Mikami's Dino Crisis 1 is an excellent game. Dino Crisis 2 by Shu Takumi is another great entry to the series that ended with a cliffhanger ending.

Unfortunately, both Mikami and Takumi moved on to different projects after that. Mikami created the best remake ever - 'Resident Evil Remake' and Takumi created the best visual novel detective game - 'Ace Attorney'.

And with these key people not involved in the development, we got one of the worst sequels in the history of gaming - 'Dino Crisis 3'.

I doubt Capcom will ever revisit the Dino Crisis series again despite the success of first two games. However, if it happens, I hope they either reboot the series or continue from where the second game ended.

12 minutes ago, GeraltOfRivia said:

Mikami's Dino Crisis 1 is an excellent game. Dino Crisis 2 by Shu Takumi is another great entry to the series that ended with a cliffhanger ending.

Unfortunately, both Mikami and Takumi moved on to different projects after that. Mikami created the best remake ever - 'Resident Evil Remake' and Takumi created the best visual novel detective game - 'Ace Attorney'.

And with these key people not involved in the development, we got one of the worst sequels in the history of gaming - 'Dino Crisis 3'.

I doubt Capcom will ever revisit the Dino Crisis series again despite the success of first two games. However, if it happens, I hope they either reboot the series or continue from where the second game ended.

Hopefully resident evil 2 remake will satiate our need for a good survival horror. :P

Also i just want capcom to announce devil may cry 5, with the original dante/nero. :(

43 minutes ago, Playstationdude said:

Hopefully resident evil 2 remake will satiate our need for a good survival horror. :P

Also i just want capcom to announce devil may cry 5, with the original dante/nero. :(

Yup, I am eagerly waiting for the next update regarding Resident Evil 2 Remake. Capcom is also working on an unannounced Resident Evil title.

• 4 weeks later...

These kinds of games really don't rely on hype as it is not targetted for the masses. Not everyone actually enjoys horror, so marketing doesn't really help much. 

The fans of the horror genre are already behind it / just waiting for it to release. 

Plus, it's from Bethesda (yeah, yeah, Zenimax), so it's expected. They just let their games and community do the marketing for free. 

14 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

These kinds of games really don't rely on hype as it is not targetted for the masses. Not everyone actually enjoys horror, so marketing doesn't really help much. 

The fans of the horror genre are already behind it / just waiting for it to release. 

Plus, it's from Bethesda (yeah, yeah, Zenimax), so it's expected. They just let their games and community do the marketing for free. 

RE7 says hi. Gamers were super excited for it after watching reveal trailer.