Metro Exodus

Heaven Angel

Completed the Volga section today and the last sequence at the Cultist's Base was amazing. Did the thing completely stealthy and at the last part where you have to enter the door leading to Silantius there is a wooden bridge to it where a guard roves. He caught a glimpse of me and stuck his neck out. It was raining hard and windy... so he didn't luckily investigate any further, thinking it was nothing. I made a beeline for the door to Silantius' chamber!! Everyone survived.

Also, this moment in Volga after scouting around the map for the guitar and the teddy (damn those pesky mutants and Lurker packs!) was well worth it in the end:

Metro-Exodus-2020-05-12-22-06-33-235.jpg

:)

Edited by Black_Hawk

What are those balls of electricity that float around? I had a particularly hard time driving that carriage back in Volga because one of those balls just continued to hover about the train tracks and gave out large spikes of electricity. I had to wait a while for the ball to move away so that I could continue to drive the carriage. Two hits from those bolts of lightning and your toast!

51 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

What are those balls of electricity that float around? I had a particularly hard time driving that carriage back in Volga because one of those balls just continued to hover about the train tracks and gave out large spikes of electricity. I had to wait a while for the ball to move away so that I could continue to drive the carriage. Two hits from those bolts of lightning and your toast!

It's some supernatural spooky sh*t, in Metro series you get to see actual ghosts of people vaporized by the nukes and ET looking black psychic mutants( not in this game ).

In any case it zaps you and you can't kill it, so you can only run

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

It's some supernatural spooky sh*t, in Metro series you get to see actual ghosts of people vaporized by the nukes and ET looking black psychic mutants( not in this game ).

In any case it zaps you and you can't kill it, so you can only run

Guess what, the first time I came across one floating in the Volga region I thought it probably gave you some power up or sh*t. I walked towards it and then the damn lightning hit me! :wOOtjumpy:

Needless to say from that point on whenever I see this thing I either hide in a safe spot till it passes or just run away from that area completely.

Completed the game this evening, loved playing through it. The last few levels in the Dead City were straight out of a horror title, such great atmosphere!

Got the good ending but nevertheless it leaves you with a bittersweet feeling, which I personally think is perfect for a game like Metro.

Really felt bad that Miller died in the end. Gave up his life so that Artyom could survive. The ending was beautiful Artyom, Anna and the group standing on the fringes of Lake Baikal. :)

32 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Completed the game this evening, loved playing through it. The last few levels in the Dead City were straight out of a horror title, such great atmosphere!

Got the good ending but nevertheless it leaves you with a bittersweet feeling, which I personally think is perfect for a game like Metro.

You know what is bitter fren?

Spoiler

Artyom dying of 15000 roentgen just because you didn't do the arcane steps necessary for the bald Kazakh dude to get back on the train :rofl:

• 5 months later...

So I am playing this on PC and I have everything set to ultra at 1440p. The problem is when you look at the textures up close it looks embarrassingly low-res. I have tried turning off DLSS, AF is 16x. This is especially noticeable in the early snowy sections of the game. But indoors looks fine.

Do I have to mess with the settings in the Geforce experience for this game or any other suggestions to improve the texture quality ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Introducing the Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition

• For PC players, we’re taking advantage of our new Fully Ray Traced Lighting Pipeline and the latest GPU-capable hardware from NVIDIA and AMD to offer the ultimate Ray Traced experience – the Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition.
  • This upgrade is so extensive, it will require a Ray Tracing capable GPU as the minimum spec, and we will need to deliver this version as a separate product – it is not a simple ‘patch’ to the base game – instead it will be offered as an extra entitlement to all existing Metro Exodus PC players.
  • The PC Enhanced Edition will offer additional Ray Tracing features, including Advanced Ray Traced Reflections and support for DLSS 2.0 on NVIDIA hardware, which offers sharper image details and increased framerates and display resolutions.
  • Applying the same philosophy as our Xbox and PlayStation upgrades, this PC Enhanced Edition will be FREE to all existing Metro Exodus owners on the Epic Games Store, Steam and GoG. You can expect the PC Enhanced Edition to release later this Spring.

72487dcb94bc0ed37aa202d74c82f88fe0df47ec

EuRsoiAXcAMhJbL.png

• Like 4

EuRsoiAXcAMhJbL.png

Metro Exodus will run at 4K / 60FPS with full Ray Traced lighting throughout on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X.

Massive Massive Respect

wuuuuuuuttttt 4K 60 with ray tracing ??? Tough to believe, must have done some real work :punk: The game had endless load time on One X.. @Arthur Morgan grab a cheap PS4 copy or digital if you find..

Edited by Assassins Creed
  • Like 1

Just now, Assassins Creed said:

Massive Massive Respect

wuuuuuuuttttt 4K 60 with ray tracing ??? Tough to believe, must have done some real work :punk: The game had endless load time on One X.. @Arthur Morgan grab a cheap PS4 copy or digital if you find..

Yeh toh crazy ho gaya :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Massive Massive Respect

i doubt it but lets see

Metro Exodus will run at 4K / 60FPS with full Ray Traced lighting throughout on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X. The base game and DLC expansions will feature both our ground-breaking Ray Traced Global Illumination (RTGI) and the Ray Traced Emissive Lighting techniques pioneered in The Two Colonels expansion across all content.

High end pcs cant do 4k60 RT without DLSS.lol. I dont expect high quality RT.

Edited by WhiteWolf