Metro Exodus

Heaven Angel

• 1 month later...

Metro Exodus will be the first PC game using the NVIDIA RTX real-time raytracing tech

4A Games has announced that Metro Exodus will be using the RTX real-time raytracing tech. Since we’ve been focusing on the DirectX Raytracing API these past days, know that the NVIDIA RTX consists of a highly scalable ray-tracing technology running on NVIDIA Volta architecture GPUs.

As NVIDIA noted, RTX is architected to support ray tracing through a variety of interfaces, and NVIDIA partnered closely with Microsoft to enable full RTX support for applications that use Microsoft’s new DirectX Raytracing (DXR) API.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/metro-exodus-will-be-the-first-pc-game-using-the-nvidia-rtx-real-time-raytracing-tech/

Damn that was fast

4 hours ago, SRINI87 said:

Damn that was fast

I am quite sure the API was already done and shared with their partner studios, it was just 'revealed' now. 

Metro Exodus will be the first PC game using the NVIDIA RTX real-time raytracing tech

4A Games has announced that Metro Exodus will be using the RTX real-time raytracing tech. Since we’ve been focusing on the DirectX Raytracing API these past days, know that the NVIDIA RTX consists of a highly scalable ray-tracing technology running on NVIDIA Volta architecture GPUs.
As NVIDIA noted, RTX is architected to support ray tracing through a variety of interfaces, and NVIDIA partnered closely with Microsoft to enable full RTX support for applications that use Microsoft’s new DirectX Raytracing (DXR) API.

[url=https://twitter.com/4AGames/status/976164791260798979?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https://www.dsogaming.com/news/metro-exodus-will-be-the-first-pc-game-using-the-nvidia-rtx-real-time-raytracing-tech/][/url]  
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/metro-exodus-will-be-the-first-pc-game-using-the-nvidia-rtx-real-time-

Here, i was thinking that only my gtx 860 was antique - this is pushing gtx 1xxx series also. [emoji846]

39 minutes ago, stingray said:

This looks good. IMO even the earlier games looked good and have aged well. Is there still any news on the gameplay reveal??

Most likely should be at E3 unless the game's release gets pushed forward. 

6 hours ago, adity said:

Both metro games look phenomenal and hold up very well even today. 

I expect this one to look very good as well. 

True true...ya I'm hoping for the same

6 hours ago, SRINI87 said:

Video quality is not good even in 1080P

Same thought here....will have to wait for e3 footage I guess

• 1 month later...

[emoji52].. was really looking forward to play this as have no interest in COD or battlefield. But looks like 2018 will be good for single player campaigns again with this & Rage 2 already announced.

I believe more than polishing the game, it has to do with the busy schedule in second half of this year with major titles launch. Same are me views for Rage - Bethesda might have learnt a few things with wolf 2, the evil within 2, prey launches which coincided with some other main launches in the timeframe they were released.

• 4 weeks later...

Another one on my Pre-order list. While the world and atmosphere is not at the level of say Cyberpunk, but the whole Metro vibe and post-apolcalyptic feel is there in addition to jaw dropping graphics.

On hind sight - now after Bethesda and Microsoft’s conference, looks like first half of 2019 is also “too crowded”[emoji846]