Life Is Strange: Before the Storm

Heaven Angel

B5agwOr.jpg

Life is Strange: Before the Storm is a new three part standalone story adventure set three years before the events of the first game. This time play as Chloe Price, a rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber in dramatic new story in the BAFTA award winning franchise.

Dear Life is Strange fans,

Thank you for your incredible support over the last few years. We know you have been eagerly anticipating what is next for Life is Strange so we really hope you enjoyed the announcement trailer for Life is Strange: Before the Storm and are looking forward to the release of the first episode on 31stAugust 2017 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC (Steam).

So yes, that means there are now TWO Life is Strange projects in development, with DONTNOD Entertainment having also recently announced that they are also working on a new game. You’ll be the first to hear when we have more news on their game but for now, let’s focus on the newly announced Life is Strange: Before the Storm.

Before the Storm is our reaction to so many of you asking for the chance to revisit Arcadia Bay. This is where Denver based Deck Nine Games  come in. Deck Nine Games are veteran game developers who, although being a new narrative games studio, have an extremely talented team from videogames, TV and film and a powerful set of proprietary tools called Storyforge. Please join us in giving them a very warm welcome to the Life is Strange family. You’ll get to meet the team and see their fantastic work during E3. Be sure to tune into the IGN livestream on Monday 12th June at 12:00 noon Pacific for the world’s first gameplay reveal.

-Official

Song - Daughter - Numbers

Life Is Strange: Before the Storm's first episode of three is coming on August 31

42 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

Damn this sucks. I hate prequels. Prequels almost always 95% of the time are never a good idea.
But hoping for the best.
But yeah should have been a sequel with a brand new cast with some returning characters.

Last of Us: Left Behind? If they decide for a sequel then it should have entire new setting and characters because the season 1 concluded the story well. Prequel makes much sense IMO since we do not know much about Rachael and Chloe backstory before Max arrived in Arcadia Bay. 

Life is Strange: Before the Storm complete - $16.99.

Life is Strange: Before the Storm Deluxe Edition - $24.99

Pre-order the game and receive: - “Classic Chloe” Outfit from the original

Life is Strange game Deluxe Edition contains: -

• The main game (Episodes 1-3) 
  • Bonus Episode: ‘Farewell’ - play one last time as a young Max Caulfield in a special bonus episodePYI8SJX.png
  • Exclusive New Mixtape Mode – Design your own playlist from the Life is Strange licensed soundtrack and listen to it alongside a cinematic scene from the game
  • Exclusive outfit pack - Change up Chloe's look with three new complete outfits. Includes Punk Doe, Hawt Dawg Man & Illuminati outfits.

This is exactly what I was expecting. Rachel's story included as well. It makes perfect sense to cover Chloe & Rachel's side of the story. However, with Max gone, I believe that takes away the time reversal factor. Anyway, really excited for this. 

5 hours ago, mohit9206 said:

Damn this sucks. I hate prequels. Prequels almost always 95% of the time are never a good idea.
But hoping for the best.
But yeah should have been a sequel with a brand new cast with some returning characters.

This is the best idea as we will know how Max got those powers or any connection to it, if Chloe  just in case had the powers  and that was the reason she had to die/sacrifice others, same things might later happen with Max as well , but this is just my assumption.
And the best part of Rachel Amber , good lord really wanted to know her story.

Hmm, I would have preferred a new story with a new cast of characters but similar themes, but I'll take this.

Also warning to folks who are playing Life Is Strange or are planning to... there could be open spoilers in this thread.

1 minute ago, b!T said:

When they were talking about next LIS, were they talking about this? or is there another LIS 2 coming soon?

Pretty sure they were talking about this. The other game they have in development is Vampyr.

3 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Pretty sure they were talking about this. The other game they have in development is Vampyr.

Cool, I'll take this I guess. First one is a beautiful game.

Last of Us: Left Behind? If they decide for a sequel then it should have entire new setting and characters because the season 1 concluded the story well. Prequel makes much sense IMO since we do not know much about Rachael and Chloe backstory before Max arrived in Arcadia Bay. 

This is the best idea as we will know how Max got those powers or any connection to it, if Chloe  just in case had the powers  and that was the reason she had to die/sacrifice others, same things might later happen with Max as well , but this is just my assumption.
And the best part of Rachel Amber , good lord really wanted to know her story.

Yeah i admit the relationship between Chloe and Rachel could be interesting and since its only 3 eps shouldn't drag too much.
This is NOT made by DONTNOD. They are working on Life is Strange 2. This is made by Deck Nine Games.

Ok this is cool. So this is basically like Walking Dead 400 Days before actual LiS 2 comes out. 3 short episodes while the next game will be proper sequel with new characters.

Also another thing im bothered about is this being a prequel we already know what happens in the future so whatever decisions you make in the game will have no meaning to the overall plot as the future is already set in stone. So a game based around making choices but said choices having no overall effect on the plot because it being a prequel is a problem i see fans complaining about when all episodes are out.

10 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

This is NOT made by DONTNOD. They are working on Life is Strange 2. This is made by Deck Nine Games.

That's interesting. Never heard of this developer before. ope it's not some rushed cash grab and actually expands on the storylines. 

Archived