Metro Exodus

Heaven Angel

On 6/16/2021 at 11:31 PM, 0verlord said:

Any XSX vs Ps5 comparison for the enhanced edition?

only ps5 disc is available in India 

Peak Resolution higher on SX

Peak Performance higher on PS5 

most likely the resolution scaling working better on PS5 

Edited by AnK

25 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

it has a consistently higher resolution 

There is no consistent resolution in DRS

both will hit equal resolution when standing still 

It’s only while moving or performance heavy sequences when things are really measured 

In such sequences PS5 is consistently at 80% resolution of SX & SX is dropping frames consistently while PS5 maintains rock solid 60 

That’s what good DRS does 

It’s negligible difference otherwise & a big slap on the face of rumour mongerers & shils who kept beating the drum of significant more power in SX in comparison to PS5 

This was the most performance heavy test so far & results are not in favour of those claims

The more powerful SSD on PS5 is not even in play here as this being last gen game ported on next gen 

Though the Duel Sense features in this game clearly makes the PS5 more desirable platform 

Edited by AnK

The difference is practically non existent. Whatever big difference there was in spec sheets cannot be seen here.

XSX has slightly higher res, PS5 is more stable comparatively.

PS5 also has DualSense and 3D Audio Support.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

SX 1500-1700p max vs PS5 1200 vs max 1500p according to DF.

PS5 goes under 1080p in certain scenes, especially Tiagra level. 

SX drops 1 or 2 frame rate more in certain scenes due to higher resolution. They should reduce it to 1600p from 1700p imo.

I agree with this

this supports the TF difference - XSX 1500-1700p max vs PS5 1300-1500p max, according to DF - these are tangible resolution differences

while fps differences are 1-3 fps at best - negligible

Edited by 0verlord

3 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

this only I meant. I said "consistently higher" and not "consistent"

Standing still both will touch more or less equal resolution 

Just like equal FPS 

it’s only in performance heavy scenes that PS5 is at 20% lesser resolution & SX at lower FPS 

that’s what I said 

Edited by AnK

8 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

yes, but nobody really stands still. They move and play the game and enjoy the gfx fidelity the most during performance heavy scenes that PS5 is at 20% lesser resolution & SX at lower FPS that's 1-3 fps at best 

It’s 3 FPS drop after every few frames as depicted in both the comparison videos 

That’s what inconsistent frame rate is called 

if it was 57fps locked it wouldn’t have been performance jarring but as both reviewers mentioned,right now it is!! compared to the rock solid 60 of PS5 

Unless one has an expensive VRR tv that is

Just like Zodak mentioned lowering resolution would give SX rock solid FPS 

Dropping Refresh rate every few frames would give PS5 a higher resolution 

No one has fixed the resolution in a DRS technique which seems to be working more desirably on PS5 

Edited by AnK

32 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I would consider the perf jarring if it dropped below 55fps 

momentary 57-58-59 drops are not noticeable to me in the games I have played so far on my XSX. 20% resolution drop is noticeable as I have a 65' TV and sit very close to it - lower res is immediately noticeable to me 

I will anyway go for the ps5 disc simply bcz it's available and the DS haptics and triggers

:rofl: 

Just so you know according to that video 1015p was the lowest drop on PS5 & 1080p was the lowest drop on SX 

So yeah enjoy the “resolution” if you like that 

9 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Resolution standing still doesn't matter because its not a painting its a video game. 

And you're wrong. DRS isn't some magic wand. The max resolution bounds still depend on processing power regardless of action. 

Lowest recorded resolution on both 

PS5 1015p

SX 1080p

Highest recorded resolution on both(during action) 

PS5 1720p

SX 1800p

if it was GPU gap which was causing the over all more resolution drop we would have seen much wider gap in lowest or highest figure (like pro had over OneX or Xone had over PS4)

These numbers combined with the falling refresh rate on stressful areas on SX tell a different story 

But anyway the performance is pretty much comparable in every game so far & even this which was anticipated for long to be the benchmark of how both the consoles fair 

& the “significant” more power claim seems to be getting debunked so far 

which was my point 

Cleaned up the thread :suicide:

What with all these Shitty comparison comments guys, DF have done their jobs.. Go comment on DF and other YouTube channels about your Analysis.. 

Jo console hai usme khel lo, both are great..  FFS like real gamers discuss what level you are playing and those experiences for once :cry:

we have another dedicated thread for PS vs Xbox, Don’t turn gaming thread into those

Edited by Assassins Creed
  • Like 4

On 6/19/2021 at 12:54 AM, gecko89 said:

The difference is practically non existent. Whatever big difference there was in spec sheets cannot be seen here.

XSX has slightly higher res, PS5 is more stable comparatively.

PS5 also has DualSense and 3D Audio Support.

Oh wow I've already finished the game thanks to xgp :D

will get this during some psn sale

Need to get a ps5 in the first place bc :P

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

If Anyone's having problem upgrading their Metro Exodus PS4 physical copy to free PS5 edition, just make a new account in the US region and you should be able to claim the upgrade, download it and play with your main. (Y)