Forza Motorsport 7

PS Fan

Pre-Launch Update

Previews for Forza Motorsport 7 will be coming out on Tuesday the 19th.

The Xbox One game will be approximately 95 GB at launch. Just about 45 GB of that contained on the Blu-ray disc. The remainder 50 GB will be available to download as a day 1 patch. 

Some features in Forza 7 will not be immediately available at launch – including Auction House, #Forzathon events, and Leagues.

35 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Pre-Launch Update

Previews for Forza Motorsport 7 will be coming out on Tuesday the 19th.

The Xbox One game will be approximately 95 GB at launch. Just about 45 GB of that contained on the Blu-ray disc. The remainder 50 GB will be available to download as a day 1 patch. 

Some features in Forza 7 will not be immediately available at launch – including Auction House, #Forzathon events, and Leagues.

Demo is out on 19th I think and Early Access for Ultimate Edition buyers on 29th right? Unless I missed something.

Just like Horizon 3.

Super slow download. Check.

Menu lagging. Check.

Micro stuttering. Check.

Random crashing. Check.

Low CPU usage. Check. 

Insanely long loading time. Check. 

The presentation is nice. Sounds great and looks good. Not for me but if you got nice wheels, you might enjoy it. 

7 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Just like Horizon 3.

Menu lagging. Check.

Micro stuttering. Check.

Random crashing. Check.

Low CPU usage. Check. 

The presentation is nice. Sounds great and looks good. Not for me but if you got nice wheels, you might enjoy it. 

Super slow download = No

Menu lagging = yes

Micro stuttering = No

Random crashing = No. For me game crashes after pressing enter if MSI afterburner is running. Closing afterburner starting the game and then starting afterburner fixes this. Still this should not happen.

Low CPU usage = No

Insanely low loading time = No and the game is installed on HDD.

Pretty solid for a demo. Launch will be much better for sure.

17 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

Random crashing = No. For me game crashes after pressing enter if MSI afterburner is running. Closing afterburner starting the game and then starting afterburner fixes this. Still this should not happen.

Have you tried recording software/ overlays like ShadowPlay? 

32 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

Super slow download = No

Menu lagging = yes

Micro stuttering = No

Low CPU usage = No

Insanely low loading time = No and the game is installed on HDD.

Pretty solid for a demo. Launch will be much better for sure.

You must be lucky then.

I was downloading at 4mb/s while on a 150mbit connection. That is extremely slow. 

Pretty much everyone is reporting the same micro stuttering and low CPU usage, but, okay. 

I don't use any of those MSI crap and the game still managed to crash multiple times randomly. Plenty of them facing the same issue as well. 

I'm running the game on SSD and it takes almost a minute to load. 

The only way I got around lag and stuttering and low usage was by removing CORE 0 of my CPU. Horizon 3 had the same problem and never bothered to fix for months. 

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_topics103_Technical-Support-and-Help.aspx

Yes, very solid demo. Q5piuus.gif 

I too was downloading at 4-5MB/s but mine is 50mbps so that's fine. Your download was indeed slow considering 150mbps. Thats weird I really don't have micro stuttering although 30-40% cpu usage can be considered low. Forza Horizon 3 was a steaming pile of poo on launch and they did take ages to fix it. Micro stuttering was one the major issues together with only 1 core being used. Damn I really did get lucky no problems for me at all. Hope the full version is the same. 

Edited by HEMAN

9 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

This is a problem with the Windows Store app. What does T10 have to do with the inconsistent download speeds on Windows Store?

Menu lagging. Check.

Random crashing. Check.

They should have this fixed by the time the full game launches.

I suspect that T10 have made significant changes to how ForzaTech manages memory. It's a small tradeoff considering the dramatic increase in performance that T10 has somehow magically complemented with even better IQ compared to FM6 Apex. Given time T10 should be able to decrease loading periods. You could help T10 by reporting this along with your system specs.

Low CPU usage. Check.

Micro stuttering. Check.

Try disabling Core 0 for the ForzaMotorsport7.exe executable by deselecting Core 0 under the Processor Affinity dialog box that pops up when you right-click on the executable and click on Set Affinity under the Details tab in Task Manager after launching the game. T10 should have this fixed by the time the full game launches.

