed: Origins

Big Boss

Reviews for the new DLC seems to be good. Did anyone play it yet?

• The Curse of the Pharaohs is a big step outside of what we're used to seeing from Assassin's Creed Origins, and it pulls its whimsically mystical journey off well. Combat continues to be fun and challenging, and this time your biggest foes are fleshed out and varied enough to turn what could've easily been a monotonous series of fights into a highlight. Along with the side activities of hunting down stolen relics and exploring desecrated tombs, this surreal DLC goes above and beyond expectations.
  • An example of a well delivered DLC, which offers an interesting and different approach to the main game. You will enjoy Egypt once again, despite doing the same routines.
  • Curse of the Pharaohs is an expansion with full game flavor. An unbeatable level of quality/price ratio that we did not see since Blood & Wine for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt or Hot Wheels for Forza Horizon 3.
  • At the end of Curse of the Pharaohs, I was very happy to have spent another weekend in Bayek's world. Ubisoft have offered exactly what you loved about Origins plus some fun twists from the afterlife on the side.
  • With the Curse of the Pharaohs, Ubisoft finally delivers a strong DLC which plays the fantastic card to push the series forward. Yes, the adventure stills uses the same tricks and twists used a thousand times before, but the beautiful Thebes and After-Life visuals will make the 20-hour long series of events fly in the blink of an eye.

Started the game late last week. It's my first AC since 2. I did play a bit of unity and liberation but I didn't enjoy either. This one however is so damn good. The world is great, the quests are fun and there's never a dull moment. I guess I should play AC every 4 years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Walker said:

Started the game late last week. It's my first AC since 2. I did play a bit of unity and liberation but I didn't enjoy either. This one however is so damn good. The world is great, the quests are fun and there's never a dull moment. I guess I should play AC every 4 years.

Easily among best open world game in recent years. 

28 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Easily among best open world game in recent years. 

Definitely feels like it. For fun I'd say this and Dying Light are the best I've played in a long time. 

My last AC game was AC2,,I have Brotherhood,Revelations,AC3,Black Flag and the side scrollers platforming games ( china,russia and india). Is there still in story continuity in Origins ?

Edited by kemosabe

20 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

My last AC game was AC2,,I have Brotherhood,Revelations,AC3,Black Flag and the side scrollers platforming games ( china,russia and india). Is there still in story continuity in Origins ?

Origins is the prequel story to the entire AC series. The game and it's expansions show how the Assassins and Templars were formed. You do not have to play the previous games. In fact, I would recommend you play this game, as you would get bored if you keep on playing the old AC games before playing Origins. Origins is a vast improvement over the past AC games.

25 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Origins is the prequel story to the entire AC series. The game and it's expansions show how the Assassins and Templars were formed. You do not have to play the previous games. In fact, I would recommend you play this game, as you would get bored if you keep on playing the old AC games before playing Origins. Origins is a vast improvement over the past AC games.

thanks mate..Once I am done with Madmax, i will jump into it

• 3 weeks later...

This Month in Assassin’s Creed® Origins – April

Animus Control Panel

For the first time in an Assassin’s Creed game, players will be able to tweak some game parameters to create their own game experience, thanks to the Animus Control Panel for PC.

The Animus Control Panel will be deployed on PC later this month. Ever fancied having three animal companions? The Animus Control Panel is your go-to.

• 75 parameters within 11 categories
  • Three pre-created presets available
  • Presets created by players can be shared on a dedicated forum
  • The Animus Control Panel is embedded in Uplay Library’s page

S9zKsZQ.jpg

poIMFg2.jpg

Awesome! 1r8Rww8.png 

This Month in Assassin’s Creed[emoji768] Origins – April

Animus Control Panel
For the first time in an Assassin’s Creed game, players will be able to tweak some game parameters to create their own game experience, thanks to the Animus Control Panel for PC.
The Animus Control Panel will be deployed on PC later this month. Ever fancied having three animal companions? The Animus Control Panel is your go-to.
  • 75 parameters within 11 categories
  • Three pre-created presets available
  • Presets created by players can be shared on a dedicated forum
  • The Animus Control Panel is embedded in Uplay Library’s page
S9zKsZQ.jpg
poIMFg2.jpg

Awesome! 1r8Rww8.png 
Interesting..my earlier experience with AC games are towards end player become too powerful and enemy does not scale enough..I like games giving me options to prepare for epic boss fights which are challenging enough but not frustrating level like metal gear rising

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I have been playing this for a little while now. Fantastic game, LOVING it!

My only complaint is the modern day crap. Do people actually enjoy it? Its just absolutely garbage. Twice I have been pulled out of the "simulation" and its brought the enjoyment just crashing down.

It is genuinely annoying to be pulled out of an amazing place you are having fun in to go through this modern day story crap. Why they havent ditched it completely is beyond me. 

Anyway, super fun game otherwise. Really digging the combat overhaul. Its not Dark Souls but its such an improvement over the shitty combat of the last few AC games I played. 

I think I am like halfway through and just utterly shocked at how good this game is . It is the best open world game I have played in years. Better than The Witcher 3, GTA V etc. 

The amount of content in there is just staggering. There is always something else to do. 

And holy f**k it looks absolutely stunning!

Even at work I am thinking about the game and cant wait to go home and get stuck into it again. Its been a while since I felt that addicted to a game. :D

On 5/9/2018 at 9:25 PM, Walker said:

The modern day stuff is crappy. I wish they'd just move away from it entirely. No one even gives a sh*t about it. Waste of resources.

They are moving away from the modern day stuff. The modern day protagonist segment is very brief, and this is the only game after AC3, where we even had a mane and face for the modern day protagonist.

Unfortunately, they cannot move away from the modern day completely. The main reason is that the series story cannot go forward without the modern day segment. After AC3, the series story has essentially stagnated. We don't know what's happening to the Assassin's and Templars after the events of AC3. They need to find some compromise, where they can still tell the modern day story while not making the players feel stuck or bored with it.

If they completely ignore modern day altogether, then the most we will have is stuff like Syndicate or Unity, where you are a faceless Abstergo employee. They might as well just ditch the entire thing then, and just tell that the Animus is available in the market now and you are just a VR customer playing a game. No story of Assasssins or Templars at all.

• 2 weeks later...