Assassin's Creed: Origins

Big Boss

1 hour ago, GameAnalyzer said:

Started the game played like 4-5hours so far. Liking the game a lot. The graphics are really good. :wub:

Is it necessary to level up to do main quest? Or you can start anyway? Because so far I am doing both (main & side ) quests.

Yes, there is a recommended level for each quest. If you are under level it will be very tough. One hit and your health goes half down. Also if attack don't much damage. Recommended to at least be at the same level as if enemies in a quest. 

Guess it's happening. 

https://kotaku.com/new-leak-reveals-assassins-creed-odyssey-set-in-ancien-1826454752

The next Assassin’s Creed is called Odyssey and will take place in ancient Greece, according to a new report from the French site JeuxVideoLive, which adds that Odyssey is a sequel to last year’s Assassin’s Creed Origins. Kotaku can confirm this report.

A tipster also sent Kotaku their own shots of the key chain, which is arriving at gaming stores across the world today:

pza2goh.png

E6UklxZ.png

7 hours ago, GameAnalyzer said:

Is it necessary to level up to do main quest? Or you can start anyway? Because so far I am doing both (main & side ) quests.

The level indicators are listed as soon as you get each quest. A 'red' marked level is pretty obvious for being very hard, so don't waste your time attempting it. I'm at level 45 with every accessory upgrade maxed out, yet some group encounters will still plummet my health real quickly. Finish off the side quests as that would net you a good amount of XP and some of the side quests are surprisingly good.

Use 'The Fang' sickle if you have the 'Digital Deluxe Pre-Order' copy of the game. It's a bonus sickle sword which does a really good damage and inflicts poison on each hit. The best thing is that the heavy attack would break the shield stances of the enemies as well. It will get you through  a lot of the initial encounters with ease.

Remember to upgrade your weapons only at a higher level as money is this game is really a massive grind and each weapon upgrade level costs drachma. Another tip is to use Senu as much as possible before the encounter to scope the area out and take a stealthier approach to assassinate everyone rather than going Rambo, especially in forts which are guarded heavily. Oh and stay away from the Phylakes and don't even bother battling them till you're at a higher level (35 and above). 

At around level 11/12 and I'm bored out of my mind with this game.  I'm in Alexandria right now and don't really get the praise the game has been receiving here.  It's been just one dull mission after the other.  The cities are so pretty yet so lifeless at the same time.  Feels like those 80s movie sets  that used to be in the background.  Combat, weapons are as lame as the side quests.    Why do I need to call semu every time I approach a quest is beyond me!  The whole leveling up system is a big joke, hardly any powers in the tree that's even remotely interesting. 

Sorry for the rant, but I feel so frustrated having bought the digital copy now.  I want to complete it so that I can get some free space in my hdd(I just can't bring myself to spend my bw on re-downloading this in case I deleted it), but damn is the gaming boring or what !  I should have bought a physical copy.  Could've just sold it and moved on :-/

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2018 at 11:19 AM, Ne0 said:

At around level 11/12 and I'm bored out of my mind with this game.  I'm in Alexandria right now and don't really get the praise the game has been receiving here.  It's been just one dull mission after the other.  The cities are so pretty yet so lifeless at the same time.  Feels like those 80s movie sets  that used to be in the background.  Combat, weapons are as lame as the side quests.    Why do I need to call semu every time I approach a quest is beyond me!  The whole leveling up system is a big joke, hardly any powers in the tree that's even remotely interesting. 

Sorry for the rant, but I feel so frustrated having bought the digital copy now.  I want to complete it so that I can get some free space in my hdd(I just can't bring myself to spend my bw on re-downloading this in case I deleted it), but damn is the gaming boring or what !  I should have bought a physical copy.  Could've just sold it and moved on :-/

This is exactly how I felt and stopped playing. Extremely dull game.

Edited by Big Boss

On 08/06/2018 at 8:49 PM, Ne0 said:

You're not alone. The only reason it got the praise is because it changed up the formula, and the last 2 AC games have been kind of sh*t. And its pretty faithful in recreating the ancient Egypt. Otherwise its pretty much by the numbers Ubisoft open world snoozefest. 

Yup. Started it 2-3 days ago and just met Cleopatra and so far the missions are very lifeless. The combat itself isn't that good and the ranged combat is joke compared to horizons bow and arrow combat mechanics. Egypt is beautifully re-created but someone please tell ubisoft that bigger world's doesn't necessarily mean better. I just uncovered 20-25% of the map and already feel the open world is too big. 

Man and I thought I was the only one who was not enjoying the game. The game is fun for a bit but then gets super boring and repetitive super fast. Plus the story is horrible. Absolutely no explanation of the Egyptian lore the most important thing I was looking out for. I was hoping it would dive deep into who the gods are, why they are associated with what they are, why the pyramid were build, why are there Greek/Roman people in Egypt and tell all this through the game quests. But we got nothing or whatever we got was pretty meh. What's the point of such a lore heavy location if you are gonna use that generic they killed my son I kill everyone lore.

And the quest themselves are nothing special. The same boring stuff we been used to for so long. I really did not know why this game was super hyped beyond belief. Atleast in reskined Farcry games you can blow sh*t up for giggles, can't even do that here.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Both this and HZD are same in terms of tired checklist based open world and boring quests, but HZD has its own niche with robot dinos and unique combat, and an actual good story. This has a double whammy of bland quests on top of bland gameplay. Remember capturing human settlements in HZD? Yeah that is the entirety of Origins with added Senu. 

9 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

And the quest themselves are nothing special. The same boring stuff we been used to for so long. I really did not know why this game was super hyped beyond belief. Atleast in reskined Farcry games you can blow sh*t up for giggles, can't even do that here.

FC5 is amazing, running anticlockwise to the theory that AAA open world games are boring. 

What works for horizon is that it's open world is limited in scope. Most settlements have 2-3 activities and collectibles and not filled with bloatware. On top of that it has excellent controls and mechanics for combat, it plays and controls almost like a linear action game.  Taking out the machines never gets old and the story (once it picks up) is pretty darn good for such a crazy concept. If anyone wants to try something new in the open world space try playing botw. 

10 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Look at all the mix reaction all of sudden. This looking lot like HZD thread with all the mixed reactions :P

Not sudden, I did tell Ne0 back in December not to buy it at full price because its not worth the price. But at that time it was an unpopular opinion.