Nvidia and AMD haven't released new drivers for the demo. Maybe they won't for the demo. But rest assured that they'll have something ready for the full game by launch. I suspect you're using an Nvidia graphics card. You could also try this - launch Nvidia's control panel and under Manage 3D settings switch to the Program Settings tab. Add the ForzaMotorsport7.exe executable to the list of Programs. With the executable selected, set Power management mode to Prefer maximum performance in the box that lists all of the available settings.

2 minutes ago, pixeljunkie said:

This is a problem with the Windows Store app. What does T10 have to do with the inconsistent download speeds on Windows Store?

Where did I say it was T10's issue? This is a major problem on Windows store and it's mind-boggling that one of the biggest company in the world couldn't sort this mess. 

Good luck downloading ~100 GB at such speed. Maybe fine for you but not fine for people with a faster connection. No one wants to spend a whole day downloading. 

15 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

I too was downloading at 4-5MB/s but mine is 50mbps so that's fine. Your download was indeed slow considering 150mbps. Thats weird I really don't have micro stuttering although 30-40% cpu usage can be considered low. Forza Horizon 3 was a steaming pile of poo on launch and they did take ages to fix it. Micro stuttering was one the major issues together with only 1 core being used. Damn I really did get lucky no problems for me at all. Hope the full version is the same. 

~30% is indeed low. What's surprised me is, Horizon was open world so the issues were okay, given it was their first game on PC. However, APEX ran extremely smooth. So it is kind of disappointing to see such performance here.

6 minutes ago, pixeljunkie said:

They should have this fixed by the time the full game launches.

Given their last release, I'm not 100% about it. But let's see. 

7 minutes ago, pixeljunkie said:

I suspect that T10 have made significant changes to how ForzaTech manages memory. It's a small tradeoff considering the dramatic increase in performance that T10 has somehow magically complemented with even better IQ compared to FM6 Apex. Given time T10 should be able to decrease loading periods. You could help T10 by reporting this along with your system specs.

The problem is, everything seems to be random. Some are plagued with issues while the rest are not. This was the same issue with Horizon 3 and took them ages to resolve it. 

The game launches fine and everything is perfect till you reach the start race screen. It just sits there and loads forever.

9 minutes ago, pixeljunkie said:

Try disabling Core 0 for the ForzaMotorsport7.exe executable by deselecting Core 0 under the Processor Affinity dialog box that pops up when you right-click on the executable and click on Set Affinity under the Details tab in Task Manager after launching the game. T10 should have this fixed by the time the full game launches.

That is one solution and yes, it does work. Same with Horizon 3. But I don't want to. I'm paying them to fix these common issues which have been reported for a long time now. 

How can you expect them to do the same mistakes twice in a row and let it slide? 

I forgot to mention the game Looks amazing in HDR. Only problem is you have to do it manually, according to rumours this should be fixed in up coming fall creator update. Also HDR is HDR10, is there any chance of DV being implemented in full game. Also Microsoft always f**ks up game downloads on launch day. People experience slows download speeds and downloading getting stuck to redownloading whole again. I remember during gears 4 time my download was nearly complete then it hang and started to download everything again. So 150gb download for no reason. They should provide 10 days pre-load for pre-orders of ultimate and 1 day to standard edition people. 

Edited by HEMAN

1 minute ago, Joe Cool said:

Where did I say it was T10's issue? This is a major problem on Windows store and it's mind-boggling that one of the biggest company in the world couldn't sort this mess.

You didn't. And that's how i reached this conclusion. From the list of complaints that you put together, it seemed to me that you were directing the fault at T10.

5 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

The problem is, everything seems to be random. Some are plagued with issues while the rest are not. This was the same issue with Horizon 3 and took them ages to resolve it. 

The game launches fine and everything is perfect till you reach the start race screen. It just sits there and loads forever.

4 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

How can you expect them to do the same mistakes twice in a row and let it slide? 

I'm keeping my fingers crossed even after the full game launches. Considering that gamers are forced to live with "launch bugs" because majority of game studios (even the AAA ones) squeeze the life out of their developers with tight deadlines, i don't think it's wrong of me to congratulate T10 for the awesome work they've done on the demo.