Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Engineer

I do not think anyone played on PC apart from PCGamer and Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

Also, streamers had noted this issue. 

Surprisingly, no crashes for me till now. Even though my hardware is antique to say the least. Mix of medium high settings with antialiasing low everywhere. Although my hardware is very different from PC monsters out here[emoji846]. GTX 860m 4GB VRAM. 4GB vram is the only saving grace with core i7 processor..

Intel Core i7 4710HQ, 16 GB Ram, GTX 860 4GB VRAM

To those who are playing the game : 
How are the stealth mechanics? Can we stealth all the way through the missions? ( leave alone bosses )

Stealth is mix bag. In my opinion, not great. Sometimes the enemy AI won’t notice their comrades body lying in open. If you have played TNO, then it’s more or less the same. A quick key execution from behind or above with brutal axe melee or axe throw

No crashes here either. However, something really seems to be hogging the frame rates on Ultra settings for me and hence had to tone down a few settings (Texture streaming & shadows) and move to V-sync OFF to get acceptable frame rates. The game looks absolutely gorgeous. It has that Metro/Resistance 3-ish vibe in the chapter I'm currently on. The intro was brutal and hard hitting. I picked Wyatt's timeline again. Let's see how it goes. 

11 minutes ago, stingray said:

Stealth is mix bag. In my opinion, not great. Sometimes the enemy AI won’t notice their comrades body lying in open. If you have played TNO, then it’s more or less the same. A quick key execution from behind or above with brutal axe melee or axe throw

Thanks for the reply.

What is TNO?

Can we fully stealth the game? Like we can in games like  sniper elite ,payday,mgs etc? 

8 hours ago, ALPHA17 said:

A grand total of ~15 crashes in just under three hours of play. 

Saw one of the live video for sometime who had almost same build as yours but he didn't had this kind of issue. 

I guess PC version needs some patches before it gets stabilized. 

29 minutes ago, realsoccerdude111 said:

Can we fully stealth the game? Like we can in games like  sniper elite ,payday,mgs etc? 

2 of those are open world games and this is extremely linear game. Stealth is rather poor and not encouraged at all. I tried it and didn't really work. Just one alert will send the whole area into an enemy invasion. Also, there are larger enemies (not bosses) who can't be stealth killed and are mandatory encounters. 

Plus this is one game where the non stealthy approach is encouraged. The gunplay is extremely satisfying and fast paced. 

Doesnt work on 560ti, found that vulkan isnt supported. In the morning was alt tabbing between prey and wolf 2 download bar, lol.

Boss, wouldn’t that be a better card that laptop GTX 860m? I thought if this can run on 860m then it can run fine on 560ti. Maybe the 4 gb vram is making the difference [emoji846]. Also, like Doom, did not see an option in graphics setting to play on OpenGL or vulkan.

I don’t know if it is just for me, but I am again seeing some inconsistent textures in the game - especially in levels inside the submarine. There is no texture pop-in, but the quality of textures on walls, environment looks like this game is from 2014 rather than 2017. Anyone one else encountering poor textures in any levels? I however did not have a single crash till now in the game. Currently playing at 1080p, medium settings.

^ There are some textures like you have mentioned but I do not know if that is because of your settings or just bad textures. Which areas are bothering you the most? 

Areas where I can prominently see these issues are -
- all levels in the submarine
- some issues in BJ’s body, armour - basically player character
- the rough textures are almost consistent throughout the levels irrespective of the settings - tried everything from low to high

You can only see yourself in cutscenes so I do not really know about that. 

The Evas Hammer is also pretty good, there are a couple spaces and water is garbage from the outside but I do not see poor textures throughout the level. 

There are shadows, especially of the player model that come off very blocky but you have to really stop and stare to notice it. Again not very bothersome. 

You can only see yourself in cutscenes so I do not really know about that. 

The Evas Hammer is also pretty good, there are a couple spaces and water is garbage from the outside but I do not see poor textures throughout the level. 

There are shadows, especially of the player model that come off very blocky but you have to really stop and stare to notice it. Again not very bothersome. 

Then probably might be something with my hardware only. I have no issue as I do understand that my GPU is strictly lower middle class, but was still looking that it would be able to scale on any game for at least this year with the help of 4GB Vram.
May I also ask what all settings do people playing this game on PC are dialing down? It has at least 6 antialiasing setting sin advanced settings along with chromatic aberration, HDR bloom, lens flare etc.. I am looking for some inputs on dialing down or disabling some settings which would allow better game performance but no reduce graphics fielding as such

What a game. Extremely polished and well optimized game. Rock Solid 60fps at 4k Max. Had a blast the sheer satisfaction of shooting and seeing your bullets hitting the target is incredibly fun. The last FPS that made me feel this way was Killzone 2 on PS3. Highly Recommended. 

PS: Even at max settings I cannot seem to get the same look I saw in a video gameplay few weeks back. The fighting the giant robot in Hangar. Did they downgrade the game?

1 minute ago, HEMAN said:

PS: Even at max settings I cannot seem to get the same look I saw in a video gameplay few weeks back. The fighting the giant robot in Hangar. Did they downgrade the game?

Cannot say unless we see the settings on that gameplay with the hardware in use.